Reviews for Unvarnished Hope
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
This poem has really good bones and I love lines 2-6 especially. On the advice side, I think the bolding is distracting, and I think the final line really takes some power out of the statement in the previous couple of lines. There is a lot of strength and certitude in this and I really like the message and the general language and tone. Also watch for places where you use the same words or phrases - sometimes it's good for effect, sometimes it just waters down the intensity of what you are trying to say. Write more, you have a wonderfully refreshing voice.
fragileHeart101 chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
I love how you put the bold words in :)Good stuffWrite on :)
Travis C. Eckert chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Simply put, amazing.
Shara G chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
Good job with this. If you can I'd love your opinion on my own poems too, so stop by when you want! Thanks, and I really liked this poem.
I-hate-every1 chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
I love this one very inspiring

ERICA
loveshouldnthurt chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
i really love poems about hope and this one really inspires 2 keep you going.
Somewhere In Between chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
I really really like this poem, I'm getting addicted to your writing. You really should think about maybe publishing a book...

/SIB/
Vas Da Gama chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
As always very good _

Loved the change in tone from depair to slivers of hope...Well the emotion you put into all your up the great work
autumn berrington chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
very emotional...this poem has a well balanced structure of writing...i love how you expressed sadness at first but then came hope. keep writing. you have a true talent that needs to grow! _xoxoautumn
fairEtales chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
Again, I love the idea. But I think that it sounds like a few sentences chopped up into lines of a poem. I think that if it didn't sound so much like sentences and had more imagery it would be a really nice poem. Nice job.
The Love Demi Goddess chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
Strong willed poem. I especially like the effect of the bolded words.

I do have some critique, however.

You say 'and look up into the night sky' and then in the... 14th line you say 'up into the night sky'

It kind of repeats itself unfavorably. Maybe if you wrote 'up into the heavens' or a different sort of wording? It would flow much better.

_ Thank you for your review, btw!

Write hard,write long,write unil dawn,FDW
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/10/2006
I like this.. very well written.. great imagery and the sad to joy is always nice in poems
Leo Eigenmann chapter 1 . 6/9/2006
I must say that you write artistic poems as if you were writing in a diary. They have flow, professionalism and affection to the reader. They indicate slices of life, which is identifiable with most of its readers. Hey, I'm Filipino too by the way, also mixed with Spanish and Indian ancestry but I'm deifinitely not as tall as you are,wow! I assume you got your height from you dad?Lol, keep it up by the way, I like your style of writing.
tonicole chapter 1 . 6/8/2006
wow that's amazing!

thanks a lot for all those reviews you sent me. it means a lot to me to get other people's opinion.

niNi
AntIsHere chapter 1 . 6/8/2006
Good poem Princess! Love it!
107 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »