Reviews for Covet
anon chapter 1 . 2/17
I remember when I first discovered Fictionpress and I think Covet was one of the first ten stories I read. I could never forget it completely, even though it's been years since I came back to it. This was the type of story that triggered all kinds of emotions and really scared me-it captivated me, even when I hated what was happening. I couldn't stop reading even when I wanted to, because I had to know what was going to happen. It's hard for me to be into a story as much as I was with Covet, because very few books have the power to pull you in when you don't want to be, when you don't agree with the storyline, when you can't empathize with some of the characters or understand their actions at all. Also, I'm SO happy you changed the ending from the biblical story. I couldn't have handled it if it followed that exact plot, and if you hadn't added the twists. I can't speak for the revised book on because I haven't read it and probably won't have access to it for quite a few years, but the original was amazing. I was never a huge fan of Damien, and I definitely liked Lucas-even later in the story, because the way you developed Lucas and Adrienne's love was beautiful, regardless of how it may have seemed short or incomplete. I think the fact that they had such strong feelings despite the short time they could spend with one another was what kept most of us going. Your original ending seemed fair, and man I really wish it was still available online :) One of my favorite emotionally-gripping scenes was when Lucas noticed Adrienne's necklace. It was such a raw moment with all this anger and emotion. I used to reread my favorite chapters so many times, and unfortunately it's been so long that I can't remember all the scenes that I liked but I don't think I'll ever completely forget this. Thanks so much for your amazing writing and I hope to [somehow] acquire the book..with my lack of money haha. I'm happy you got this story out there, even if it was by a non-traditional route!
SoDivine chapter 6 . 11/14/2012
Hi, I've been following this story from the very first time you posted the first chapter here in FP. I've watched it change, read the endings, and let me tell you.. I still love the plot. It was like a fresh breath of air in the midst of all the teen cliches going around here.. which is why I understand why you'd decide not to repost it here. Wise decision.. as a graphic designer I can understand the pain of having your art stolen without your knowledge.. I wouldn't wish for that to happen to you or anyone.

Anyways, thank you for sharing your story again.. I'll try to buy a copy when I actually have money again lol. But just wanted to let you know that there are still some of the fans who followed since the very beginning. Good luck to you and what other projects you might have. Look forward to seeing more of your writing.
Vampiyaa chapter 6 . 11/10/2012
this was adorable :)) so cute!
Arc67 chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
in my opinion, i think the story is unfinished. i was expecting something else entirely...
It's amazing, by the way, but there's something missing... for me that is...
anyway... kudos to your work!
dramalover21 chapter 6 . 9/9/2012
Been a fan of this story since before the first version of it was finished. Ordering my ebook copy right now :)
queenjade chapter 5 . 7/25/2012
Oh man, i'm choking up here! that was BEAUTIFUL! THE single most beautiful story i've read on fictionpress.
Jade :) x
tiltedHead chapter 2 . 5/30/2012
Aww, such a touching story
Maia England chapter 5 . 4/23/2012
I adore the first few chapters of this story. Have you managed to get it published yet? I'm eager to read more, because that summary and these chapters really drag me into the story. I don't want to stop after just five!

Maia x
DofD chapter 5 . 11/10/2011
So so beautiful.
DofD chapter 4 . 11/10/2011
Silly parents always expecting the worse.
DofD chapter 3 . 11/10/2011
Please let him come back.
DofD chapter 2 . 11/10/2011
It's such an amazing storyline.
DofD chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
I love it already.
akaCHEEKS chapter 5 . 9/17/2011
It is so hard to read this story without being biased. I remember reading the first version and it's completely different. For a minute there I forgot that her original name as Adrienne and her nickname was Addie and not Adee. Or maybe it is the same nickname?

I feel like the story has completely been decimated! What happened to the romance? The intense, fiery love story that these two created? I understand that you're on a word limit what with you cutting off the beginning where they were children playing pretend Queen and she fell down that hole where Lucas saved her and said that it might be the tunnel that the soldiers of the old times dug.

That was one of the cute parts and a good beginning to this story, nonetheless, it was possible to cut that scene off since you can just recount it through one of the characters saying that story instead of actually living the scene. Get me?

But another memorable scene was their wedding night and it's totally been cut off! Again, I understand that you are under a word count and maybe one of the publishers/agent that you were talking to suggest that you take some stuff out. But that part made this story unique from other stories like it (other historical romance ones)

It was very memorable. I don't know. I'm really trying to read this story from a new set of eyes but it's just really hard. There are times when I can't get the imagery that you're explaining simply because there are just not enough details and I just have to rely on the implications select characters give to try and connect the dots and figure out what's going on. (Ex. when Adee's mom slapped her after she came home w/ traces of Lucas' kisses on her neck and stuff)

That scene was really hard to picture simply because there just was not enough descriptive imagery to help my creativity think of the scene in my head. Yeah, I'm rambling.

I wasn't even expecting to remember this story but as I was reading it, memories were bombarding me and I was remembering what happened int his scene and oh that scene or hey she removed this description. And yeah, I'm a little disappointed. But i will try to read this story from a new perspective (as if I've never read it before and not judge it based on what I knew previously) but it will be hard and I will complain that I don't quite like it.

Can't wait till you give us another chapter of this story or when it finally hits the bookshelves. If the agents/publishers don't want to help you get this book on the market, then do it yourself. I will happily buy a copy!
Mary Chrys chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Oh man, is this going where I think it's going?

Because the David and Bathsheba story has always upset me, as impersonal as it is, and if that happens to Lucas and Adelais, I will actually cry. I like Damien a lot, but gah, save Lucas and Adelais!

Anyway, sorry, what I really meant to say was that I absolutely adore your writing based on what I've seen in this story, and I really, really hope that I get a chance to read the rest of it! I'll alert just in case you put up an author's note saying it's been published. (
713 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »