Reviews for Rare Air
Kiwii chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
I like it. Simple, but beautiful. I wonder sometimes what the land would look like if the cities weren't there and the roads didn't criss-cross the land. What it looked like with just the grass on the prairie, mountains in the distance, and sometimes a copse of trees.
Gileonnen chapter 1 . 9/4/2001
You've once again created an impression that takes scattered bits and ties them together seamlessly, and with such POWER! Don't DO that anymore! You're an amazing writer, and the whole of this is beyond me. I'm going to just go along quietly and hope no one notices me after they've seen your work-I could never compare.
White Wolf1 chapter 1 . 7/19/2001
Beautiful. Native Americans really knew how to honor the land and everything in it. What a great place this would be if they had been allowed to keep it.
Margaret Rennie chapter 1 . 7/4/2001
You have a rare ability to treat a hot-button issue without preachiness, and it allows the reader to embrace the heart of the message. You do put such heart into your poetry, whatever the subject.
The Confuser chapter 1 . 3/21/2001
Hell, those government pook-wookies would rip out a fingernail and call it progress. They just don't understand what they're doing, they just don't see. It's like the people at my school. Three kids die and for a day, they see that maybe their problems aren't as big as they make them out to be, that there is something greater than that, and then poof, it's gone in milisecond, replaced by them blabbing about how one of the bodies was snapped in half, that a head popped off, or whatever else they made up to fantasize about. It's a ed up world Low, we just live in it.
Stone Feather chapter 1 . 3/1/2001
Very sad; it touched me. It was sad but good.