Reviews for Through Me
MileyRowling chapter 30 . 6/9/2013
Oh my goodness, I loved it! Great work!
Hannah chapter 30 . 6/6/2013
I LOVE THIS STORY! Cutest hijinks fake engagement high school shenanigans ever. It's one of my fave comfort reads. It just makes me laugh and feel happy. Also, the ending long distance phone calls and emails are so romantic, there is nothing like some late game pining to endear me to a pairing even more.

I only have a few things that niggle at me: how Victoria embodies and is vilified for the Popular Shallow Bitch trope; the gendered slurs thrown around about her; the sometimes awkward racial jokes ('what a good asian daughter you are' - a white boyf saying that to me would have his head SMACKED, that is not okay); actually, all the commentary about how servile she is to her father are a result of her cultural background make me pretty uncomfortable; and what Adel's father does is absolutely AWFUL, he is a terrible father and human being, why is that not emphasized more?; tbh, even Will's sexuality being treated like a punchline is a true pity? What I like best about your story is you start it off so joke-y at an almost parodic tone but then you invest in your characters and elevate them past their initially stereotyped characterisation (Tristan as the Popular Golden Boy Gentleman is the easiest example of this). You didn't really bother to give any depth to Will, which sucks as he is the only bisexual character represented in your story. The cast generally is not very diverse. :(

On a technical writing point: you use eyes a lot to convey emotion but sometimes it seems overdone - once I think you called Tristan's blue eyes a deep crystalline or something? There's a lot about eyes flashing or suddenly seeming a deeper colour or whatever, and it is effective! But maybe a subtler approach regarding Significant Looks would be even more effective.

Anyway, I do love this story, I remember I started reading it back when I was in HIGH SCHOOL and it has stayed with me since so that is saying something. Thank you for writing it. :)
Guest chapter 8 . 6/5/2013
You are an absolutely incredible writer. I am amazed at your talent for writing the most strong and interesting storylines. I feel like I know the characters personally. I love how graciously you accept criticism and suggestions. You are perfect- my favorite author. Thanks
stuck in bed chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Hi! :) Your story has been added over to the Hate/Love category on ADoR.

Here's your review:

"Through Me" is the sequel to well-known "False Facades". Usually, sequels tend to be a problem: they're either unnecessary or they're boring when they focus on a different character. I found neither of these two issues in this sequel. The story focuses on Tristan, a slightly minor character in “False Facades” and Adel, an entirely new character. They met in China, didn't get along too well and then meet up again in Wrenfield. Drama ensues and well…stuff happens. I won't spoil it for you. But definitely check it out if you want strongly individual characters, an amazing sense of humor, and a un-cliche plot line.
princesshours chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
:))
Fiery Dancer chapter 30 . 5/17/2013
What a fantastic story! Literally couldn't stop reading this :) also had no idea what was going on sometimes... Though in a good plot twist kinda way haha - also loved how you wrapped that last chapter up with the texts, hilarious! Off to read the prequel!
ChuGaEun chapter 30 . 5/17/2013
What? does it mean Will ended up will Adam? but he and Caine are perfect for each other. HAHA
Kudos.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/14/2013
I think the characters are somewhat flat. At the end of the day, i can only think them as these fictionous characters. This is what they are but in a good story, the characters seem so real that it's almost like you know this person. Maybe it's because you try to incorporate humour and therefore, they're alittle comical all the time but yah, i feel like the depth of the characters were not wasn't well rounded. Will and Caine's character never built and remained somewhat stagnant. Sammy became dull. Of course, it's just chapter 11. Maybe their characters are built up better after this and if so, i apologise! But so far, given that so much has happened, it seems like nothing has happened.

Sorrrry! I think I'm gonna get flamed. But there's always space for improvement. Pardon me if my post sounds offensive. I do like your story, I do.

You're story telling is great. Good flow and it's very light so it's a good story to read. But if i may critique, the characters just seem lacking. And thus, i lack an emotional attachment to the story/characters.

I'm sure others would beg to differ but it's just my opinion anyway.
annoying reader chapter 7 . 5/14/2013
i would like to annoying say that i guessed it before you revealed the truth. hahahhahahaha. althought i didn't wish for the truth to be revealed so soon. It would be fun to let Tristan misunderstand for longer.
annon chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
omg. what a good way to end the chapter. It got me real interested about this mysterious girl!

And Will is suppose to be bi right? Hahaha. But he sounds way too gay to be bi! Hahhahah.
annon chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
i'm excited. I can tell this story is going to be pretty good. I didnt like sammy from false facades because she just didn't seem like a very firm person and i generally don't like girls that are weak-ish feeling. Or maybe i'm not remembering it right because i read that story a long time ago.

I like this chapter but got kind of disappointed that this girl didn't actually steal the necklace from him. To me, that would have made the story a lot more interesting. And it would have been an unique way to kickstart the relationship between the two. And i would have loved this girl character immediately.

Not that the way you wrote it isn't good. Just my own thinking. Excited to read on!
Serene chapter 30 . 5/11/2013
I am absolutely in love/obsessed with this story. I absolutely love Tristan and Adel and their wonderfully flawed and achingly tender relationship. I love how they both have problems, it makes their relationship real and I love how despite all odds, they come back to each other, waiting. It makes me want something like what they have. Reading your story has totally distracted me from studying but it was worth it. I so want more chapters but I realize that their story has been told. I sound like a pathetic creep with no life, haha, but I just loved reading this.
InkIntoLife chapter 30 . 5/4/2013
Just like False Facades was, this was great. I loved Tristan from the moment he told Caine (in False Facades) that he liked Sam, but he wasn't going to get in the way for her and Vincent's sakes. I also love how you made Adel so insecure, so tough, yet so weak. She seems so much like a real person. You should totally make a series of these! (Next book: WillXSomeone? I'm pretty sure one of the Will-lovers will gladly step up to get that role xD)
-Inky
The Girl Who Dreamed Of Faerie chapter 30 . 5/3/2013
Noooo I refuse to believe this story is over I love it way to much! Is it weird that Will and Cain are my favorite people?
Sorrel chapter 30 . 4/29/2013
I'm glad that I came across both this and False Facades after their completion. I don't think My sanity would have survived those year long waits. X_x

But I just wanted to say how amazingly amazing (yes, you read that right!) your writing is. I hope you continue to write and improve in the future!

Also ... WILL IS THE BEST CHARACTER EVER AND DESERVES A STORY OF HIS OWN WITH SOME BOY/GIRL WHO CAN PUT UP WITH HIM! SO PLEASE WRITE ONE!

That is all.