Reviews for Breakfast Conversations
mizgardenia21 chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
I love it..."my thumb slips..." hahaha. This was pretty cute. A tad sweet and fluffy-but hey sometimes a little fluff is good for ya. I really liked it.
maiff chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
It's so cute!

I must say that the first person referring the husband as you is new to me. I've never encountered such in prose. Plus, the quote was really sweet.
half hippiehalf goth chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
AW! It was soo sweet! I loved it!

P.S. This is my first tim reiwing in months. Normally I just ignore the button. I hope this mkes you feel better
love chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
that was so nice and cute! i love it so muuch i love reading about married couple who still have the hot for each other! thanks
outsidersgirl chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
good one
squiggle-line chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
Cute. I like that the husband is referred to as "you" by the narrator. It gives the story a very personal tone. The writing flows smoothly too.

-The narrator's hostility towards her mother-in-law seems a bit too strong. It is understandable that they do not have the best relationship in the world but when the narrator says, "I hate that you were born to that bird of a woman to my left" and actually vocalizes her dislike, I was a bit surprised. It also seems strange that she is making this very private confession in front of her mother-in-law and that she is able to ignore her mother-in-law when she and her husband come to an...understanding.

-The narrator seems to gloss over her husband's infidelity rather quickly. The only impact it has had on their relationship does not seem to be negative either...or have I misunderstood that passage completele? Missing word: "I [hate?] that since then you've been like my shadow"

-Even though in the beginning it is obvious that she is annoyed with her husnand, her tirade still seems very abrupt. Maybe more introduction?

-The Gaelic is a nice touch but I have no idea what it means! Even though it is not crucial to the understanding and enjoyment of the story, I still sort of wish that you had provided translations.

The underlying tension and conflict seems to give the story a deeper depth than straight fluff and makes their kiss at the end seem more gratifying than if they had never been at odds. Nice.
reach4thesky chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
cute!
Black Feather Quill chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
Aw good write. This is something I would recommend.

KEEP IT UP!

BFQ
Mrdarcylover chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
Aw, this was cute. Keep writing!