Reviews for The unequivocal avantgarde way of living
SunFlower737 chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
I thought "gorilla war fair" was very clever and basically the whole poem. I really also liked toward the end the whole bit about being cannibals feeding off of medicrosy. That really hit me. This was very well crafted, snaps!
Rob Roy '03 chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
A marvel. Beautifully, superbly crafted, image-laden yet not nearly weighed down. Crystalline brilliance. You are a superb poet.
account not in use chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
wow. i'm breathless.
SomewhereShortOfAnIdiot chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Very interesting poem. I've read it a few times over, and I love the shifting imagery. Intreguing.
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
The power in your words here is undeniable.

Fantastic work.

If you're not published push hard and make sure you are.

F.C
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
I like this... the last stanza is especially awesome
in theory chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
Social support networks and fancy schmoozy lifestyles! Wuhay, what a champaigne fuelled thrill-ride. Sometimes I wonder why I am who I am, what made me, why I'm here etc. And it never gets any further than...who cares, let's look where I'm heading. (neglecting the past seems to be a habit, a bad one?)

Your summary was very good, the title seems slightly frilly but I think the summary plays on that in an attractive way. The whole piece has a tone of examination, through gold-enamelled lenses, all fancy and posh. There's a pull of starvation; people pulling at each other's images, taking the best bits and adding them to the tapestry of themselves, or seeing bits they don't like and cutting them out of themself. I'm wandering off topic again, but really, it feels hungry (creepy to think that words have such a physical stimulus sometimes..)

And the last stanza is a beautiful summary in itself, saying look at me I'm this much *imagines you spreading your arms wide* and you have a wink behind your eyes that suggests you're so much more. I think we all are.

truly,jack

PS. sorry for the delayed rr, I'm still being a little too disorganised to type any poems up (but I got lots on standby so who knows. hope you're good!)
dystynctlidotti chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
I absolutely adore this poem. There is so much in it that I totally identify with but if I started quoting I probably couldn't stop. Awesome work!
MidnightStar005 chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
I love the formatting and the poem itself..

SMILES

breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
sad. i love the way you formatted the word blur. great diction and imagery. nice work!
S. K. Doyle chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
Very nice. Sorry I haven't commented before, and you've been so faithful!

I get the feeling, in this poem, of being in a Parisian cafe in the 1920's. It tastes intoxicatingly like the most beautiful bohemian consciousness.
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
It occured to me today that you poetry is like a woman. Complicated! Yet the words are right in front of me, so what is there to be confused about? Maybe its the way you speak truth so openly that at first I think it must be a trick. Sometimes I feel out of place when I read your poetry, like I'm watching you play the piano and it looks so simple, the music so beautiful, but I know when I try the same thing, it sounds wrong. I just don't have that kind of talent, I suppose. I've always felt out of my league when reading something truly outstanding, yet I enjoy it. I love the way this just plain spoke, like I could hear words when I read it.

'and though I spend each morning overseeing the sunrise I always keep a special place in my mind for all that was misconstrued'

That stood out for me. In fact, a lot of this poem did. Maybe I'll read this again later without this headache, and it'll be more clear. But my whole life I've been the artist that couldn't draw, the guitarist who can't play guitar. Why shouldn't I be the poet who can't understand poetry?

Peace, Daze

P.S. I understand this review is more about myself than the actual poem. Forgive me, I do like the poem. I like it too much.
Kes Gatheren chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Great poem. I love the divides, the flow, everything. Fantastic.
schwartzcaster chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
"it has been whispered that your body

is boycotting my body "

That is brilliant! You just seem to slip from the ethereal (inside the breeze) to the gutteral and physical (scratchy indented battlezone) on a dime. It really give the impression of confusion. What to feel? Passion or indifference? Really great.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
The last stanza really speaks volumes. "I am worthy-to be who-I was born to be". To end on such a statement is marvelous after the rush of social philosophy that preceeded it. I need to find some new praise for you. I think that i've already said all the wonderful works before, but wonderful work. A great read.