Reviews for A World in My Head
SwordoftheKing chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Story and author faved- nothing more to say. Excellent work!
daughterofmusic chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
I loved it. It's so true... we all must have that world, somewhere in our minds, where we can escape and fantasize and be "shamelessly childish". I believe that's part of what keeps us really living - the knowledge that somewhere, in the back of our heads, is a place of beauty and joy and wonder - a place where we can dream up the impossible and create the fantastic, a place which omits fear of rejection or laughter.

This was a very well-written piece - keep it up!

Daughter of Music
Solemn Coyote chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
There are nitpicks to be made, of course. Strictly speaking, I'd be doing you a disservice if I didn't critique that comma and reject that phrase. However, as far as spirit goes, you have a very genuine, very pure piece here. It's really cool and I really like it. There is a stream-of-consciousness feel to the piece, but it isn't distracting. It sweeps the reader up and transports him. As a reviewer, I'm obligated to offer the following nitpicks. As a reader, I'm content to sit back and say this is awesome.1) First nitpick: excess poetry. There are a few places in this peice where the stream-of-poetry clots with adjectives. "fauns play pipes to lull me to sleep beneath twining boughs clotted with red and gold leaves beneath skies of azure" is a very pretty phrase, but it evokes too many images for the reader to process easily. This isn't a major problem, because it fits with the style, but it's something to consider in future writing. 2) Second nitpick: You know, I can't really be objective reviewing this. It has a soul, and I can't bring myself to spellcheck someone's spirit. Good job. Well written. I'll try to critique one of your other stories, because what I'm writing here is pretty much an "OMG, this stori is amzing!" kinda review.-Solemn Coyote
Joelle Duran chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
This, I just loved. I was thrilled to see a mention of totoros and especially Niggle. And it reminded me how much fun I had with the Robin Hood book as a a beautiful and inspiring piece. Thanks for writing it!

Does seem a little petty to be pointing out nitpicks here, but there was one line that tripped me up a little:"In my world, fauns play pipes to lull me to sleep beneath twining boughs clotted with red and gold leaves beneath skies of azure." The repetition of 'beneath' was a little distracting.

But the rest is just fantastic-and I agree with you completely."If we do not write from the soul, we are not writing."
Medieval Fantasy Freak chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
This is truly amazing. It really made me feel a lot better actually.

My friends don't like medieval fantasy, or even normal fantasy stories. None of them. I'm the oddball in the group, because everyone else is a girly-girl, and they read things about prom, and dating, and all of that stuff. And one of my friends told me once that my stories were boring. That really upset me, and I've stopped writing. But reading this has really made me want to write again.

So, to you I say, "Thank you." You should really give yourself a pat on the back. You've given a pen to the writer, and a hope for the dreamer. Thank you for writing this.
Alankria chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
This is a very, very touching little piece, wonderfully expressing a sentiment I totally agree with. I also think that, in creating these worlds, we find ourselves sometimes sad because we cannot truly live in these worlds - I would absolutely love to live in the world of 'Painted Angels', preferably on Naiad.
orangeymoonwoof chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
"My world contains a thousand joys and a thousand sorrows. It is my inspiration and my refuge, and it is my world because it is what I love."

I loved this. It was well-written and awe-inspiring. Just..really beautiful.
Count of Casualty chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
The people of my world applaud you. xD

This is by far one of your most beautiful works. It's simply astounding. Awe inspiring. It really spoke to me.

Love you girl! *hugs*