Reviews for Polyp
Nemonus chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
Wow-love the last two lines. How after all this philosophy we find the answer in comic books! We DO!

Your imagery-mechanical and then "polyps", so some sort of primitive life-mixes into a creepy description of people in the zombie-state that life looks like. Good job. I think that the second section is a little long on the angst (but otherwise you have sacrificed no talent to it, I think) but the imagery is good.
The Melissa Occult chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
very nicely executed. you use some fancy words and lofty ideals but never for a second does it sound clumsy. It is a very nice piece of angst poetry without being the typical angst at all. I get bored reading all those

"I hate life, I cut myself, end this strife, I hate the keebler elf." type poems, rhyming for the sake of rhyming and over used boring blah. sometimes I want to delete some of the people on fictionpress.

but this was good, I liked the coral and poylps. never heard it put that way.

have a nice night

watch out

there are things in the night

but what they are to you

is up to you

EiB
Aquafied chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
this is one of those pieces that makes me want to hug someone

that last stanza was my favorite
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
The first two lines are particularly strong. There is a lot of emotion in this, a lot of sadness. Keep up the good work.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
This is so delicately crafted. Very specific, yet open for interpretation. This glides well down the page with the hesitations. Well written, as always. MD.
ronshaberry chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
How sad... and wise... I love it. Write more.