Reviews for Through Me
Guest chapter 30 . 8/1/2013
Your story was amazing, &I really enjoyed reading it. I just love how flawed both Tristan and Ade are and how they are even self-aware of their flaws was great. Their imperfections are what makes the characters perfect. A lot of things Adel felt and did was very real and relatable and I was able to love her character very quickly. Plus, I am also really glad you made Adel a hapa, personally me being an asian female, it was nice to finally be able to identify myself with a female lead, as POC leads are so rarely used in stories.
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 30 . 7/14/2013
I liked the texting at the end a lot. Great work as always! Will is still my favourite!
PandaTheUnderstudy chapter 30 . 7/12/2013
Loved it. Amazing story. Please write more.
I am THE Guest chapter 30 . 7/8/2013
In the beginning of the story, I hated Adel.
In the end of the story, I still hated her.
I really don't know why, but I just did. Everyone has those character's they will hate for all of eternity, no matter how many times they re-read the whole thing, and Adel is mine. Sorry. :P
But the story though, was pretty awesome. A great (sort of) continuation from False Facades.
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 20 . 7/4/2013
Will is probably my favourite chapter. He's really enjoyable to read. Great story so far!
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 14 . 6/26/2013
I really loved the date scenes in this chapter! Great work!
VeronaViridian chapter 22 . 6/24/2013
Good job with this chapter!
I really do mean it! :)
It evoked many emotions out of me and eventually led me to weep like a baby . .
I can't say that many authors have succeeded in doing that . . so congrats!

I also wanted to say that it's an admirable thing that you are doing, going to med school, juggling all your classes and activities to still find time for writing!
Keep it up (:
VeronaViridian chapter 11 . 6/24/2013
First of all, I have to tell you that I really love the fact that you are writing Tristan's love story.
I've read False Facades and was unhappy about Tristan still being hung up on Sammy.
With that in mind, I hope you can fix some minor errors to transform this story into its perfect form.

"Adel hadn't think that she was really well known."
"Her foot tapped as the floor as she waited for him to reach her."

These sentences sound a bit wrong to me. I hope you find a way to word them a bit differently.
Other than that, I'm a huge fan!
I hope you publish these!
Best of luck to you :)
poopforbrains chapter 30 . 6/22/2013
After reading this beautifully-written, perfect story, I have come up with only one conclusion; Julia is a fucking slut and my blood boils just thinking about her.

Seriously. I hate, hate, FUCKING HATE HER. If she wasn't such a bloody whore, everyone's lives would have been so much easier. Gahh. Seriously. Her role - though dead - is a major piss off.

Now that I'm done ranting, time to move on to my review.

First of all, I am so glad that I found a story with great grammar. Finally! It wasn't hard for me to understand the story because the worda actually made sense! Lol.

Secons, the story progression was in perfect timing. It wasn't too fast paced, neither was it draggingly slow. You gave way for the characters to grow and really develop, letting them worm their way into the readers' heart. Splendid work!

And lastly, this story was every bit an enjoyable read as those best sellers. Seriously. Ever thought about publishing this? It's really something a lot of teenagers and young adults would enjoy reading. The characters have depth and the plot isn't your typical story flow. Definitely bookstore worthy.

Also, this review works for False Facade as well. Heh. I would have left a review there, as well, but as you see, I am a lazy bitch so yes. Do forgive me, but I chose to leave the overall comment in the sequel. Hahaha.

P.S. I kmow it's been a year since you wrote here, but I'm still hoping for a Will story or a Dani/Caine one. These characters really intrigue me and I do so think they deserve their happy ending. Lol. Hope to hear from you. reading this beautifully-written, perfect story, I have come up with only one conclusion; Julia is a fucking slut and my blood boils just thinking about her.

Now that I'm done ranting, time to move on to my review.

P.S. I know it's been a year since you wrote here, but I'm still hoping for a Will story or a Dani/Caine one. These characters really intrigue me and I do so think they deserve their happy ending. Lol. Hope to hear from you. Mwah.
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 7 . 6/18/2013
I am really liking this story! I really like all of the twists in the plot so far. :)
ismail.dalbani1 chapter 30 . 6/11/2013
This was pretty awesome!
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 2 . 6/11/2013
I really like this so far! I can't wait to see what happens next.
MileyRowling chapter 30 . 6/9/2013
Oh my goodness, I loved it! Great work!
Hannah chapter 30 . 6/6/2013
I LOVE THIS STORY! Cutest hijinks fake engagement high school shenanigans ever. It's one of my fave comfort reads. It just makes me laugh and feel happy. Also, the ending long distance phone calls and emails are so romantic, there is nothing like some late game pining to endear me to a pairing even more.

I only have a few things that niggle at me: how Victoria embodies and is vilified for the Popular Shallow Bitch trope; the gendered slurs thrown around about her; the sometimes awkward racial jokes ('what a good asian daughter you are' - a white boyf saying that to me would have his head SMACKED, that is not okay); actually, all the commentary about how servile she is to her father are a result of her cultural background make me pretty uncomfortable; and what Adel's father does is absolutely AWFUL, he is a terrible father and human being, why is that not emphasized more?; tbh, even Will's sexuality being treated like a punchline is a true pity? What I like best about your story is you start it off so joke-y at an almost parodic tone but then you invest in your characters and elevate them past their initially stereotyped characterisation (Tristan as the Popular Golden Boy Gentleman is the easiest example of this). You didn't really bother to give any depth to Will, which sucks as he is the only bisexual character represented in your story. The cast generally is not very diverse. :(

On a technical writing point: you use eyes a lot to convey emotion but sometimes it seems overdone - once I think you called Tristan's blue eyes a deep crystalline or something? There's a lot about eyes flashing or suddenly seeming a deeper colour or whatever, and it is effective! But maybe a subtler approach regarding Significant Looks would be even more effective.

Anyway, I do love this story, I remember I started reading it back when I was in HIGH SCHOOL and it has stayed with me since so that is saying something. Thank you for writing it. :)
Guest chapter 8 . 6/5/2013
You are an absolutely incredible writer. I am amazed at your talent for writing the most strong and interesting storylines. I feel like I know the characters personally. I love how graciously you accept criticism and suggestions. You are perfect- my favorite author. Thanks
2,515 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »