Reviews for The Waiting Room
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
This one's amazing. Really. Totally approachable, beautiful language. One of my favorites.
felicia13 chapter 1 . 6/4/2006
Ooh .. this strikes a chord somewhere in my mind .. It's hauntingly familiar, somehow. Almost like this is someone I've sorta-annoyed in the waiting room ..

Still, it's art. Yay for freedom of expression. Yay for our first amendment rights!

all my love,peter
elasticbobaturtle chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
Your word selection is, again, wonderful. The way you exclude certain words to create a sort of choppy-poetic flow really brings out your style, which I like. Another great one.
steev chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Almost decent, although a lack of music (rendering this near prose, and sonically ugly regardless), a gross amount of bad line breaks (almost every line), grammatical errors, & cliches (the most grievous being her sitting watching the light, wondering about the weather, the occupied chair metaphor) drag this down to a bad poem. Fix this.
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
it's interesting how similar your style is to faithless juliet. your diction is beautiful, per usual. nice work.
Aquafied chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
a waiting room poetically put. you know, i just realized as much in denial as i am, i dont like going to the doctors.

but i am a pessimist and apt to like bad news.

i feel strange, but i really like this. something so realistic that i can actually see it.
Konfusion chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
I am particularly fond of "And she's partial to the moon, yet I don't know this, in her purple fingernail world, I am just an occupied chair". The entire poem felt like a story, but one that flowed like a river, but never bumpy. I felt as if I was there watching her. Wonderful work.
Naibz chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
I picture a doctors office waiting women is glamours and wearing lots of make-up. good imagery. and I like the potrail of how impersonal people are. specially in such a setting.