Reviews for bulimia
punctured.lungs chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
I've been trying to figure out how to write about it, but I can't. You did it. Good job. Thanks for posting.

a.
Damien Vlashtov chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Aha. I certainly haven't experienced bulimia, but you've definitely given me some good imagery for it. I particularly like the red raw choke, and how you end with "and that's it". Good job at conveying this situation/emotion.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
Wow. I love your use of words in this piece. You really have an ear for sound in poetry, and you use a lot of onamotopoeia in your writing, I've noticed. (Yeah, I was just showing off that I know how to spell onamotopoeia. :p) Anyway, yes, gorgeous and heartbreaking and something like this can only come from experience, so I hope this phase of your life has passed. Keep writing! :)
august harlequin chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
"and that’s it."

basically.
ShadesofBlue69 chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
oh ouch...painful stuff here. but i like it, you do a very good job of describing the process poetically. I also like how you make it sound kinda like your describing some monster (which you are in fact.)either way, nice job.
Talyth chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
this is good... i'm bulimic actually -_- anyway it's all very real, how you wrote it.
Britani- Friend of the Bears chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
Very intense. I like it.
mmmmmmmm chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
this is so... intense, and painful, and haunting.

amazing writing. keep it up.
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
I love the way you give bulimia a physical body, making it really appear like a monster, a demon, ripping apart this girl from the inside out. You use perfect words to describe it and give it that evil, monster feel; words like "slithering" and "crawls."

I don't really like it when poets totally disregard grammar. I can deal with the whole thing being in lower-case letters, though- I've become used to that on this site. But at times there is absolutely no stoppage in this, no periods, no commas. We're not supposed to stop reading until we reach a pause, and so if there isn't one, we just read and read and read until we're out of breath. I was out of breath at a couple points in this poem early on. Later on in the poem, though, the fast reading really adds to the poem, but none of it is excessively long like in the early part of the poem.

My favorite part of this poem is toward the end, when the girl actually throws up, "or splutters," rather. I love the one-word sentences; they totally fit what's happening, and even with just one word you tell us all we need to know. We see it all very clearly. All the imagery is excellent.

This is a very good poem. It's poetic and metaphorical and stuff, but it's also very clear to understand what's happening. We see this girl, we care about her, and we want to help her. The poem is dirty and disgusting and sad, but it's also very powerful, very emotional. You give your writing such authenticity that I actually worry about you. You write about some of these subjects so darn well that it seems as if you absolutely MUST have experience. Either that or you have an amazing imagination.

Write on.
Aneliz Rei chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
I think I've lost the ability to review such peices objectively.

flutter - pause - and...

...and that's it.

It really is just that easy, isn't it?

What do I say? Kudos and job well done?

You probably don't need someone to talk to, but if you ever did...
Prevaricate chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
oh so "red raw".

haunting imagery. stunning in its honesty.

great writing.
arcane devices chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
Great job personifying bulimia. The vocabulary in this piece are grotesque, yet fitting. I must also compliment you on the format. I look forward to your next update. - ADD-san
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
freaky, and it is a monster in a way right? that inner demon...nice work!
Elizabeth Ebony chapter 1 . 6/9/2006
This is so vivid,so dark that it is beautiful.I don't know how you managed to get that so realistic,and artistic...I don't know what to 're amazing.
criti-sized chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
This was very nice, your descriptiveness is great,