Reviews for Kindred
Dragonscribe chapter 13 . 8/11/2006
"Two voices did cry ‘ouch’ as a certain Witch’s hands slapped them round the heads." ...tehe...

Aww, Sirius is so childish sometimes...and I love it!

Hmm very interesting... very interesting...

Well, you gotta update soon, im curious about what's gonna happen next
Dragonscribe chapter 12 . 8/11/2006
Hm, Snowmane seems like an interesting character. But still I wonder what it is that they have to do...hmm...i wonder.

Nice chapter, btw.
Dragonscribe chapter 11 . 8/11/2006
lol, nice. Sorry it's taking me forever to review.

The little Cody boy seems wise beyond his years, hmm.

Anyway, off to read the next chapter!
GryphonFledglingOfSilverWings chapter 13 . 7/5/2006
I liked this chapter and someone on FP has a salamander! However does that mean that if Alyria gets a papercut, Zesh will die? Poor guy.

Anyway, this is exactly what I have been waiting for and you have done it very well. My loyalty has been secured... for now... *evil chuckle*

So, is this Golden One an inatimate object that has come to life? Hmm?

accounthasbeenabandoned chapter 13 . 6/28/2006
Awesome so far. Love Sirius, he's absoloutely entertaining to read about, especially when he's interacting with other characters around him (Specifically Alyria). Heh, I especially love his quirks. Anyhow, keep up the goodwork and update soon. :)
Exodus Beginning chapter 13 . 6/28/2006
Finally, bits and pieces of the Quest have been revealed. She is searching for someone... or maybe even 'something'. I believe that perhaps the wolf god may have something to do with it, but, knowing my luck at these things, probably not. I see Snowmane's purpose - obviously they need an excellent aim - but Sirius's is still a mystery. I'm thinking that, if the "Golden One" is an object, he has the job of stealing him/it/whatever.

... I'll stop assuming now, lol. Great chapter! Update soon!
Exodus Beginning chapter 12 . 6/27/2006
And so the story takes a dramatic turn. I miss the lighthearted fights and the silly occurances, but this Snowmane and her arrows are too much to pass up. And a nice take on the western elves. Most consider them good while "dark" elves evil. Interesting.

Continue!
GryphonFledglingOfSilverWings chapter 11 . 6/19/2006
AH! BEAUTIFUL! Excellent strategic placings of descriptions.

Very, very wonderful. Congrats on being on Author Alert! Its a great feeling, no?

Gotta love Sirius, gotta love him. My only comment in that respect and the only thing that I really find wrong with the story is that Sirius seems to have softened up too quickly. Without morals was his first description, yet he seems to be one of the sweetest guys I have heard of. Question mark?

Well anyway, I liked this chapter. Forward my Lettuce Heads! Charge! Charge the Southeast counter! Eggbeaters ready? CHARGE!

Great job again,

Atlanas E. Kildarin chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
good God, this is good. and it's just the prologue. Huzzah for humor!
GryphonFledglingOfSilverWings chapter 10 . 6/13/2006
HAHA! I loved this chapter. Definitely one of my favorites just far. It just seems more like the first in the lovely narration that draws you into it. I LOVE the narration. It is most definitely my favorite character, closely followed by Rocky, and tailed by Sirius. *comforts Mr. Flopsy, who pulled out of the running, claiming injuries by "The Foot of God" and contemplating a injured person's court.*

You mentioned this once before and I agree with whoever provoked your comment. A little information regarding description would be nice. It doesn't have to be an info dump, just a mention of color here and again for hair or eyes and perhaps a sentence or three about the lay of the land would add so much to this story.

Well, loved it bunches. I'd like to go to the stars with Sirius. For all of his immoralities, he is a sweet guy... *ducks as Alyria throws something, screaming incomprehensibly about Sirius being hers... Silly Witch...*

Dragonscribe chapter 10 . 6/4/2006
lmao brouhaha. Omg i dunno why but that word cracks me up.

Aw Sirius is so cute with his little star/world talk, i just wanna squeeze him! Too cute, glad those two are bonding

I can always count on a good laugh from reading this, thanks.

Hope to read more from you soon!
Exodus Beginning chapter 10 . 6/4/2006
Hello!

Sorry I missed last chapter - I was at my aunt's and my uncle seems very keen on ridding the world of technology.

I say you did pretty good for losing all your profiles, notes, etc. If I lost that, I would have to crawl into a dark corner and die.

What impressed me most about this particular chapter was Sirius' star theory. I never thought he could think of such a thing, but neither did Alyria, so I guess we're all on the same page. I have something like that in my story (not exactly the same theory, but still). And I thought it was cute how he wanted Alyria to come with him :)

Continue on! And I'll gather up all the luck I can for the next chapter.
Fuuten chapter 10 . 6/4/2006
You add chapters pretty fast, but they're still really good. Yay!
GryphonFledglingOfSilverWings chapter 9 . 6/3/2006
Okay, I forgot to mention that I loved Mr. Flopsy in the past chapter.

I think that your problem is that people tend not to take humor seriously. Even Terry Pratchett, who writes the most political and symbolic humor I have ever read tends to not be taken seriously by some readers just because it is humor. Genres tend to get stuck in their own bad reps. Fantasy is much too often Tolkien rip-offs and not taken seriously, humor is often dumbed down and so as well not taken seriously. This is very funny, yet your author's notes imply that you are actually very intelligent and are somewhat frustrated that perhaps people aren't taking you seriously, instead paying attention only to the fact that most of the humor between Sirius and Alyria is rather lame and in being so is even more funny.

Anyway, this was a great chapter. However, I am a little confused as to what exactly Sirius was paying Nina to do...

GryphonFledglingOfSilverWings chapter 8 . 6/3/2006
Hm...

Chapter was good. The humor was well protrayed, even if the puns were HORRIBLE! (Intentionally done on your part, I am sure.)

The whole story is going well. The only problem I seem to find as of yet is the lack of information-giving on Alyria's part. This is the seventh chapter after all... Sirius just seems to have lost his curiousity as to where they are going and what his entire job is...

Anyway, the characterization, escpecially on Sirius' part, are well done. Simply hysterical.

Excellent job overall. I am loving this story, despite anything I might be saying or have said that might make anyone think anything else...

37 | Page 1 .. Last Next »