Reviews for Being Abigail Average
count me out chapter 4 . 4/8/2007
So first, let me just say that I love you. Okay, maybe that comes across as creepy so let me rephrase that- I love your story. LOVE it. I'm not even sure why, it's just, well, generally fantastic. It makes me smile. And it's well written and quirky. It's cute. But I have to ask, are you Australian? Because, though you mentioned it in the first chapter in the story, it didn't really click with me until the American accent comment (at which I nearly bust a gut..okay, overdramatic again but I did have to muffle a laugh) and then for the rest of the story I kept imagining their voices with Australian accents, which I've always thought were awsome. If you hadn't guessed yet, I'm American, like you care, I know, but I'm sure I'm just rather freaking you out now so..yeah. Needless to say I look foward to an update. But yeah, haha, good story.
Willoughby Spit chapter 4 . 3/20/2007
How sad. I really like Chris, too. Poor thing.
zo chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
whoa, the drama. well written, as always. dude, midge, and you say *my* work imitates life! film night? *cough* bundah *cough*

and wow, chris likes her eh? i thought she liekd him too...she doesn't? now what? will her love slowly blossom instead? and is tiger gay, or is he like pasha- using it to his advantage?

write more!

zo
wandless chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
I have to agree with you/your character about the Pretty in Pink dress. She RUINED IT! It was FINE and then she went and cut it all up and made it look HIDEOUS! Honestly!

Nice chapter. She will LEARN to love him, right? Or slowly fall in love with him? Because that would be so cute.

Please update soon!
Willoughby Spit chapter 2 . 2/22/2007
Oh my goodness. I am completely enjoying this story. Abi sounds like the kind of person I would have as a best friend. And Chris is cute. I love the sense of humor that permeates throughout. Anyway.
Aibari chapter 2 . 1/13/2007
My younger sister turns out to be a lot like Lucy. Almost a carbon copy, actually.
Aibari chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
[...inclined to hate her on principal...] Is it just me, or should that be 'principle'? And you spelled Grace as 'Grave' once. The Chris part is a tad rushed, yeah, but it's still good. And the rest? Moggies, I want more! It's nice to read about nerdy girls (even though they are almost frighteningly similar to yours truly) who have their daily lives taking an u-turn. :)
Jool chapter 3 . 9/19/2006
Love your story. The characters' personalities are becoming well developed, but I'm having trouble picturing their physical appearance. I would appreciate a little more on their descriptions. I enjoyed the story so far. Keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing Jool
icedfaerie chapter 3 . 9/19/2006
Aw, great story you have here...I like the plot and the characters. Can't wait until the next chapter...hehe...could Lucy be pregnant, by any chance?
skywriter-x chapter 3 . 9/19/2006
so her sister's pregnant, right? and chris totally does like her ;

anyway, good chapter, nice interaction stuff.

zo
Danica Blake chapter 2 . 8/7/2006
LOL, I love "conversation" and the utter awkwardness between Abi and her father. I can practically *hear* a teenager acting that out with utter derision. It really was a good start to the chapter :)

Interaction between Abi and Lucy is also awesome! I laughed so hard when Abi walked in and said "Hey, ho"...such a great line.

Hm...so is Tiger gay or bi? Or not attracted to Abi at all and just attracted to Chris? *pout* I wanna know! So update again soon :P

Poor poor Chris. The teenage male has to put up with so much crap from females. I really do pity them...But then he goes and rejects her! *le gasp*

Their little make up scene in the garage was really cute. I love the way you write conversations-they're really well done and quite believable!

The last couple lines about Chris killing an inanimate object was the perfect chapter ending.

Awesomeness!

Danica
Machete-soul-dance chapter 2 . 7/21/2006
c'mon...please update?
skywriter-x chapter 2 . 7/13/2006
ok, so, i liked the chapter in general, the bits where shes kind of discussing stuff with ehrself or whatever are really well written, and kind of amusing. and the pez dispenser bit was gold. your tenses and stuff are fine, the only thign i'd say to work on are the conversation bits, because sometimes they're a bit...abrupt? but mostly they were good, and i like this. and chris is kind of spunky, with the whole beating out his nager on the drums thing )

update you freak. ) this took forver.

luv zo
Neaera chapter 2 . 7/13/2006
I lovers it! Keep it up. I know you want CC but I don't have much to give you... I didn't catch anything so... your perfect so far in my book. Does Chris like her? Or is it, they're just plain friends...? Anyhoo, keep it up, I hope writting this gets easier because I'm really enjoying it :o)
Danica Blake chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Yes! It's about time someone writes a story about average people-the "loser" and the Mary Sues are far too overdone.

"a passion that burns with a greater intensity than the fire of a thousand suns" One of my favouritest phrases to use. Ever.

"It’s just that whenever there’s a new trend, people follow it, and everyone starts looking the same." This is SO true! I've never really noticed it before, but it's totally true-it's like there's a giant sea of American Eagle models o.0

I like Bethany...the whole sarcastic working on sincerity thing is one of my favourites to write.

I died laughing when you used "lush" to describe the new guy-I did that once and my best friend threw her notebook at me. Apparently describing your best friend's crush as "lush" is a bad thing?

"I hate to sound mean, but it seems like some rule that everyone (teenyboppers and nerds alike) has to fall for the popular boy." *nods* I hear that.

“My name’s Timothy, but you can call me Tiger. And I’m gay.” Hahahaha...so totally unexpected. I was waiting for her to eventually fall for Timothy :P

Chris: I like Chris. It could be because I know a baggy jeans wearing, drum in band playing, absolutely adorable Chris. *shrugs*

So...Abi and Chris? ;)

As for constructive crits-you're right, Chris was a little rushed, but I think it works well enough if we continue learning about him in the next chapter. You do "tell" as opposed to "show" throughout the chapter-but I'm actually partial to the style, so I like it.

Abi is awesome! *I* like essay writing...it's what I want to do for a living pretty much (a prof). I think I'm normal enough and *I* like essays...so there :P

I apologize for the uselessness of my attempted CC, you really do have an awesome start and I look forward to updates.

Oh, and once again, I like the style you used in this chapter, no need to change it into a more "show" as opposed to "tell".

Danica