Reviews for Sunset
atalantea chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
I am loving you. I like this. :D You make it look so easy. :D
til-iburnout aka Amanda Helton chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
"and then you left me lieing in a pool of yellow thread,

(you made it look like sunshine)"

Those lines and this whole poem is amazing. I miss all the amazing poems when I disappear off the face of the earth for a couple months.

Hope that you find your inspiration soon!

keep writing,til-iburnout

p.s. thank you for your wonderful reviews. I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you.
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
I love this. You have an amazing way with words, and your descriptions were very unique. Keep writing!
Xerophyte chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
This makes a lot of sense! I love sunset poems, and I love when the do more than just describe the scene. This is beautiful. I really want to know the story behind it now. I love your poetry style.

One nitpick: I think, but am not sure because I'm a terrible speller, that you misspelled "lieing". I do like the sort of double entendre it creates though.

-Xero
Aslan Israel chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Your colors bring it to life
crinkled aster ribbon chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
I love it. That's all I can really say about it. I love the various images of yellow and red.

I think it's about... How opposites attract, and unrequited love. I may be wrong. But I think the narrator has fallen in love with someone who likes to play with her but doesn't love her back, even if the narrator thinks they are perfect for each other. You know, where the qualities she lacks can be found in the other to make up for the empty space, and vice versa.

But that's only me.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
This does make sense in its' abstract-concrete imagery mix and construction. The development of color, and how it relates to the progression and conclusion works well, as you've played the abstract color connection off of the concrete color reality. As a general side note, your works are becoming so marvelously detailed and complex, a great thing. You really make the reader think, and interpret the works so much more in depth. Marvelously well written.
classic violet chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
It reminds me of two people who've been together for(ever) a long time. And then something happens, I'm not sure what, but something and it's like a tragedy. I love the title, though. Very pretty poem.
Aquafied chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
interesting

pools of yellow threadmakes me smile
gold against the soul chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
I don't know about the 'real' meaning, but this certainly meant something to me. I like the way you italic some words, especially as you seem to italic the right bits, enhancing rather than distracting from the message of the poem. The imagery is also stunning, vibrant and [obviously] colourful. This is a gorgeous write, well done.

- gold against the soul
cornered.sensations chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
This poem does make sense, i thought it had something to do with a boy/girl relationship and how he/she thought that they were right together but that's when he/she did something to ruin their bond and connection. Anyway, I really loved this, gorgeous imagery and those first lines were great. Keep writing!
Dragonzz chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
I can see what you're getting at (I think). I really like the way it flows! And the last four lines are a marvelous way to wrap it up. Thanks for the review, and GREAT JOB

~dragonzz~
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
Wow, I really like this! I read it twice and am still not sure what I'd say it was about, but I like it just the same! I had all these really cool images going around in my head when I read it...two people on the beach at sunset as the sun goes from yellow to red...and then just a lot of sand...and I can't describe it anymore because my description already sounds stupid. I loved this though. Your style of writing is so interesting to read. Please do email me or something because I'd love to know the real meaning behind this poem! :)
sunday night sky chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
the opening lines 'I wish I could have seen through your torn, jagged, dusty sunset dress,

as you danced around me,' were just beautiful. i love it :)
elvenstorm chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
Yeah think it makes sense and even if not its so beautiful especially the images of the yellow and the red. Especially like the 'you made it look like sunshine'line. Just all of it works so well and fits perfectly. Keep it up x