Reviews for Evolution
Purple Diamond chapter 19 . 6/1/2013
Update ASAP pleases
I actually can't wait coz this stories dead interesting x
The-Darkest-Blue chapter 7 . 5/6/2013
its cool- but you should feel proud when you look at vies, not reviews.

Keep writing

Blue
PandaLover chapter 19 . 4/28/2013
I love this so much.
olivia d'trumpet chapter 19 . 4/27/2013
Page's mom is really shitty and I don't like her. but you know what I do like? The realness of the characters and their ability to step outside their set stereotypes. Except Page's mom, she's just a bitch.
Kat chapter 19 . 4/26/2013
I totally didn't get the Page Turner thing at all until you mentioned it in one of your other review responses! And now I feel kinda dumb :P But it's a great name! I can't believe I didn't catch it! x.x

Poor Ben. And Page. And what's with Andrew? Urgh. Ben wasn't very nice in this chapter, but I guess I can see where he's coming from if he thinks Page basically will never like him. I like the ending though - with Page growing and being nice :)

Love you lots! And you'll be a wonderful awesome therapist, and who knows, I'll probably be your first client!
RedDiamondCooky chapter 18 . 2/24/2013
When is chapter 19 coming out and are Ben n page gonna get together
Marie chapter 18 . 2/10/2013
Love it! Cant wait for more chapters;-)
Nalene chapter 18 . 2/10/2013
I'm reviewing agaaain! Yeah, and I'm reviewing on my iPhone. So sorry for any random cut-offs/weird autocorrections. But, I just want to say: Page why are you so dense?! I feel so bad for Ben. I mean, the bit about him trying to ask her to homecoming was so cute.
On another note, I was particularly envious of your "digest it or divest of it" quote. Literally, when I read it I was like, "Yup, gotta give her props for coming up with that."
And I giggled when Ben called her winsome and pulchritudinous. Then I practically gasped at the horror that she didn't immediately try to find out what the words meant. Cause I would've, cause I'm just a nerd like that, and if she'd just done the same she would've found out that Ben finds her so appealing and beautiful and why Page, why?
And, yeah. Ben needs to kiss her already. Andrew just needs to stop acting so gosh darn suspicious. And I get where her mom's coming from (my parents are the exact same way) but c'mon, passing up a shopping opportunity? With the possibility of a gigantic smoothie/shake?
My rant is done. Good day.
xoxluurve chapter 18 . 2/9/2013
Even though I do hate myself for procrastinating for 3 hours, I can at least say that I’m glad I spent that time getting to know your story.

Ok, I’m more of a character driven reviewer, so apologies if the critique isn’t as focused on your plot.

I glanced through your reviews and one in particular pointed out (I forget who) the relationship between Page and Ben. Initially I was hesitant to read through your story. I didn’t mind Page’s anxiety - heaven knows I know how _that_ feels - and I didn’t mind how much of a jerk Ben was, either. It was the way the interacted. Or, more specifically, how Ben treated Page. I thought he was playing around at first, maybe testing the waters with her, because I could not for the life of me figure out where this hostility was coming from. And I could not understand how Page continued to take this abuse. Anxiety was one thing, but accepting this assault was another. Self-preservation should have kicked in more times than Page had actually stood up for herself, but anyway (but seriously, he stole her wallet, and she was trying to blackmail him in that halfhearted way of hers, WHY IT WASN‘T EVEN YOUR FAULT PAGE I DON‘T UNDERSTAND). What kept me reading was your dry, witty, sardonic writing style. I haven’t read an fp story in a while, and reading your almost makes me want to search for more good reads to pass my time.

I thoroughly enjoy Page as a character. She’s very human. What she feels in a particular situation is relatable, and I’m glad you didn’t sugarcoat her jealousy or her hurt when the time called for it because I know that we all feel that. Usually I’d see characters unaffected (you know, to avoid the cliché of, god forbid, feeling jealous), but even her thought process was spot on with a teenager’s (“I hate her, why the hell is she so pretty, god what a bitch being all smart”). The family dynamics are unique as well. I’m just so frustrated with Page, though! Her mother is right; I understand that she doesn’t want to face reality where her father is concerned, but doesn’t she realize that time is against her? From the brief mentions of her father, all thoughts of him seem fond (before his sickness), so I do NOT UNDERSTAND HOW she can just go on, pushing something this significant, to the back of her mind while her father lies in the same house, waiting for his little girl to visit him. Omg. :C Seriously, thinking about it makes my heart hurt. She really does need to stop being so selfish. Hopefully she finds the courage to face this, because she can’t afford to beat around the bush.

Because of how the story started, I’m a bit iffy of Ben. I like him more towards the end, of course, since he’s much more human, but in the beginning it was a bit weird. Like where did all that anger come from. Wtf did Page ever do to you, it’s not her fault that you have an asshole of a guidance counsellor, you know? So for someone aspiring to go to Stanford for pre med, that’s real mature to take the anger out on an innocent person. But anyway, as a character, I think he has a long way to go in terms of development. He still has to face his family issues, and I don’t know if it’s because the story is through Page’s point of view, there’s nothing too markedly interesting about him that makes me look back and regard him as an actual person. Page came to life through the issues she’s going through, but Ben . . . I need a bit more time with him. He’s definitely worming his way into my affections though. I really liked that scene when he tried to ask her to homecoming, lol. So cute.

Page’s friends. Their relationships. LOL. Really, it’s unique in this website. You usually see bff’s who are always there, who don’t fight, who’re just really at the side lines. I’m glad that you were able to give Dee and Macy personalities, it makes reading the story much more fun.

Okay, that is basically all I can give at 1 in the morning. I look forward to your next chapter and more drama c:

xox
why-are-you-my-remedy chapter 18 . 2/9/2013
So basically I found this story yesterday. And today I've had like so many things to do my head has been swimming. But every chance I got, I would be rushing back to my computer just to read this. Your writing is like insanely perfect. What with all the dreams, and the beautiful understanding of the human mind. And the fact that everyone here seems real. Not in a sort of this girl is fake because she wears too much make up and this girl is real because she's fresh-faced and not a slut kind of way. But, to me, it feels like each and every character is something tangible, a person who actually exists and we're just lucky people who get to see the inner-workings of their brain and the details of their lives. And the way you describe things. I'm not drowning in details, but I'm not completely mystified about everything either. Not to mention you're hilarious. Page Turner. Just..round of applause for you. I cannot wait for the next chapter.
mylittleprincess chapter 18 . 2/9/2013
i want to read about kissing? update soon:)
Diamondz28x2 chapter 18 . 2/8/2013
*sigh* this story is like crack for me and this chapter was one of the best hits :p keep up the good work I'm ready for some more page and ben drama :))
Azziepop chapter 18 . 2/8/2013
Make them kiss already!
Kat chapter 18 . 2/8/2013
No no no. I love you more :P Anyway, OMG, Page. She is so utterly, completely clueless that I don't even know what to say! Poor Ben! (again) Aaaaaaargh. He asks her to the dance, she basically says no without realizing it, he brings someone else, she wants to rip their eyes out.. . But I love how you're showing more of their lives and sad issues - especially Ben and his last journal entry. Though Page's mom sucks.
palmsaresweaty chapter 18 . 2/8/2013
I'm sure you realized it but alot of Ben's journaling was something Page and Dee had felt before. I liked all their emo connections. He spoke of uselessness of human connection and she felt that way when she ditched out on school and his emo reflection of the meteor shower was so depressingly close to the how Dee felt after her breakup. if you go into social work or if you go into counselling I think you'll be fabulous
200 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »