Reviews for The Merchant's Daughter
readlife chapter 30 . 7/12/2012
It's not nearly as bad as you made it seem! Though I can see some parts that you might want to change, it is really not a bad chapter at all. I'm excited to see how Jeanie's meddling influences O'Hannigan's and Platt's relationship. This is my favorite story on Fictionrpess right now, so I'm always looking forward to the updates, no matter how long they take.
Railia chapter 29 . 4/24/2012
ahhh I didn't realize this was the last chapter you posted and it was terrible coming to an end! I really hope you continue this story! It's really well written and thought out!
mozartian chapter 29 . 4/6/2012
AAAAHH! I stayed up until 3:30AM just reading this last part. Why must you do this to us? I'm starving, dying... I MUST have MORE! Please, stories like this are what sustain me! Well, metaphorically speaking anyway... but it's entirely the authors' fault that stories like this are so damn compelling to read. :) You have no idea how much I abuse the FictionPress homepage just to check up on this story.

And if that wasn't a way to beat around the bush... please, please, PLEASE update again soon!
g chapter 28 . 2/6/2012
plz plz plz put up part 2 soon!
readlife chapter 27 . 11/20/2011
Oh don't let it end there! This was a sweet chapter and it was nice to see different sides of Jeanine and Connor. I'm very curious about Connor now, what happened with Mr. Platt, and his feelings for Jeanine. I always look forward to your updates!
mozartian chapter 27 . 10/27/2011
Okay, I'm a lurker. I found this story whole eating lunch, had to read it at any free moment I had, and I got to say, I LOVE THIS STORY! :D

I won't go into the what/how/why I find this to be an amazing story, because it doesn't need any of those unnecessary justifications. What you *do* need to hear, however, is that if this were a published novel, I'd buy it! All the characters are so vividly described, so believable, I would've thought they were derived from people you knew.

Oh, and another thing: please update again soon! Very soon! I want to see and hear more. :) I can't even say "read," that's how good this is.
jp chapter 27 . 10/25/2011
ahhhh totally loved it!
readlife chapter 26 . 10/8/2011
Great story! I'm so curious to see what their step-grandfather is going to tell them.
Iluvrandomeness chapter 26 . 10/2/2011
Thank you so much for updating! Please keep up with the story, it's one of my favorites!
guest1 chapter 26 . 9/28/2011
thanks for updating,cant wait for the next chapter!
paintingclouds chapter 25 . 7/19/2011
I look forward to the update! The interweaving of Hammond back into the story was done very cleverly (I like your discreet name "Mr Aitch"!) - I was starting to feel a little more sympathetic to the man when he exhibited a little self-control. It helped me respect him a little bit more. And poor Allan too - I do feel sorry for him (at least presently)! It seems that all of the men cannot help but be infatuated with Jeanie. If not for Allan's unbecoming first impression (re Sophia; also, his trying to kiss Jeanie), I think I would prefer him over Jack. He seems so gentlemanly of late. Jack himself needs to wake up to his affections (if they are even there - if they are, certainly they are suppressed very very deep within him). It's a strange mixture of childish naivety and admirable bravery that seems to move Jeanie to pursue her Rose Boy. An intriguing theme that you've effectively developed throughout the story seems to be one's inability to choose whom they love - an annoying sense of destiny seems to painfully conflict with the spurts of emotion each character faces.

Maybe more character development of Sophia would add even a teensy bit more suspense to the story, though the story is very gripping nonetheless. Adding a little more depth to Sophia's character actually might confuse the reader, so I'll leave you to think about the possibilities surrounding that one. :) But yes, I can't seem to get over the feeling that Sophia's emotional connection with Jack will be awfully difficult to sever- from every angle.

Aaah, I apologise for the long, quite analytical review!
paintingclouds chapter 4 . 7/16/2011
Amazing! Very touching story - description is beautiful, very vivid. The end of the chapter brought tears to my eyes.
Crazy.Kc chapter 24 . 7/12/2011
I just read your story and I'm really hoping you update soon. And I'm surprised you don't have many reviews. Everything is wonderfully written and you draw the reader into the story. Can't wait to read more )
rgarner31 chapter 24 . 7/1/2011
i hate to go against some other reviewers, and i think hammond took on a sweeter light here, but no matter what i cant shake this feeling like hes a creepy pedafile guy...i mean hes like 30 or 40 right? and shes 14?... oh well :P

I feel like this is a real, published book and am so excited for a new chapter! Im wondering who Jeanine is going to end up with! fingers crossed for O'Hannigan XD great new chapter and story you got going here!
readlife chapter 24 . 5/5/2011
This story keeps getting better and better! Although I miss the knowledge that was in some of the chapters, romance wise it has added another level. I hope Mr. Hammond doesn't disappear forever.
83 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »