Reviews for The Terror
Brahntee chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
Hi Eric, it's Jen! Haha... I found you... I thought it was twindAth as opposed to twindEAth. Yup me stupid sometimes. Bronte says we all know that don't we? Well I am using her computer (she says account but whatever). I, well, we just read The Terror. I think that the way you took on this character was really good. It seemed as if you completely obliterated who you are just to write this. Is this one of your late night works?
gundamguru chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
Pretty good, but a bit short. I would replace the word slaughterer with the word murderer though.
Kristina Suko chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Reminds me of The Scarlet Pimpernel (A&E movie version is excellent, the book proves interesting so far.) It'd be interesting to expand, make it a story of how the servant lives through the army, how he sees Robespierre's actions, all that. I like it.

D Maranwe Telrunya
Arisu Morin chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
first off, thanx for the review. now then, to your story, your micro-mini story *grins* i like this, short, sweet, and to the point, but very eloquently worded. i especially like the last paragraph. great job, keep writing!

~arisu
NeonNights chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
Ah, yes, the French Revolution. Or as I call, the precursor to reality tv. well done, my good sir.

...it's Nick, by the way. come visit, if you'd be so kind.
Thorn's-girl chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Euro. [shudders] Well written and accurate. With a short like this its hard to get emotion across, but i think the servant is a little cold hearted. He reacts realistically, don't change that, but maybe make him feel a little guilty.

Excellent.
Triskit chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
It's good and well tohught out but I would suggest tweaking the first paragraph, it looks as if you just took the revolution in school, and wanna show off how much you know. But you can fix that.
mad about books chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
I like your story. Despite its short length it is also very descriptive. Of couse, at the end of this piece, the servant feels a bit cruel to me, but maybe that was what you wanted.
talesofold chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
You've done a good job of researching this time period! Some may scorn the "short short" stories like this one but it annoys me to death when people take one incident and drag it out over 3,0 words when it could be handled much better in 300. Short and powerful, shows a flash of the time period and political situation. The only thing that I can see may need improvement is it's a little bit "wordy" which can hinder the "punch" of short short stories, however it's not major and it may be the style you're striving for. Overall, well done!Tales of Old