Reviews for Masquerade
Vanilla Tea chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
This is definitely a relateable poem, to anyone. i really love the way it flowed! i can never find anything to really fix in your poems, they're all really amazing.

The only little thing, in the first line of the fourth stanza. i think you might've meant "then" instead of "they"?

-SB, review marathon
Briar's Thorn chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
This is a beatiful peace i comend anyone who can write a poem that rhymes and sounds good. i can't thats for sure! i wish you would read my short opinionated essay called Masquerade. i think you'd like it. This s going to my favs list!
Tanya chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
Hey,

I really liked this poem.. and i think this is such a universal topic because it involves everyones life in it. Great Job!
Iris Early chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
I have to say first of all that the idea of the mask everyone wears to hide their true selves is horribly, horribly overdone, and in my opinion nobody has done it well since Frances Dunbar. It's a cliche, very much a safe option when choosing to write a poem.

Another thing that jumped out at me was your rhyming - you use very safe, easy rhymes as well, mostly sticking to similar endings etc, and that doesn't quite give your work an air of sophistication so much as make it seem slightly amateur.

The content itself seems a little whiny, a little poor-little-me, which isn't a quality I personally find endearing at all. Particularly the use of 'then you'd see/the painfully hurt part of me' - that's used so much, that couplet in particular, give or take a few adjectives, and the adjectives you've chosen aren't exactly original. 'Painfully hurt' is a redundant phrase - to be hurt, by definition, is painful, so why say it twice?

I did like the line in the second stanza - 'with a smile that's naught but sweet', but overall this didn't impress me.
lovelaced chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
I loved this, it was fantastic. I was confused by some of the comas and why they were where you put them, but other then that, great job:)

~Sapphire
ebonydragon chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
Pretty! Pretty! The title reminds me of the Masquerade of the Phantom of the Opera. I LOVE IT! And I can really relate to it. I think everyone wears a mask until you convince them to take it off. Thanx alot for a beutiful poem!
kris345 chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
that was amazing, especially because it reminded me of phantom of the opera, which is also wonderful.
Cariwyn chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
I love this. I really like that you use this sweet, innocent little rhyming to express something deeper and darker. It's wonderful.
Yodc Noswad chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
Point takin'.This is a beautiful poem just like who wrote it. Keep up the good work
Leo Eigenmann chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
I like thecraftsmanship you have done to this poem. Another masterpiece written surreally! It just provokes the human imagination to think abou the different aspects of life. The title is amazing and I like all choices of words here. Nice job.
SwitchVale chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
Really beautiful. I don't know why I find it beautiful, but it is.
Aniket Nikumb chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
dis 1 is a classic piece i m luvin ur works kay! u r gr8
Rovandin chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
This one is really good. It has quite an interesting concept and flows very well.
shyaki chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
this is really good o.o (lol) its better than my poems anyways its good
Heatless Flame chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
Ola, Heatless Flame here! You R&Red my essay on action scenes, so I decided to see one of your things. As for the mentioned author in your review... it seems he has a problem with talent greater than his own.

Anyway, great poem. Its meaning reminded me of a song I heard, called "Stained Glass Masquerade." I like your use of words, very powerful. One of my favorite poems on this site, for sure. One line I particularly like is "The same lullaby, the same song."Excellent.

BTW, if you had time, could you review a story I'm writing, called "The Three Elements of Alique: Heroic Villain"? Thanks.(Great job)