Reviews for Evolution
Abbey chapter 4 . 10/15/2013
Haha, so her last name is Turner! And wow, Ben was actually being decent towards the end.
Abbey chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
I just discovered this gem of a story and I'm so glad. I only read the first chapter and I'm enjoying your writing and how your characters interact with each other. Looking forward to seeing how the relationship between Page (not spelled with an 'I'?! Don't tell me her last name is Turner or Boy, haha) and Ben progresses :D
xosabrina chapter 21 . 10/5/2013
This is the best story I've read on this site so far. I love how these two characters that are so messed up can come together and help each other. I just want Ben to let her in & let her help him like he has helped her. & she needs to stop being so blind & see that he really cares about her. They just need to fall in love already! It's so frustrating lol. Hope for an update soon (:
Just a stranger chapter 21 . 10/1/2013
Oh, and another thing. Your story kind of reminded of an anime called Honey and Clover. Well, they're kind of polar opposites of each other but both of them are both so honest. There is no beating around the bush and surreal scenarios that really don't happen, ever. Honey and Clover is completely truthful and real. Unrequited love and that sometimes no, you don't get your Prince Charming in the end. And not to mention Takemoto's constant questions about what he's doing with his life. He keeps asking himself, "Who am I?" which kind of makes you realize that the future isn't set in stone and that it can just slap your face at any time of the day. I actually wanted you to watch this because I'm a sucker for anime. You could possibly call me an otaku ;) So maybe if you're bored or if it's just writer's block, you could probably search up the first episode online. There are actually two seasons but the second season packs the real punch. :D
Just a stranger chapter 21 . 10/1/2013
OHMYGOD. MR. JUAREZ, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? NO, MR. JUAREZ, NO! Finally! You've updated! Do you know how long I've been waiting? First of all, yaaaayyyy, Tristan. Big bro's finally got his girl. :) But poor, Page. I would be sad too if my brother was finally moving out of the house. No matter how much he annoys the hell out of me, I'll still love him like the shit he is. Secondly, Ben and Andrew, what the hell, guys? Seriously, you couldn't have talked it out. One thing I really want to know is, what in the world were they talking about. Well, Page obviously. But what was Andrew saying. SEE! THIS IS WHAT YOU DO TO ME. And that scene between Page and her dad and with his eyes crinkling at the edges, it absolutely melted my heart. I think Page is making progress. A lot of progress. Don't get me wrong, Ben is making some progress too. But at a slower pace. And it's mostly because he's got a lot of shit on his plate. But boy, would you just confess to Page already or seriously gonna have to be forced to get your head out of your ass for you. And we all know this, Ben's dad is an absolute asshole. It's sweet that Page is trying her best to help him. That's one of the highlights of this story. Even though both of them are seriously messed up, in a way, they're trying their absolute best to help each other. You don't get this kind of honesty in other stories. So that is why I give this chapter another one million thumbs ups. And no, I do not regret writing this super long review because you, my friend, deserve long reviews.
Bibliophilesunite chapter 21 . 9/29/2013
Excellent story, I can't really fault it. My only regret is the development of Page is a little slow. I just wish she'd stick up for herself against Ben, I love him as a character, but he's so mean to her :( actually I take that back. In a weird way his being mean to her is weirdly endearing because you can tell he doesn't want to be. I just want to shake him by the head and tell him to calm down, and I want Page to stop being so blind to the reality. How many obvious signs can he give her?

Actually I think maybe she deserves just a little of his cruelty; he's given her enough hints that he likes her. Jeez... this drama has exhausted me. I'm feeling violent towards Page and Ben, even though they are like the best main characters to any story I've ever read :) you're doing great, absolutely brilliant. I'm feeling so many emotions right now; anger, sadness and anxiety.

I'm telling you, this has to be one of the best, if not the best story I've ever read on fp. It's funny, cute and tear-jerking. I hope you've written other stories because you're a brilliant writer.

