Reviews for Sobriety in Society
Mike chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
This is obviously a very personal essay - so much so that I almost worry about critiquing it, but I hope you'll appreciate it. I think you have the power to speak to many people and convince them of your views, but not with this particular essay. It's not a very unified or compelling piece, though it does make some strong points. I would suggest taking a class or workshop, if you can, on persuasive writing and/or speaking, as I think you have potential there that hasn't been fully realized. Best of luck. :]
blackr0se64 chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
I applaude your decision and there are some strong points in this piece, but this would not be enough to convince me personally not to drink. Perhaps you could go into more reasons why people shouldn't rather then why you don't if you really want to convince people.
Formerly chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Congratulations, you're part of the problem!
Ness3665 chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
Umm... hm, not much to say. Congratulations on not drinking.

Erm... Seven point Five out of Ten.

Keep writing. Although I'm seeing way too many angsty essays here.
chaos-abounds chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
this is an excellently written piece that is informative and yet flows easily. (p.s. i am a drinker, but this doesnt change my opinion. congrats on choosing not to drink.)
angeloftheninthorder chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
It is a pleasure to read such a truth on the destructive decisions that can happen because of outward toxins. My father is a recovering alcoholic, so I know where this storie's side is coming from. My mother doesn't have multiple sclerosis, but she has cancer and diabetes type b? I think that was it.