Reviews for Monet
shinku-kitsune chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
Very original... So far all of your poetry that I've read has a very strong ending, and this is no exception. Great work.
aprettywar chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
i really like the imagery in this. lovely work :)
the wilderness remains chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
beautiful imagery and very effective use of repetition... just gorgeous.

keep writing!

the wilderness remains
ashes and rose petals chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
I was pulled in by the line: "We took a cliche, and turned it around". It's a very interesting part of the poem, and adds an extra dose of originality, and gives the poem that distinct feel of 'breaking free'... though not in the usual sense of the phrase. Very well written.
aurora llyria chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
Okay, so I'm finally reviewing this, and once again I must say I LOVE it! One thing I like about it is its length, both of lines and of the whole poem, which sounds really weird but it's true. For some odd reason I just like looking at the shape of the poem on the page. Wheeyeyee I'm weird. Also, of course, I really like the actual content and all. Very very cool and pretty and distinctive. I like the repitition too. And I looked up the painting on Google and it was so prettyful! "Inspiring," indeed. An especially lovely piece, this one. :-)

Oh right. Lines. Okay. So:

"We sat under a blue sky/Letting the sun wash" ...yes, I know it sounds awkward cutting it off here, but this is the part I like. The worries and fears part is less something. I mean, of course it's a necessary line because that would make no sense to cut it off where I did and I still liked it but these two lines that I quoted here, I especially liked those. Somehow I like the phrase "sun wash" even though maybe it's not as technically accurate as the other phrase "sun burn."

Also, of course, I have to quote these lines:

"We took a cliché/And turned it around" It's interestingly repetitive, if you know what I mean. Yeah. I likes it muchly. Even though I don't really know what it means. It sounds cool.

And also this: "Laughing and crying in each other’s arms." Just because it's so sweet. :-)

And this:

"How easily we lost ourselves/Underneath that blue-blue sky." *sigh* Me too...I LIKE blue-blue skies, yes precious. ) Indeed. Such a beautiful line...

And finally, this whole poem reminded me quite a bit of my poem(s) (1, but in French and English) about flying because, if you remember, it includes a lot of looking at the sky and repeating lines, especially about the blue sky, and had...unhappy stuff. Yeah. Well, when I say this I'm really thinking of the French version because, to be honest, I think I'm sort of vague about the English version, kind of forgot exactly what I wrote for that. I know, it's the same thing really, only it - isn't. It's still always the French in my mind, so if you remember the English and don't think it's much like this poem, then just keep in mind it's different from the French. Even though it basically means the same stuff mostly, it feels different.

Wow, okay, I'm done rambling about French now. (HEE! Yay.) ANYWAY, this is a wonderful poem in my opinion. I really like it muchly indeedy. :-)
burning in effigy chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
i thought it was going to be those sad but happy-sappy poems... but the ending was slightly ... unahppy-ish. spooky.

"Monet would have been proud." yes, he would have been.
lordelfy chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
wow..the picture painted in my mind was breathtaking. Deatils were very vivid. I liked this piece! great job!
Tad chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
I don't know what to say. But this is going to be the only possible review, so I guess I'll have to find something. This was... .I'm not sure how to describe it, but it reached into my heart and sort of pulled my soul out, exposed it to the beauty of the poetry. Thank you for all your beautiful work Mei. You inspire me to no end.