Reviews for The Champagne Gang
somersaultkick chapter 22 . 11/4
This is so beautiful. I love that line when Zack said that she's trying to make everyone happy except him. I freaking love your story though Summer's character is totally ughh but I don't care everyone has flaws. This story is awesomr, lots of sexual tension. Though I knoe that Nathe really loves Summer... there are things that you have to let go.. you lose some, you win some.
somersaultkick chapter 12 . 11/4
See? She may like Nathan but heart beats for Zack djdjcvn Zack and Summer all the way! Zammer!
somersaultkick chapter 8 . 11/4
Team Zack team Zack team Zack Zack Zack
Zack and Summer Zack and Summer Zammer Zammer
Red chapter 22 . 10/31
Hi! First of all, congratulations on finishing this! I know I'm like 5 years late or whatever but whatever, yeah? (Looks like Zach rubbed off on me lol).

I have to say though, I had mixed feelings with this story. Don't get me wrong, I liked the plot and the whole idea and the way you write (albeit there were several typos here and there but who doesn't make mistakes, right?) but I don't know I felt kind of lost in the middle chapters? Like around chapters 14 onwards, I guess. I really really loved how it all started off, you really got me hooked! And I got these fuzzy, tingly feelings whenever I read about the interactions between Nathan and Summer and Zach and Summer, but I don't know, I felt that it became sort of dragging in the middle and like I couldn't really understand where the story was going anymore. Or maybe there's just something wrong with me lol I'm not exactly the best critic, anyways.

However, I'm happy that Summer ended up woth Zach. I got this intuition already from the very start that they'd end up together in the completion of the story because Nathan just seemed to perfect to be true, but I felt so, so sad for Nathan in the end. Some part of me still wishes that he ended up with Summer, I don't know why, but GAH I honestly don't know where I'm going with this, and the fact that I can't even say anything about this proves that you did really well!

Also, ZACH AND SUMMER! OMG I love their banter and their arguments and the last chapter OH MY GOD THE LAST CHAPTER WHEN HE SAID I LOVE YOU TO HER (FINALLY) I HAD TEARS IN MY EYES ugh I'm such a sucker for these things :-( I'm so happy they sorted out their feelings in the end because those two are too proud for their own good. Ugh the last chapter was too sweet for my life let me just keep reliving the scenes forever *sigh*

On to your oneshots! Cheers! xx

PS: it's 3:32 am here and I have a 7 am call time tomorrow but it's ok ily
Ray-Anne chapter 23 . 10/4
Okay, now I don't want to offend you because I'm not really going to actually say anything offensive. I absolutely did not care for the subject matter. I started it thinking it was something else and realized it was a teenage angst love triangle that really only served to remind me I am happy to be out of school.

So why did I bother reading it and leaving this review you are wondering? Well to be honest because I couldn't just leave it alone. You're an extremely talented writer, I became invested in the characters despite my best efforts and although I skimmed it overall I really really needed to finish it to see how it ended. I imagine this suited other readers immensely. Because your talent is obvious, more amazing is I finished it, can appreciate your talent, while not even like the subject matter.

I hope you get from this what I'm trying to say - yes I didn't like your book, but I want you to know that you're very talented and it drew me in despite it.

All to an end
mird199 chapter 23 . 7/11
I read this story a couple of years ago and enjoyed it so much, I thought I'd revisit it.

The quality of the writing again took me by surprise - certainly far better than some published books I've read. I didn't necessarily like Summer mainly because of her mopeyness, but reading from her POV I really got to know her. It was nice to watch her grow a backbone towards the end. I found Zach to be equal parts horrible and fascinating, with this intense, inexplicable magnetism. Zach and Summer's flaws compliment each other beautifully, and I think that's what makes them such a great couple.

I love how you portrayed the Thornton students as crazy, but then had Summer acknowledge this and joke about it with Jazz. Summer's cynicism undercuts the overused trope of extreme high school drama, cliques etc.

I completely agree with your ending for Roxanne and Nathan, it was fitting. You created some very unique characters (namely Michael, Eve and Zach) and tied up all the loose plot strings perfectly in the end. The way the plot progressed was steady, and your writing was very deliberate - everything happened for a reason. Also I thought your last chapter was subversive and excellently written.

I think you're very talented, and I'm sad to see that it appears you're not active on FP anymore. For what it's worth, this is still the best story I've read on FP!

Thanks so much for sharing this :)
xasonous chapter 22 . 5/13
best story I've read so far in here! 3
Ayine chapter 23 . 4/20
I just want to say that I really loved this story!
It was cute and real and funny and heartbreaking.

And I love Rascall Flatts! So I just want to applaud Nathan's choice of music there ;)
leah chapter 1 . 2/7
this is my fav story jsuk
while-it-rains chapter 22 . 2/6
Still my favourite story on fictionpress. Actually, when it comes to romance, it's one of my favourite stories overall. It is absolutely lovely. Just wanted to let you know.
Tori chapter 22 . 2/4
You make me regret not applying to NYU to be honest.
But seriously, this story is so good. All of your characters are so painfully real and multifaceted. I'm not so secretly glad that Roxanne turned out alright in the end. I like the messiness of it too, the unanswered questions with Nathan. This story's just this odd juxtaposition of fantastical elements - casual private jet flying across the world for a party - and real, ugly humanity.
I love it.
Even if on second read, Summer and Zach remind me of Cathy and Heathcliff.
MusicGurl8129 chapter 5 . 1/19
I'm totally shipping Zach, folks. He's always around for the best parts...
MusicGurl8129 chapter 3 . 1/19
I'm really digging Zach & Summer together. So far atleast.
ClippedNinja chapter 22 . 12/10/2014
Such a beautiful story! I really like that Roxanne and Summer are friends now such a weird feeling but it shows how mature both these girls actually are! I just don't understand what is wrong with Shaya? A bit creepy with her sudden change in personality like she's so obsessed and over protective of her brother instead of that sweet and loving one? Guess hate changes people? It's quite a shock how deep Nathan changed from being this player to a softy like Chris, wow! He completely lost himself now, it's understandable that he changed but he took a whole 180 switch! He lost is willpower and determination now o_o I feel so bad for him! Wish I was his conscious so I can kick him awake and tell him to man up! I really enjoy the development around all these characters though! Especially between Summer and Zach, it was realistic and it was cute to watch them change I especially love all the siblings! Damn their awesome! I also love how you ended it without that whole perfect thing, cause not everyone can fix a relationship and as sad and painful as it is we have to all let go! It was really painful lot read The part where Summer had to just walk away from Curtis and Raph knowing she can't fix their relationship any time soon. So much happened in this story that I'm surprised by how you've handled it all so well :D I really love how you ended it though! I really love where it stands and carries on in our hearts right into the future xD I'm rather shock about how Summers friendship with Jazz was so empty and ended so abruptly, she was weird though and creepy... But so much for that first friend lol! Anywho I hope you continue writing, I really enjoy how you develop characters
D chapter 22 . 10/15/2014
This has got to be one of the best stories i have ever read! The whole story was jus plain beautiful and the ending was just amazing, so simple yet so powerful and emotional at the same time. I truely loved how this story was beautifully written and i have never felt so emotional/moved in my entire life by a book. The characters were developed excellently and i loved each and everyone of them (but the all time fav has to be Zach :D). Please do continue writing stories and i will definetly read them :)
A very happy randomn reader
4,063 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »