Reviews for Pen is Mightier
CaFFy chapter 6 . 8/23/2006
SO! WHOS THE BOY! YEAH REALLY! WHO? ahahah...
Midnight Owl chapter 6 . 8/23/2006
Once again, I loved it. Congratulations on starting college- that must be exciting! It's good that your story hasn't stopped updating, though.. that's really awesome.

I loved this chapter. I liked the confrontation and that it had after-effects.. I'm sure we'll continue to read about those effects throughout the story. I'm looking forward to that. And I absolutely love Ilya. He's a captivating character; he just keeps a reader intrigued. I like how you slid in that part about Pen not thinking she was beautiful. That was really well-done. It showed what I think you were going for (the conception of beauty at her old school?) really well.

Excellent job! Hope you find time to update again soon!
urania fic chapter 5 . 8/16/2006
A story on FictionPress that's not only well-written with great characterisation but has social resonance? I'm shocked! I haven't visited FictionPress for so long (can't even remeber my password!) but came on here on a whim and am really pleased to stumble across this story. It's great to see a story that differs from the usual and I love the title-in fact the title is what grabbed my attention in the first place. Great work so far and update soon please.
Written chapter 5 . 8/16/2006
wow. this is so good, I actually signed on to review and add to my favorites. I haven't been signed on in ages, and I actually had to think about my password and stuff. huh. good work on this. I love it, and I hope you keep working on this!
sadfdsafsdfas chapter 5 . 8/15/2006
bubba i lurve ur story
Aero Faerie Extraordinaire chapter 5 . 8/11/2006
This sounds really good. I want to see how she manages. I'm basically a female version of Gavin. I'm black, my family is very well off, and I'm surrounded by rich white kids who either think they're better than me or that I want to be like them. ha!

Much love, and keep writing,

Aero
Midnight Owl chapter 5 . 8/9/2006
Oh MAN. I love this, really. I love how you're talking about the reality of racial and ethnic slurs and whatnot in the world and this country. It's fantastic. Pen's fantastic, and I'm really, truly in love with Gavin. I think that you've created immensely entertaining characters, but what captivates me about this story is the way you show something as contreversial as the Social Darwinism that we see EVERY DAY and write about it so mercilessly... and it still comes out clean. It comes out smoothly and your writing flows.. it doesn't read like an essay. It's fantastic. Keep it up.. I'll definitely be looking out for updates!
JT FAN chapter 5 . 8/7/2006
i luv this story! cant wait to read the next chap.
lostnfound007 chapter 5 . 8/6/2006
I just read through your story and I really like it so far. I think it seems realistic enough that I can picture a girl having to go through all of this. But I would like a bit more information about what exactly Pen did (or didn't do) to get expelled and maybe more detail to her physical apperance and other people's too. I didn't find any grammar errors, which is nice because I hate when people spell things wrong.
A Thought chapter 5 . 8/6/2006
Good, but make sure you make a distinction about where the accent comes from. I doubt that the girl was Spain, you probably meant for her to be Latina American, yes? It may not seem like a big deal, but it something I (as well as several other latinos I know) always correct people on. Pen probably would know that.

That's just me being nitpicky, though. Really, I'm finding your story way cool. Keep up the good work!
Realilly chapter 5 . 8/6/2006
woohoo! go pen! :)
rockrose chapter 5 . 8/6/2006
This is very interesting. I hope you continue it soon!
CaFFy chapter 5 . 8/6/2006
Oye-e! I want to know what happens next! o.o;; Don't mind the retarded sound effects.
Tessandra chapter 4 . 7/30/2006
I want her to go to school!

Which is a good thing, considering that's what the next chapter will be . . .
fd chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
this is pretty damn good - keep on writing ;)
71 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »