Reviews for The Merchant's Daughter
Guest chapter 40 . 11/30
Really hope you continue this story! Have caught updates here and there over the years and have always enjoyed it.
TheMagicalHandbag chapter 40 . 7/24
You updated! Yay! Though I am a little late on reading it.
Oh man Jack... despite Jeanie telling him the same thing what Jarvis said, sad it has to be another make to get through to him. But I can see how Jeanie, although, she cares for him so much,never thought how he should view his own future and how it pained him when she thought all was well as is.
And I do hope she finds someone else to give her heart to. Her and Jack have grown so much that what romantic feelings she had for him no longer mean the same as before.
I just have to say, Mr. Bachanan is definitely growing on me:)
Lessgo chapter 40 . 4/22
Soooooo good! Thank you and thank you for posting such a wonderfully long chapter! What a treat!
Guest chapter 40 . 4/22
Oh, and maybe Sophia has matured some, will forgive Jack, they can get back together, and Jeanine can be their beloved sister and friend once more.
Guest chapter 40 . 4/22
Thank you so much for the update! Made me happy! Updates could not come too frequently. :)

Buchanan overall I think is an honorable, reasonable, responsible, respectable man. Just doesn't know how to deal with an emotional woman. Understandable that she would be a bit more confusing than most! :) Hope their futures merge once again.
Just really do not like Jarvis. At all. What a manipulator! Jack did a horrible thing in leaving with a lie, but Jeanine was definitely overreacting to finding out about it. Sure, she wouldn't have gone to sea looking for him and would have been spared many horrible things, but also would not have experienced all the things that she loved and met all the people that she has come to care for. So glad they talked. I think that they (and we are readers) understand more. I do think that HE thought he had good reason to leave, but I don't think it actually was a good reason. Feelings are real, but not always true. I think that's the case here. I think he really did FEEL that way, and thought that THEY thought a certain way too, but they didn't. As for Jack and Jeanine, I think they really did and do love each other, but personally I don't see it as a romantic love or even really in their future. I think that it is great that she loves the sea. I so hope that her future holds some possible way that she could have a position that allows her a life at sea. Last sentence was fantastic!
Guest chapter 39 . 4/22
Oh, no! Not Jack with Jarvis! He can't know what kind of man he is surely.
Guest chapter 38 . 4/22
Jeanine really does have some good friends in her life. Glad that Charlie and Conner are getting along. Hated when they were fighting. Did the woman steal her jacket buttons? I was liking Buchanan's character more and more. Well, until he's leaving with a woman he doesn't even know. Guess it was acceptable behavior for sailors, even officers, but still...ewww.
Guest chapter 37 . 4/22
"Am I not here?" - Wow, that was great! Love that it had an impact on him even if he didn't change his mind.
Lessgo chapter 1 . 3/4
So amazing. Couldn’t put it down! Thank you! What a joy to read. You are so talented!
TheMagicalHandbag chapter 39 . 10/20/2019
Oh, happy day! I was so excited to see you updated a chapter. And what a surprise you have, indeed, lain down at the end there. As for Jarvis re-entering the picture- ugh, wish someone could smother his snotty little face in a royal John already... Seriously, he’s a terrible lad. I want to know how Jeanie reacts to it all as well as Conner and Charles. I look forward to what happens next.
Chaostion chapter 39 . 10/14/2019
I'm really interested in this reunion! And the upcoming interactions with the other crewmembers.
Guest chapter 39 . 10/14/2019
Now there's a twist for sure! Great chapter! Thank you!
TheMagicalHandbag chapter 38 . 6/15/2019
Love your story! It’s driving me crazy how so many men Jeanine has around her that are love interests. Like I want see her in love with someone ( other than Jack) eventually, but I love that she is finding love and surety within herself first.
Guest chapter 38 . 6/11/2019
Thank you. I thought it made sense. Looking forward to more.
Chaostion chapter 37 . 3/5/2019
I think her outburst made sense, at this point she'd feel like it'd all be for naught. She considers him a friend and he seemed to have done a 180 from his previous position from her perspective. I'm curious if she's actually going to leave the ship or if some naval battle interferes with that.
104 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »