Reviews for Reflection
Siren-esque chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Wonderful. A few well suited words work wonders.

Completely relatable.
ossining chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
Gorgeous. And it sounds like the poem describes who you are to a tee! Very cool. Keep writing! :)
Sparrow Still Sings chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
What could I possibly say to express how much I enjoyed this?

Shakespeare – made some very beautiful work but its only beautiful in short doses before it just becomes to mind numbing and a brain overload.

“Seeing one’s reflection in their own palm” – that’s pretty powerful right there, as it stands alone.

Just like the poem says “whatever” – that’s what I feel from this piece. It’s a bit like forgetting, a shrug, a sigh, a glance, and then another sip to just forget it all again.

- Sparrow
in theory chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
I like the length of this one, it's short but just enough (and it's not often that I say that believe me :P)

Strange that no matter how many important memories alcohol can erase temporarily, the thoughts of other people still stick. I like this, it's all one successive thought that has so many baby thoughts. Nice work

truly,j
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/10/2006
I like this the whatevers is funny.. well done
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
[My reflection is so thick that I can see it / across the lines of my palms] Definitely the heaviest, most poetic lines of the poem. And also the best.

[after a few (whatever’s)] LOL. I like that.

[incoherent / but still able / to recite Shakespeare by heart.] Very amusing and cute and ... true, probably.

This is a very good little poem. It's cute and amusing and yet I also feel it's a very accurate portrait. This is how I kinda imagine you.

Nice job.
R.J. Crosbie chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
i liked this poem because it was short and surreal, i guess is the word i'm looking for. i liked the lines about the girl dancing on the table tops and the last lines: "but still able to recite Shakespeare by heart."
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
I liked this because it showed that anyone can have many layers. Obviously I got that feeling from the Shakespeare refrence, but the 'dancing on tabletops' and 'My reflection is so thick that I can see it across the lines of my palms' lines also gave me that impression, as well as the feeling that you're totally okay with who you are, and if people don't like/understand that, fuck 'em. Well, thats what I gout out of it, anyway.

I'm having a kind of busy day at work today so I'll have to read The Mansion tomorrow (on my day off). Also, the 6/6/06 is on a Tuesday in Australia. Not sure if that changes from country to country. And for the record, I don't think the world would end on a Tuesday, its too bland. If the world was going to end, it would be on a Friday. People would be looking foward to the weekend and BANG! The Four Horsemen are riding down your street setting fire to cats and what-not.
the nonexistant chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Cool.
Thyrt chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
good contrast

makes you think
steev chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
The first five lines are cliched.

L6 & 7 have bad line breaks.

This has no music (making it sonically dry & ugly), resembling prose with line breaks more than poetry.

The last line is vaguely cute, but little else.
Elizabeth Bilberry chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
I think what I like the most of this short poem by you, is the part in brackets and the intriguing last lines. Take care and keep writing such inspiring works.

EB
coal and marigolds chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
Really lovely. Right on the edge of tipping but still functioning. Great stuff.
chaos called creation chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
The ending made me smile.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
This really captures a situation and a personailty so well. So specific, and yet just vague enough to be universally identifiable. Marvelous work.