Reviews for Just for Glory
Red chapter 20 . 10/17
This was so so so good! I am honestly, 100% convinced that you could get this published! There were a few typos here and there, but I swear if this turned into a book, people would love it! Please write more stories I NEED MORE STORIES FROM YOU xx
Red chapter 15 . 10/17
Julietish chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Hi! It's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo. When your story was featured on ADoR, a judge wrote this review for it: I read this whole story in one night - not my best move, considering I had two papers to write, but otherwise completely satisfying and totally worth it. I am in awe of Imaginary Parachute’s skill in characterisation, insight and writing in general.
The story begins with an unpleasant hallway encounter at high school. Donovan is a well-known pothead and slacker, while Piper is the notoriously frigid and clever wallflower. Their unusual friendship develops from a bet - refreshingly, the bet is quickly cast aside without further repercussions, instead of taking over and ruining their relationship.

The author keeps a tight focus on their relationship, giving it time and opportunity to slowly mature without distracting the reader with the high school nonsense that often revolves around main characters. Also, the story is written from both points of view so that the reader really understands both sides of any argument and the conflicting feelings and denial Donovan and Piper face. The pace is fairly slow, but each chapter is filled with detail and reveals something about each character, so that not one of the chapters is extraneous or dull. The deliberate, lingering mood of the story makes the ending exquisitely emotional.

I still think of Donovan and Piper fondly; that is how well and how realistically they were written. I cannot expound enough on the merits and beauty of this story. Read it. Read it.
Ash chapter 20 . 8/27/2014
This story was unusual, beautiful and more than anything.. realistic. I loved this to bits. Thank you for such a wonderful read.
Scarlett Frayne chapter 20 . 6/8/2014
I luv this!
simplee chapter 20 . 4/22/2014
I just LOVE how this isnt your typical highschool romance story. It kept reading. I actually started to lose hope that they would get together until Oliver came in to the story
NessieXnessie chapter 20 . 11/11/2013
This was beautiful. I loved the plot and the fact how real this felt, certainly haven't read anything like this before. I absolutely beautiful, thank you so much. They are just perfect together and they don't need some corny lines to prove it!

You rock!
misssmiley03 chapter 20 . 11/5/2013
I luv it 3
Guest chapter 20 . 10/19/2013
This an amazing story that cannot be described using words! The best story written by a 15 year old , that's for sure! It leaves you with such a feeling of reality, like only the natural born genius writers could write it! The characters are imperfect, but that's exactly what makes them so real, so charming, so very beautiful! And their friendship, their relationship, their love...It fells so real,it's one of those things in life that makes you laugh and cry straight from your heart...There are simply no words to describe this! Wow, reading this I just felt like I want to know these people, I even forgot they don't exist! And the references about Disney's classics, old films, my beloved Frank Sinatra and one of my most favorite novels - "The catcher in the rye"-just make this story even greater and the characters - even cooler! I just love "Just for glory", it's simply beautiful and I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to feel the sane way! Reading it is not in any way waste of time!Thank you so much for being inspired to write it and post it here!Thank you! I'm sure you're as wonderful as your characters are and I wish you become one of the greatest writers of our age, publish " Just for glory " and write more and more and more. 3
P.S. - I'm sorry if I have mistakes, I'm not a native speaker.
Belly boo1099 chapter 20 . 8/27/2013
OMG *fangirl screaming* so cute! Beautiful story I loved it and truely enjoyed read it. It has also made me obessed with old movies and songs now such as the movie Guys and Dolls and Sinatra songs ahah. Anyway amazing story! :D
Princess Wanderer chapter 20 . 8/24/2013
damn. good stuff.
thespookyredsparkle chapter 20 . 7/11/2013
That was beautiful! I'm sorry, normally for the final chapter of a story i write basically an essay. But i can honestly say this review is so short because i am speechless! 100% spectacular! Amazing! Thank you!
-Syrina Kamar :D
Margatini chapter 20 . 6/10/2013
I loved this so much! Donovan and Piper are definitely amongst my favorite couples now.
Guest chapter 16 . 6/10/2013
Donovan's hugs. *swoons*
Margatini chapter 12 . 6/9/2013
I can't imagine myself being as calm as Piper. She is a saint.
636 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »