Reviews for Paradise Lost
Mislav chapter 1 . 2/18
Very intriguing and well-crafted story, with interesting observations on politics and religion. I liked the main idea behind the story: creating divine being by combining Magistrate Li with the highly advanced artificial intelligence, in order to unite different people living on the newly discovered planet. But also, to keep them under control. I actually felt sorry for Athena. I also liked how you depicted various political movements/Homesteads-and their demise-on that newly colonised planet. It just goes to show that some things never change. The part about humans having intercourse with machines in the future really surprised me. I think it would be interesting to see a sequel to this story, but at the same time it is not necessary, it works well on its own. Keep up the great work. It was fun reading one of your older stories.
Michael Panush chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
That was very will written, and a little freakish. Transhuman combinations of man and machine are always wierd, and this is no exception. I think it's kind of odd that you just theorize all of these developments coming from the creation of a human/machine hybrid, and there's not much of a link. If the story flashed forward to the future, to see if this glorious technocratic wonderland came about, or not, that would give this story a bit more closure. Other than that, I enjoyed it a lot. It had a great concept and fantastic writing.
Alankria chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
A strong end there. It feels like the beginning of something much larger.
Domina-Alearum chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
Wow. This story gave me shivers. Excellent. I liked the little introduction to background at the beginning.
Marinus chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
A superb piece of work - intriguing and definitely worth a follow-up.

I can find no glaringly obvious faults here - just what I'd expect from you. Would also like to thank you for 'SciFi for Dummies' and 'Martial Arts For Complete and Utter Morons'

Like the Voltaire quote. Keep writing.
Shadowhound chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
Interesting story. Is this a stand alone or the beginning to a new story? Either way you did an excellent job with this.

Shadowhound