Reviews for My Lie
Bonfire Of The Sanities chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
I love the flow of this...and the first stanza pretty much says it all...very nice work
autumn berrington chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
i like this poem, but it seems as if you were restricted b/c you used ryhming. it seems as if you could have shown more emotion...but its still very expressive. nice job...~autumn~
Louis Xavier chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
I like the rhyming, you should use it more. It's really the only way I write but mine is one rhyme per verse. I like how you rhyme each sentence, that's hard I think. I do like this one a lot. Most excellent! Thank you for your reviews!

thedarkthatiwas chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
More of the relate-ness-able-to. "I wear these masks/You just had to ask/To see my real face" I like it... it's very good, especially considering its rhyming... very difficult to make actual good rhyming poems that don't sound forced, cheesy, or plain stupid.

I HATE not being able to say anything more intelligent about people's poetry etc. But, that's just me, through and through.

Take it as given: I LIKE THIS POEM. *nodnod* loves it.

leon Hart87 chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
This is very good i like the poem because you used lots of emotion i kow wat it is like to lie
burning in effigy chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
ohh... very nicely written

simple rhyming, but it works very wonderfully and makes the poem so smooth
the duck in the rain chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
"To be the person who,/ You thought (you) knew"

i kind of looked over what looks to be an error the first time i read it and placed in the you.

i have respect for anyone who can carry on a rhyming poem. the ending stuck out to me the most - the second to stanze really. the shift is wonderful. Going from a mysterious person and then expressing the character as lonely. the question of why didn't you ask brings out heartbreaking disappointment - that you thought he was different but he was just like everyone else. And that you still tried to change yourself makes it all the more heavy. Be the person you thought (you) knew. hmm.

i liked it. (giggle)-lily.