Reviews for The Champagne Gang
sunny chapter 22 . 7/9
Re-read this after soo many years. Completely forgot how good it was. So pleased to re-read it :) I needed to read some good fiction on this website.
xoxo12 chapter 23 . 4/2
Just finished reading this at 2:30AM. So happy to have stumbled upon this story. There are still a few errors here and there but none too glaring to stop me from reading. I am just so happy that Summer ended up with Zach as they really do complement each other (and who doesn't love an asshole turning into a softie because of a girl) ugh. Fluff overload but whatevs. I enjoyed reading this story. Now, off to read that one shot about the champagne gang.

I am hoping to still read from you soon though. :(

Xoxo, P
ChryStella023 chapter 1 . 2/7
God, I know I'm a little late but then I had to write this review or else I'll never find peace my whole life! :-D
Firstly, above all else, I want a 'Zachary Gellar' of my own. Hahaha kiddin'. :-D
I just want to express my feelings about your story. I sooo love it, really. The plot's amazing and sooo not predictable like the others. I love how the ending turned out. Thanks for making such a great teen story. I love it and I love youuu 3

Love,
Chrys .V
Lucykins chapter 22 . 12/27/2015
Bah. You left me speechless. You had finished this story almost six years ago, so this review won't matter and you probably wouldn't get to read it. So... just for my peace of mind, I need you to know how much I appreciate your skill. You're an incredibly talented writer. You made me like each and every one of your characters. (Even Rachael and Curtis). And your main! I loved her each and every step of the way and supported her completely. She's a genuinely good person. Strong, clever and inspirational. This is basically the most important part for me when reading a story, connecting with the main character. Having these characters that you created make smart and realistic decisions. Having mature reactions and interactions. Even their dialogues. It just shows how intelligent you are both as writer and a person. I wonder where you are today, I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for providing me with an exceptional read. (Even though I do feel like Nathan deserved a better ending, or even just a closure with his friends and Summer. I guess this is the affect your characters have on me, making me care and feel for them so much). I cried and laughed and held my breath countless times.

Umm.. that's it. :)
somersaultkick chapter 22 . 11/4/2015
This is so beautiful. I love that line when Zack said that she's trying to make everyone happy except him. I freaking love your story though Summer's character is totally ughh but I don't care everyone has flaws. This story is awesomr, lots of sexual tension. Though I knoe that Nathe really loves Summer... there are things that you have to let go.. you lose some, you win some.
somersaultkick chapter 12 . 11/4/2015
See? She may like Nathan but heart beats for Zack djdjcvn Zack and Summer all the way! Zammer!
somersaultkick chapter 8 . 11/4/2015
Team Zack team Zack team Zack Zack Zack
Zack and Summer Zack and Summer Zammer Zammer
Red chapter 22 . 10/31/2015
Hi! First of all, congratulations on finishing this! I know I'm like 5 years late or whatever but whatever, yeah? (Looks like Zach rubbed off on me lol).

I have to say though, I had mixed feelings with this story. Don't get me wrong, I liked the plot and the whole idea and the way you write (albeit there were several typos here and there but who doesn't make mistakes, right?) but I don't know I felt kind of lost in the middle chapters? Like around chapters 14 onwards, I guess. I really really loved how it all started off, you really got me hooked! And I got these fuzzy, tingly feelings whenever I read about the interactions between Nathan and Summer and Zach and Summer, but I don't know, I felt that it became sort of dragging in the middle and like I couldn't really understand where the story was going anymore. Or maybe there's just something wrong with me lol I'm not exactly the best critic, anyways.

However, I'm happy that Summer ended up woth Zach. I got this intuition already from the very start that they'd end up together in the completion of the story because Nathan just seemed to perfect to be true, but I felt so, so sad for Nathan in the end. Some part of me still wishes that he ended up with Summer, I don't know why, but GAH I honestly don't know where I'm going with this, and the fact that I can't even say anything about this proves that you did really well!

Also, ZACH AND SUMMER! OMG I love their banter and their arguments and the last chapter OH MY GOD THE LAST CHAPTER WHEN HE SAID I LOVE YOU TO HER (FINALLY) I HAD TEARS IN MY EYES ugh I'm such a sucker for these things :-( I'm so happy they sorted out their feelings in the end because those two are too proud for their own good. Ugh the last chapter was too sweet for my life let me just keep reliving the scenes forever *sigh*

On to your oneshots! Cheers! xx

PS: it's 3:32 am here and I have a 7 am call time tomorrow but it's ok ily
Ray-Anne chapter 23 . 10/4/2015
Okay, now I don't want to offend you because I'm not really going to actually say anything offensive. I absolutely did not care for the subject matter. I started it thinking it was something else and realized it was a teenage angst love triangle that really only served to remind me I am happy to be out of school.

So why did I bother reading it and leaving this review you are wondering? Well to be honest because I couldn't just leave it alone. You're an extremely talented writer, I became invested in the characters despite my best efforts and although I skimmed it overall I really really needed to finish it to see how it ended. I imagine this suited other readers immensely. Because your talent is obvious, more amazing is I finished it, can appreciate your talent, while not even like the subject matter.

I hope you get from this what I'm trying to say - yes I didn't like your book, but I want you to know that you're very talented and it drew me in despite it.

All to an end
mird199 chapter 23 . 7/11/2015
I read this story a couple of years ago and enjoyed it so much, I thought I'd revisit it.

The quality of the writing again took me by surprise - certainly far better than some published books I've read. I didn't necessarily like Summer mainly because of her mopeyness, but reading from her POV I really got to know her. It was nice to watch her grow a backbone towards the end. I found Zach to be equal parts horrible and fascinating, with this intense, inexplicable magnetism. Zach and Summer's flaws compliment each other beautifully, and I think that's what makes them such a great couple.

I love how you portrayed the Thornton students as crazy, but then had Summer acknowledge this and joke about it with Jazz. Summer's cynicism undercuts the overused trope of extreme high school drama, cliques etc.

I completely agree with your ending for Roxanne and Nathan, it was fitting. You created some very unique characters (namely Michael, Eve and Zach) and tied up all the loose plot strings perfectly in the end. The way the plot progressed was steady, and your writing was very deliberate - everything happened for a reason. Also I thought your last chapter was subversive and excellently written.

I think you're very talented, and I'm sad to see that it appears you're not active on FP anymore. For what it's worth, this is still the best story I've read on FP!

Thanks so much for sharing this :)
xasonous chapter 22 . 5/13/2015
best story I've read so far in here! 3
Ayine chapter 23 . 4/20/2015
I just want to say that I really loved this story!
It was cute and real and funny and heartbreaking.

And I love Rascall Flatts! So I just want to applaud Nathan's choice of music there ;)
leah chapter 1 . 2/7/2015
this is my fav story jsuk
while-it-rains chapter 22 . 2/6/2015
Still my favourite story on fictionpress. Actually, when it comes to romance, it's one of my favourite stories overall. It is absolutely lovely. Just wanted to let you know.
Tori chapter 22 . 2/4/2015
You make me regret not applying to NYU to be honest.
But seriously, this story is so good. All of your characters are so painfully real and multifaceted. I'm not so secretly glad that Roxanne turned out alright in the end. I like the messiness of it too, the unanswered questions with Nathan. This story's just this odd juxtaposition of fantastical elements - casual private jet flying across the world for a party - and real, ugly humanity.
I love it.
Even if on second read, Summer and Zach remind me of Cathy and Heathcliff.
4,067 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »