Reviews for The Champagne Gang
mird199 chapter 23 . 7/11
I read this story a couple of years ago and enjoyed it so much, I thought I'd revisit it.

The quality of the writing again took me by surprise - certainly far better than some published books I've read. I didn't necessarily like Summer mainly because of her mopeyness, but reading from her POV I really got to know her. It was nice to watch her grow a backbone towards the end. I found Zach to be equal parts horrible and fascinating, with this intense, inexplicable magnetism. Zach and Summer's flaws compliment each other beautifully, and I think that's what makes them such a great couple.

I love how you portrayed the Thornton students as crazy, but then had Summer acknowledge this and joke about it with Jazz. Summer's cynicism undercuts the overused trope of extreme high school drama, cliques etc.

I completely agree with your ending for Roxanne and Nathan, it was fitting. You created some very unique characters (namely Michael, Eve and Zach) and tied up all the loose plot strings perfectly in the end. The way the plot progressed was steady, and your writing was very deliberate - everything happened for a reason. Also I thought your last chapter was subversive and excellently written.

I think you're very talented, and I'm sad to see that it appears you're not active on FP anymore. For what it's worth, this is still the best story I've read on FP!

Thanks so much for sharing this :)
xasonous chapter 22 . 5/13
best story I've read so far in here! 3
Ayine chapter 23 . 4/20
I just want to say that I really loved this story!
It was cute and real and funny and heartbreaking.

And I love Rascall Flatts! So I just want to applaud Nathan's choice of music there ;)
leah chapter 1 . 2/7
this is my fav story jsuk
while-it-rains chapter 22 . 2/6
Still my favourite story on fictionpress. Actually, when it comes to romance, it's one of my favourite stories overall. It is absolutely lovely. Just wanted to let you know.
Tori chapter 22 . 2/4
You make me regret not applying to NYU to be honest.
But seriously, this story is so good. All of your characters are so painfully real and multifaceted. I'm not so secretly glad that Roxanne turned out alright in the end. I like the messiness of it too, the unanswered questions with Nathan. This story's just this odd juxtaposition of fantastical elements - casual private jet flying across the world for a party - and real, ugly humanity.
I love it.
Even if on second read, Summer and Zach remind me of Cathy and Heathcliff.
MusicGurl8129 chapter 5 . 1/19
I'm totally shipping Zach, folks. He's always around for the best parts...
MusicGurl8129 chapter 3 . 1/19
I'm really digging Zach & Summer together. So far atleast.
ClippedNinja chapter 22 . 12/10/2014
Such a beautiful story! I really like that Roxanne and Summer are friends now such a weird feeling but it shows how mature both these girls actually are! I just don't understand what is wrong with Shaya? A bit creepy with her sudden change in personality like she's so obsessed and over protective of her brother instead of that sweet and loving one? Guess hate changes people? It's quite a shock how deep Nathan changed from being this player to a softy like Chris, wow! He completely lost himself now, it's understandable that he changed but he took a whole 180 switch! He lost is willpower and determination now o_o I feel so bad for him! Wish I was his conscious so I can kick him awake and tell him to man up! I really enjoy the development around all these characters though! Especially between Summer and Zach, it was realistic and it was cute to watch them change I especially love all the siblings! Damn their awesome! I also love how you ended it without that whole perfect thing, cause not everyone can fix a relationship and as sad and painful as it is we have to all let go! It was really painful lot read The part where Summer had to just walk away from Curtis and Raph knowing she can't fix their relationship any time soon. So much happened in this story that I'm surprised by how you've handled it all so well :D I really love how you ended it though! I really love where it stands and carries on in our hearts right into the future xD I'm rather shock about how Summers friendship with Jazz was so empty and ended so abruptly, she was weird though and creepy... But so much for that first friend lol! Anywho I hope you continue writing, I really enjoy how you develop characters
D chapter 22 . 10/15/2014
This has got to be one of the best stories i have ever read! The whole story was jus plain beautiful and the ending was just amazing, so simple yet so powerful and emotional at the same time. I truely loved how this story was beautifully written and i have never felt so emotional/moved in my entire life by a book. The characters were developed excellently and i loved each and everyone of them (but the all time fav has to be Zach :D). Please do continue writing stories and i will definetly read them :)
A very happy randomn reader
flanerie chapter 22 . 8/9/2014
That was honestly the most beautiful ending. Some of the issues made me uncomfortable (NOT that they weren't well written, and realistic considering the circumstances), they just weren't... morally sound? I dunno, some things were uncomfortable to read, but nevertheless, extremely well executed, gorgeous writing, wonderful (mostly) characters. And 99% of the time, I shy away from triangles, however, this one wasn't painful to read at all. Besides, oh my god, that final chapter - SO MANY FEELINGS. Honestly, IN LOVE with their love.
fivesevenfive chapter 23 . 6/18/2014
Every inch of this story was beautiful. Definitely worth the read.
Phantom of the Jazz chapter 7 . 6/4/2014
I hate you! You made me cry, I understood the situation but when you put it all together and you have the swell of emotion, I can't help it. Your a good writer and you should think of getting this published, I love it so much, thanks for writing

PoJ
Flava2012 chapter 22 . 4/19/2014
I loved this story as a whole, my only complaint is the treatment of Nathan towards the end. It would've been nice if he and Summer managed to at least part as friends
MileyRowling chapter 23 . 3/27/2014