Reviews for Emily
horselopez chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
This is an amazing story even though it's tragic.
Marjulie chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
I don't typically read about student/teacher relationship because either the author doesn't develop the plot well or it pays more attention to the sexual aspect. This on the other hand - you understand their feelings, their dilemma - it's more dynamic.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
goddamn
Dill Wilson chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Well, that was about as depressing as it comes! I liked the mature voice of the narrator and how the story plots along in a reasoned pace and serious manner. But there was no 'pay off' for the reader in any way - the characters are sad and their fate almost predestined from the start and the end, of course, about as bleak as it can get.

I understand why Emily must die (to fulfill her own prophecy) but I probably would have ended it with him being arrested instead with his last line as they drag him away being delivered over his shoulder to Emily..."When you're in love, the risks don't matter."

Good job though. The story definitely has merit and talent.
Ameko Ikiru chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Holy shit, that was a POWERFUL story! I got sucked in right away at the beginning. If you were to write a full fledged book based on this story, I would make my parents pay to get a copy for me!
backtodecember chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Wow! This was so powerful, so different than any story of a teacher/student relationship I've ever read. It's simply brilliant, and brilliantly written. :) Nice job!
Cenowar chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
I.. wow.

I know this story is old. Like, four years old, or something stupid. But good writing never dies and -wow-. I... I am stunned. Speechless. I have no words, so it's a good thing I'm typing, because if I had to speak, I couldn't.

This was beautiful. Just... just beautiful. And so very real, and believable, even. It just felt so right and real and ... and the voice of your protagonist was good, too. The writing, the characters, the situations, the flow, the story-telling... it was all just perfect. And I don't say that lightly, I never call writing perfect, I always think there's something to be improved. But this I don't. God, I hope you're still writing, even if it's just for yourself.

Anyway, I'm going to shut up now, as I've embarrassed myself all over FP/ But well done. Really and utterly.

~Roxie H.
Dizzy2806 chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
That was amazing, really well written, I couldn't stop reading it. I think you handled the 'taboo subject' really well, making it more about them as a couple than the fact that they were student/teacher and it was wrong. The ending was so sad, but sort of happy, because they were together.
makingmewonder chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Brilliant.
fleece-rot chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
This a story that proves love knows no bounds, yet still ends in tragedy.
Mennis Aisling chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
That was... simply amazing.
Joan Reynolds Eldridge chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
This was... amazing.

I love your style, the...almost old feeling it has. I also love that the plotline is vaguely reminiscent of "Lolita."

This was beautifully written and heartwrenching. A wonderful work.

Cheers,

Joan
Melodia.Da.Noite chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
Wow...that was good.

The way you explain his emotions, his life and loneliness, he seems so real, even the story.

When the tabloid part appear I just remembered something a teacher said to me this weak, a girl in a school trip disappear and the news said that the teachers just stood there doing nothing when in fact they were looking everywhere for the girl and as soon as they find out, one of them went to the police to ask for help. My teacher knew one of the teachers involved and told us. You hardly know what to believe these days.

But anyway...I loved your story, it was so real and well written and is just so easy to feel some connections with our life and the emotions you express.

(sorry for the grammar, english in not my born language...XP)
Mlle Sara chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
i bloody hope you got an a* for that! normally dont leave reviews but i just had to this time - amazingly well written. the whole car scene reminded me of smith's there's a light that never goes out, cheesy i know, but still.
omateido chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
That was beautiful, I enjoyed it thoroughly. I liked the how the intensity of the character made me overlook the fact that he really should have just taken a step back and breathed deeply at some points. I just got swept up in his emotions, which is a good thing.