Reviews for Call Number
BreathingFlames chapter 3 . 6/26/2006
Eek! Gah! This is just TOO PERFECT! I love your characters and your plot and your thoughts, feelings, and descriptions. What you have so far is wonderfully well-written and I simply cannot wait for more!

Thank you so much for updating! You've made my day!
meme chapter 3 . 6/26/2006
Yay! I love this story...its just so cute! Can't wait for the update!
bail chapter 3 . 6/26/2006
I really like this story. Alexander seems a bit weird, but cute, soon?
Green Eyes chapter 2 . 6/24/2006
Lovely! This is a wonderfully relaxing read- nice flowing style you've got going here!
Tin Whistle chapter 2 . 6/22/2006
Cute. This is looking good so far. I hope you update soon!
yabureta tsubasa chapter 2 . 6/19/2006
Bwahahaha. Just as good a 2nd time. ...Or 3rd. ...Or nth. ; I am going to review now. Despite the excruciating pain in my ear.

My God, I want Luke's grandma. I've got one in my head that does the job FOR me, but...an external impetus to procrastinate? Now THERE's something you can't refuse. :P

Yes, no fast food restaurants. The nearest McDonald's is a long drive away. But the REAL question is...is there a shabu shabu joint? ;) (OMG. "Scoping out this joint?" There is so much wrong with you. ...Now back to the story.)

“Still looking for out-of-date books on literature?” he commented dryly as I slid down on the floor to collect my books.I...don't know why, but this line just strikes me as hilarious. Almost like "You looking for #4.5 contrabass clarinet reeds?" Just funny, somehow.

He. But Luke thinks he's cute. _ That moment WORKS. Remember Brokeback Mountain and how RANDOM and SUDDEN everything was? What I love about this story is how smoothly and naturally you introduce everything. It occurs in a way that follows Luke's train of thought naturally and easily (without getting "As I Lay Dying" on you - a challenge you've overcome quite well).

And yet, you never once go into a "Yeah, I'm gay" talking no to one in partucilar bit. (Dear LORD, thank you.) This is more stream-of-consciousness than first-person narrative, a technique I'll have to remember for my own personal writing in the future. It makes it much easier to swallow.

An "audible noise?" Sorry to nitpick, but if it's a noise, it's quite obviously audible. ...Unless you're in space... _

Gah, so cute. And Luke's so oblivious. *Sigh*

The next day, he wasn’t 's so much you say there without saying it. I LOVE it. I can hear Luke's tone of voice, too, when he says that. That's one of the most effective lines in the whole story, in my opinion. Kudos. _

And ah, Luke's denial of his attraction to Alex is adorable. _

So much for being a good math student—I couldn’t even . 15-9...Okay, now I'm MSTing and not reviewing. ; Gomen.

“I couldn’t sleep last night… I was online until 4 in the morning,” he admitted with a slightly embarrassed grin.-_- Still commenting and not really reviewing, but STILL.

He actually stopped reshelving for comedic value of that line is PRECIOUS. It characterizes Alex and Luke at the same time... And then it's just hilarious. _

"Or else just throw them in the recycling bin.”“Oh,” I replied, bothered by that for reasons I couldn’t quite ... o_o I'd hate it. Books!

And because Alexander was , another of those beautiful lines that manage to say so much with so little. It's beautiful and ADORABLE. _

Strange, but I was actually starting to like him. Maybe he wasn’t so . STARTING? HAHAHAHAHA. So oblivious, poor guy... :P

I love this story. I am now off to beta/be a whore to the new stuff you just wrote (as I listen to "Into the Woods"). See you tomorrow (or later today) hopefully? OH! Did you and your mommy want to come over for a while tomorrow to watch it with us? Let me know... I know it's the first day of classes for her, so... Let me know. At least YOU can. _ *mwah* BAI!
Hannah chapter 2 . 6/18/2006
Oh man, I forgot to review when I read the first chapter, sorry about that. This is so cute! And I really like all of the minute details, they make it more real. Update soon pleasepleaseplease :D
BreathingFlames chapter 2 . 6/15/2006
O... *highly intrigued* I am hooked. You've snagged me fair and square...update soon? Please? I have no idea where you're going with this and I really want to find out. Please?
aabceh chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
I really love the way Luke thinks. The way that he describes how he feels about librarians makes him feel real and awkward and sort of adorable.

He ...sort of reminds me of myself when I'm writing livejournal entries in my head...:-p
Tin Whistle chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
Hihi... I like it. It's original in the way that it talks about how things actually work in a library. Cool, I hope you continue soon.
Green Eyes chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
I like your style of writing so far. It flows really well and its funny enough to make reading pleasant as well as realistic! :)I look forward to the update...
yabureta tsubasa chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
"I’m posting this under pressure, and I don't feel like I’ve combed through it properly yet"Oh, hush. I've been waiting for you to post this. :P *mwah* Your writing's impeccable anyway.

I love the way you make the writing style match the thought. The way Luke goes into an almost stream-of-consciousness-like thought when describing his fear of librarians effectively brings his anxiety to the reader. When he says, "It was a nice library, I decided," it really gets the rather comedic point across that he's very nervous and trying to find something to make himself comfortable despite the librarians.

Something I'm glad I have the chance to point out now is something that strongly impressed me when I first read this. Your smooth transitions into and out of Luke's backstory are positively silken in both their smoothness and their simplistic beauty. It doesn't FEEL like a transition at all, which makes the backstory feel more integrated into the story. This is something that few authors here on FictionPress accomplish to any notable extent, and I applaud your success.

"The last date stamped was July 8th, 1983. I stared for a moment, then wordlessly turned it back over. No comment, I thought to myself, annoyed for reasons I couldn’t quite place."*dies laughing* It's funnier because I know where all these things came from. And the way you describe Luke's reaction is positively priceless.

"Don’t be stupid; they were probably just checked out, I told myself, but I was already busy estimating the probability that this was true and finding that it was a low, low number."I loved that line the first time through, and I love it now. What I love about you and Comodin and Just Silver is that the three of you throw in so much random humor when you write that on top of it being positively adorable, it's also hilarious.

Now, that wouldn't have gotten a 9, but did you ever imagine someone could write a Maruna-worthy critique of your slash? ;) I enjoyed your chapter. Only sentence that seemed a bit awkward was this one:And for escaping from the house that seemed to be getting smaller for every day I woke up with my cousins jumping on my bed and singing Disney rework that one a bit? Other than that, thank you for posting this amazing bit of slash. As I always say, so little slash is actually well-written nowadays that people like you give me hope for the future. _ (-infinity, 3)
KG Jonta chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Whoa, I could picture this scene perfectly.

Good describing words, wonderful piece.
133 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9