Reviews for The Gates of Tir na nOg
karan811 chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
Ephy chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
You wound me greatly by not updating Cry Sanctuary.. you would me reaal deep. Just give me some closure. v_v;
Yoichiro Sakamoto chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
Wow! I like this so far! I'm very, very suprised that you only have 2 reviews for this! o.o It's very good!
TheChesireBrat chapter 3 . 7/10/2006
*squees* ELWYN! Elwynelwynelwyn!
Rainfalling chapter 2 . 6/16/2006
An interesting start, or at least an interesting concept that I hope will develop into an interesting story. There are some flaws however; the spelling of Prologue is wrong, the 'Prolog' you use is in fact a programming language used to emulate human behaviour and decision making.

Also I am not a fan of information dumped onto you, it is just a personal thing but it might have worked a little better if it had a character explaining it or teaching the 'true history' or something along those lines.

Chapter one looks intriguing and the amount of research (Iron against faerie magic, the description of the hounds and Herne for example) is commendable. The one issue I have with this chapter is that if this gate is so important to the two worlds, why does Herne allow it to be closed so easily?

One or two grammar issues, 'searching for something. “aren’t you fearful' if a full stop is used then 'aren't' should be capitalised and for a break you can use a comma at the end of the description in the middle of speech. This pops up a few times in the chapter and you might want to have a look for it.

At the end of the paragraph starting with 'The young man smiled back broadly' there is a serious comma fetish going on and in places a conjunctive word might work better to continue the flow.

The sentence beginning 'Father Bennett looked up as well' has a mistake at the end of it, it should be 'seen' rather than 'see' and there should be a comma after 'darker' in the sentence after. The 'father' towards the end of that paragraph should be capitalised as well.

There are several other smaller grammatical and spelling mistakes also filter through this chapter that you might want to look for, words ending up in the wrong tense for example.

My apologies if this sounds like a very negative review, this features the beginning of a very interesting story that just needs some simple nitpicking or another read through before posting to make it that little bit smoother to read.

As to whether it is too epic, all authors need some sort of apocalypse style story every now and again.

I hope you continue this piece and I look forward to reading more.

Nightsgift.