Reviews for Burning Butterflies
TheDarkPassenger chapter 5 . 6/13/2013
This was just... wow. Everything was so heart wrenching and beautiful, so full of emotion and feeling. The ending was just amazing, though it had tears rolling down my face. I feel really empty after reading this story, but I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. I liked that I was left a little confused, and just can't believe Christian died. The bond between the brothers was interesting considering how abusive the relationship was, and Cody's love for his brother was hard to understand although deep and complex. Amazing work of art.
AdriannaRomantica chapter 5 . 12/8/2011
I felt that it was confusing at some points because we don't really understand the narrator's point in writing this, or who exactly his audience is. I feel that it wasn't entirely bad because it kept my interest the entire time, but it wasn't good in the sense that I could reread it or relate to it.

Thanks for sharing this story, it really did keep my attention throughout.
Conspicuous Maliciousness chapter 5 . 11/12/2011
D8

*crawls into emo corner*

He...he /died/. Because his heart was broken. D8

(Unless I'm an idiot and read that last part wrong. D)

So sad. But very well written! I loved it.

Twisted love is the best. :3
helinamica6577 chapter 5 . 7/18/2011
Interesting. Not a good interesting or a bad interesting. It's sad, confusing, interesting, annoying, irratation, emotional, and very good. At the end of each chapter I couldn't help myself but to instantly want to read the next no matter how much i hated what happened to Cody at the end. This is the first story i've read that is anything like this. I don't like how to goes but I do like this story itself. It had just enough vague parts to keep me wondering.

I am confused to how Christian died though. That was one of the only parts that confused me that I couldn't go back and figure out.

Still a very well-writen story.

:) Interesting
Armenian Beauty Hayeren chapter 5 . 7/7/2011
its strange and interesting that cody seems straight. its like their love transcends gender and family barriers. i wish this story was super long, so i could see more into each of their characters, also i want to read more about these two. i honestly cry every time i reread this, its so wonderfully sad.
Armenian Beauty Hayeren chapter 3 . 7/7/2011
oh god, i love you chad! this story is so depressing, but i cant resist coming back to it! christian is obviously either a psychopath or a sociopath. or he is just a plain abusive sadist, but i think that it is much more deep than that.
Armenian Beauty Hayeren chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
i really do love this story. it is maybe the third time ive read it and now im finally reviewing. christian really bothers me sometimes, but i think he is just messed up and obviously does love his brother. speaking of cody, i adore him! their aunt is such a and im glad she is not in the rest of the story.
EmeraldReporter chapter 3 . 5/30/2011
This story is confusing...
mewlexi chapter 5 . 10/8/2010
*SOB* So sad! Beautifully written_
PointlessStoriesAreMyThing chapter 5 . 6/25/2010
I LOVED this story! It was wonderfully thought out, and beautifully written. In short, it was totally and completely amazing. I guess to say I understand where Cody is coming from is a bit of an understatement... Life at my father's house hasn't been the easiest... But the emotions shared and the words used to describe them were breathtaking to a fault. It's almost as if you were reading my mind at parts, truth be told. Reading this was almost a painful release for me, a coming to terms, if you will.

I guess what I mean to say, is thank you for writing. Thanks for giving kids like me, kids who are so easily forgotten, a voice.

Have a good day, and God bless! )

Emily Anne
Dark Lynnette chapter 5 . 4/10/2010
I don't yet know if I liked this story or not. Well, I didn't hate it. But it left me confused throughout. I did understand it, and mostly enjoyed the style. What I didn't understand was who the narrator was writing the story for, even if just for himself. I didn't get a sense that that person was consistent the entire time. Sometimes there were more details and other times there weren't. If it was for a complete stranger, I would have expected more detail, and if it were for himself, I would have expected a little more specificity and clarity or opinion. It was up and down in that regard.

Thus, I haven't decided the level of goodness of this story. But maybe that's what you were going for. Just getting people to think about it. Yup, it was quite disturbing. You achieved that very well.
wikus chapter 5 . 5/29/2009
I almost cried. Like, my eyes got all wet.

I don't know if I like it, it made me sad and tense and miserable. But it's good and well written, and very honest, I guess. Sounds so sincere and painful, like he means every word, like a real story. That's the worst about it and what made me almost cry.

Christian is very fucked up, but we don't really know anything about him. He's the classic abusive type, caring at a second and violent at the other, but that's all we know. Still, I don't like him. It's not fair to not like someone when you don't know them, but I don't like him. I don't even really care about Cody either, but I feel sorry for him all the same. He's got no one and I know he'll love his brother forever.

Anyway, I got curious about the end, but that's ok. It's a pretty good story.
belisha chapter 5 . 4/19/2009
in your words: "oh motherfucker you suck, you should've added that you bitch!"

naw, as much as i hate it, it could not have been better (even with the open ending)
Satan'z Myth chapter 5 . 8/9/2008
What I liked about the story that whatever happened has been put in a way that the reader can actually feel the hurt and pain...however, if I could change a few things (which I can't because this lovely piece of writing is credited exclusively to you), I would make it evident WHY Christian used to such things...was he not mentally stable? 'No' should be the only practical answer because - 1) I know what kind of love exists between siblings, especially when they have nobody else, and 2) at one time he used to love Cody and the next moment he would be heartlessly causing him pain...that is not love!

Also, had you included anologies with nature any place else, the one at the end would have made some more sense because Cody did not come off as a very poetic person. And the ending is too sketchy - what happens when Cody falls? How does Christian die? What happens to Cody after that? If not the last question, the others should have been answered.
Kneecap chapter 5 . 5/9/2008
Uh, I'm scared of sounding too complimentary, in case it's misconstrued as 'fangirling'. But, yeah, if you don't like the review then don't read it? Which would be a shame seeing as it's YOUR story. :-). I'm rambling.

If I were to pick out some points that I really thought were fantastic, they'd be the ones to do with nature. I'm not sure, but I'd guess that you used pathetic fallacy a few times? I thought it was very cleverly incorporated.

I genuinely loved the whole plot; it was moving and didn't shy away from abuse.

I suppose I have to be a bitch at SOME point today, so I'll just settle for saying that I thought the dialogue could've been more engaging; I found the most interesting parts were the descriptions of the speaker's love.

It may sound unoriginal and crap, but I thought it was an incredible story. I'm envious of your talent. Thanks for reading this xoxoxoxo
61 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »