Reviews for The Merchant's Daughter
Tippers2 chapter 24 . 4/27/2011
This chapter rather makes me wish that Jeanine would like Hammond. :D And now O'Hannigan knows...quite interesting!
readlife chapter 23 . 4/18/2011
I think I may like this Hammond/ Ellison development...

As always I enjoyed the chapter and can't wait till the next one.
EmptySh3ll chapter 21 . 1/17/2011
I feel bad for Allen since he truly likes (maybe love?) Jeanine and yet it seems that the story is favoring Jack. However, then I feel weird the Jeanine must settle for Sophia's leftovers. I mean, I just have a lot of problems since I don't know which way to go, but that just means this is a good story.
alakazam05 chapter 21 . 1/12/2011
i was wondering where captain travers would enter the picture and finally he was mentioned. i hope he will really make an appearance.

jorie is adorable! i expect the story to speed up but i hope the intricacies of the plot won't be sacrificed.

as much as i like Jack, coz he's a good friend to Jeanie, i'm rooting for Allan now. i hope she sees the good in him. Jeanie is too stuck in her past feelings for Jack. And somehow I hope Connor O'Hannigan will play a bigger role in Jeanie's life.
AresScarletRaven chapter 21 . 1/11/2011
I really love your story but I don't understand what Colin has to gain from Jeanine being out at sea; why would he even bother to force her on the boat?

Jack would have already been out to sea by the time they reached him and again what does he gain from sending Jack out? Yes, he causes drama but he seems like he's needlessly putting a lot of time and money into making sure Jack stays there, he could just pick another poor sap from the streets and press him without spending a dime.

Well, I can't wait for the next update.
music-whiskers chapter 20 . 12/14/2010
Your story is just so much fun to read. I am so glad you updated. Adding a side story if possible would give this story more depth and less of a such a straight forward feeling.
Istalri chapter 20 . 12/7/2010
This story is really interesting! I can't wait to see what happens next :D
Kirstie chapter 19 . 9/30/2010
AH! Are you going to review soon? I've really enjoyed your story :) It was a little confusing with all of the men at first but it's getting a little better now that she is out at sea. Update it soon please!
lollipop chapter 19 . 6/26/2010
I am shocked that you haven't had more reviews! I absolutely adore your story and really hope that you continue writing it. I love the introduction of all these new characters and I am curious to see where you will go with the story. Don't stop!
mamamia chapter 18 . 6/4/2010
so wait is she with allen or Jack? I dont understand?
Lindsay chapter 18 . 6/4/2010
You dont know how happy i was to find a well written story about a plain girl who loves someone she cant have. Until i found out you had no intension on puting them together. I was heartbroken.

(I seriously sat and read all 18 chapters in one sitting. Glad i didn't start reading it in 2006, i would have gone crazy with lack of updates)

I would have loved her with Allan in another story, or if you hadn't built up her and Jack for so many chapters. I really wanted to see her with her Rose Boy.
unknown chapter 17 . 3/17/2010
update more often please!
superheroesarereal chapter 15 . 11/29/2009
Edits that I noticed:

1)"A great part of her cursed him for ever falling through with the elopement" should be following instead of falling

2)"Even if Jack was found,"- was should be were

3)"Before long Mr. Ellison would summon him " comma after long

4) " and she had latched onto him within a heartbeat" take out had because thats one of those weird types of past tenses and the rest of your paragraph is in normal past tense

People that you write better than:

1) Nicholas Sparks

2) Stephenie Meyer

3) J.K. Rowling

4) Wally Lamb

5) Me

People I like more than I like you:

...
laggyman chapter 14 . 6/6/2009
i forgot to tell you yesterday that i read this on wednesday. it wasn't a bad chapter but not my favorite one storywise. it was however, one of the most well written ones in terms of style and all that other literary nonsense. i give it an 8.5 out of ten whe good job pretty woman
laggyman chapter 13 . 4/22/2009
thank you for updating, woman. do it more often _
83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »