Reviews for Not quite a happy ever after
Bri Neves chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Loved it. I love the way you format your poems as well, with all the bolding, spacing, and italizing. Very effective.
Lellida chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
I really like this one; not sure why you hate it. I like the sarcasm in every line: you do well with the biting poetic anger.
Peppa chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
Very harsh but I LOVE it. It's like a wake-up-call
ode to a firefly chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
Hehe...I'm special. P Lovely poem, m'dear.

Christine
Krys chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
I also have to give a shout out to sonata in c major. Your helpful review has made all of my poetry look prettier. It isn't necessarily any better as far as being well written, but it looks nicer. lol.

Ah, the formatting...lol. I could go on and on, but everyone else already has. Why would you want me to go on about the same thing as everyone else? Ah, becuase it makes you feel better about your writing (as you should because it is very good!). Great job again.

The last two lines were especially strong and really stood out. They actually made me smile (cause I'm kinda sick and twisted like that {but dont' tell anyone. It's a secret})

I don't know why you hate it, but know that I am not just blindly giving you good reviews. This really is pretty good stuff. Just hate it with some fibers...not every fiber. ;)

My favorite lines were:

"Fortunately for you, she’s no n."

&

"She’s a stain you can t."

Like I said before I like the way the spaced out words drag. Great job again!

Krys
Ali chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
Hi Gillian! This is going to be a universal review, for the sole reason that I am way too lazy to review every single one. I mean come on. How grueling. I am simply one blonde girl in a society of conforming assholes. What more do you want me to do?

Anyway.

Your poems are amazing. Angsty and amazing. Deep and dramatic. Wonderful pieces of writing, honestly. You have to make something of this, my Gilly Bean. And then after you publish all your works in a collective autobiography, we will go off to Hollywood and write the most amazing screenplay ever. Yeah man.

Gillian is my hero. )

-Ali
a lonely september chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
this is not bad, stfu. i really like the last two lines. this is well written... and i like how you began this, too. nice. not bad.
Apoc Genesis chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
Don't be too hard on yuor writings, i happen to, in my non-biased bestest friend opinion, think that your poems are neat. They remind me alot of the Howl poems of the 50's non-conformist movement...just raw EMOTION that hits you in the face and keeps on hitting you until its through. This poem once again reminded me of the rigors and injustices of suburban society, but you put it in a way that makes it entertainng. WRITE MORE DAMMIT! _