Reviews for Wagner
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
This is beautiful. I just love the way you write. You use such simple, yet vivid pictures, and the language you choose is so perfect for what you're describing. I can't even think of the right words to say how you use language. It's wonderful. Keep writing! :)
Ashes.to.Acid chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
"He taught me the meaning of my name."

For some reason, that line really got nudged at my heart.

As for the poem itself, it was beautiful and highly original. Almost like a fairy tale.
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
I like this a lot. It's so very...poetic! I like the little stories you fill in, and even though you don't really address who he is, he could be anyone, your father, it feels like he is a great love, and I love how subtly you make it so the reader can imagine it. I love the last line, and, for some reason, I love your rambling about the cat.

To me: about two people getting to know each other, right before they fall in love. A short, but wonderful poem.
in theory chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
Tis I again!

You know how much I always obsess about classical music, especially composers. Not a huge fan of opera, but I remember the review-convo we had over "Nocturne" (deformed haikus I wrote ages ago hehe), and you mentioned that he did it for you. Something strange about it, eerie and weirdly beautiful/ghastly at the same time.

From all the poetry recently about your father, it kind of makes me wonder who this "he" is. (and the second stanza is so cute!) Ickle baby toothless juliet! hehehehe) It's all strange and nostalgic, all of the poems that you've put up here since around the time I stopped uploading 'cus of exams (and laziness) seem to be snapshots of your past, it's very personal. Feels like I'm intruding by seeing what you see, even though really I probably aint.

Curling sticky limbs..love the tangled metaphor, like you're comforting yourself with complication, sinking into detail to relieve yourself of memories. I think perhaps that's a shred of the reason all of these nostalgic, detailed poems are appearing.

Your name's always been a bit of a mystery to me, and not in a literal way. I assumed from your emails that you are actually called Juliet, yet you always use it either in the Shakespearian way or in some warped romantic twist, that last line throws a bit of weight into the piece. *shrugs* it's a little confusing to me, but I'm in the state of mind where a tanka probably would be deareh so don't take that personally.

truly,jack
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
I like this... its cute at times and insightful at others... beautifully written
S. K. Doyle chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
Is it wrong to call a poem 'nice'? Well, so sue me. I would tamper with the formatting though, before you publish your stuff. There's an option for it.
chaos called creation chapter 1 . 6/10/2006
It's almost as if in every stanza you give us another peek in a room

- in your life.
schwartzcaster chapter 1 . 6/9/2006
I love this. The memories may not be mine, but I have some that match.
AllyCred chapter 1 . 6/8/2006
I really like this, something so fresh and beautiful about it, it also as i was reading opened my eyes a lot, i think this is an amazing poem, made me think of my childhood as well, a time when innocence was the norm, very story like and i think thats the part i liked the most.

Lotsa Love AC

P.S. Thanks for reviewing my poem, i would really appreciate, if you have time that is, if you would review some of my other work, it would help me a lot! xx Thanks xx
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
story-like, you must be thinking about your past lately, seems to be a lot of antecodes about your childhood. memories are fun to work with. nice work!
A.H. Fenald chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
whoa...I liked it, but I did not get it very well. Which I'm mad. I think I get it, but I'm not sure. I think what was a little learning something about herself...no I change my mind. Can you help me?
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
Something about this seemed so simple, so innocent and important. Its a good poem, though, and was very personal (though to who, I don't really know). I don't have a lot to say about this, but I do like it, and I'll probably read it again.

Peace
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
This has such a poignancy of feeling. I like how this connects the individual in present day to the individual that once was, and how the mother image rushes into memory. You move effortlessly through flashbacks that add so much to the scene that is described in the weave so much detail and specific references through your work. Like tying together different color strings that meld all together in the end to form a final product. Excellent work.
Jezsh chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
ah, beautiful...
Talyth chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
This is beautiful and vivid. Great work.