Sorry, my review is stupidly long, you probably won't read it all :)
leavesfallingup chapter 21 . 9/28/2013
Ahhh, high school, where every thought and emotion and hormone-induced spontaneous action hangs out in the wind for everyone else to witness and judge... I don't miss it at all. Is Mr. Juarez truly qualified to conduct these sessions, because he doesn't seem to be doing well.

At least the situation led Page to reconcile with her father, even if it does mean the end of the project. Now, if the two want to spend time together, they will need to be honest with themselves and each other.
palmsaresweaty chapter 21 . 9/28/2013
Maybe I'm emotional today but I was kind of tearing up when Page sees her dad. I think it's amazing the connections you made in this story. There are so many layers. Not one character seems your average teen (according to fiction press) Keep it up!
MissCarlie13 chapter 21 . 9/27/2013
This is absolutely amazing! I was so drawn in! Cant wait for more!
Kat chapter 21 . 9/27/2013
Psychogenic energy, huh? *goes to look it up* I love your chapters! This was totally an emotional chapter, but I can somehow just sort of feeeeeeel like explanations are close, so it makes things better :P And then you confirmed it! SO GLAD that next chapter will have explanations! Poor Ben though. Paige seems so much better though - like still depressed and working through issues, but hey, she's working through issues! That's huge progress from before! (Unlike Ben) And you ended on such a cliffhanger! You can't just stop the project and end the chapter! Things are happening! :( I shall wait with bated breath for the next chapter. I can only hold my breath so long though, so hurry! :) (lots and lots and lots of love, I miss you)
palmsaresweaty chapter 12 . 9/2/2013
So I was re-reading this and I realized the weather for the following morning seems too hot. Since it was cold when they went out at night, which sounds reasonable but even the day for swimming chapter seemed a cold day and Macy wears belly showing halters. Just thought I'd point this out. Still my favourite story :P
Just a stranger chapter 20 . 8/21/2013
Could you update? Please? I've just read the whole story again. And this time, chapter 20 actually made me cry. I don't know why. It just did. Page's diary entries are kinda crushing my heart into these tiny fragments that I can't piece back together anymore. And Ben is hurting me too. I love your story so much. And if it isn't any trouble to you, I would really like to know the ending of this story. It's like an... Assurance. I know that sounds weird, but the word just felt right. I wanna know about what happens to Page and Ben and Page's brother and Macy and even Page's mom.
Tanuki etc chapter 20 . 7/30/2013
One of the best teen stories I've read on fp. Coherent and interesting characters that evolve believably ; family problems and whatnot, but they aren't too heavily approached; no unrealistic shallow romantic bullshit, and it's a welcome change from the stupid romance stories that crowd this website. The only negative observation I have is that there are a few spelling errors -very few, so it's doesn't disturb one too much, and well, most of the texts on fp are littered with them, so...
Anyway, I can't wait to read the next chapter, keep it up !
Sheba chapter 20 . 7/28/2013
Slore I literally want to shank your face u skanky butters sket
Just a stranger chapter 20 . 7/8/2013
Goddamn it, Ben. You can't just do that to a girl. :( I loved the chapter. It was perfectly angsty and I felt that it looked into the fact that Page still doesn't really know how to act around people, namely Andrew. But the bit at the end,

"This project is stupid. I am exactly what we all thought from the very beginning: hopeless."

Absolutely crushed me. I felt that Page was feeling helpless and that she was all alone again. It made me really sad. :( And Ben. I think that Macy's right at some parts. Ben, in a way, is dysfunctional. But I think all kids are a bit dysfunctional and unlike Ben, not everyone has a Page of their own. It's so sweet that Page is still trying to get through to him. And jeez, Andrew, not everyone loves you, y'know. -_- Still, I feel kinda bad for him but I don't really know if his feelings for Page are the real deal. Andrew's confusing. That part where Page got frustrated at Andrew for trying to kiss her, I can't really explain how I felt about that. But like the rest of your chapter's, this one was really good. It looked into Page's feelings about Ben and Tristan's marriage and how she feels about physical contact from boys (Andrew's kiss). Like I said last time, you're a certified genius. :)
210 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »