Reviews for The Champagne Gang
Guest chapter 22 . 5/29
This is my favorite FP story and just one of my favorite stories of all time, period. I've read it maybe seven times now. I want it published. I want to own it and see it on my shelf and treasure it and lend it to other people and bring it to book club and go to the midnight movie premiere and complain about how the actors were just wrong all wrong and I want you to be a famous author and continue writing stories like this and bringing characters and moments to life in ways that stick with you long after you've finished the story. I read this for the first time years ago and I just keep coming back to it! It's magical. It's magnetic. It draws me in every time even though I know all the twists and turns like the back of my hand by now. Seriously, I think you're so talented. I read in your bio that you're not writing anymore and that just makes me so unbearably sad. Seems like you're done with FP, so you're probably not reading this, but if you are just know that you've got a huge fan out there in me and I think you have a genuine gift for storytelling.
guest chapter 1 . 5/23
Hi there, this story is currently being sold on Amazon by someone named Kitty Parker. Title there is Champagne Kisses.
Brick chapter 23 . 3/31
Man u bring other romance novels to shame.
Seriously guys read this. Best on fp so far
Guest chapter 1 . 3/4
The writing is awesome; the plot line is interesting. But I can't stand Summer. She is filthy rich, and she judges these other people for being filthy rich. She is always complaining and snarky. This is her personality, but I would not want to be her friend in real life. She's mad at Nathan about Roxanne implying that she had substandard shoes. If they all come from the same place, and they are all kind of bratty, what do these people even have to judge each other about? Ugh.
Emoddess chapter 22 . 1/15
Wow I'm glad I finally took the time to read this story! You did a really great job with it and I love how the characters and plots takes the readers on a roller coaster of emotions. I felt a bit nostalgic about some of them, The Champagne Gang and how Nathan is estrange with the rest of them. I like how Roxanne's accepting Summer and all. Zach needs to get off his high horse sometimes but I still love him with Summer. Can't wait to read the rest of one-shots about the other characters~ 3
mik chapter 22 . 9/28/2016
I just wanted to let you know that I turn to this story whenever I'm sad and things are bad. I first read this in 2012 and, man, it's been four years but I still think that it's such a spectacularly told story.

Stray observations with this reread:
1) I already said so in a previous review but I adore how much things didn't wrap up neatly. Zach didn't get to go to Yale, Summer didn't patch things up with Nathan, etc. It's very realistic and for me, it made the ending all the more satisfying.
2) Did I ever mention how much I love the NYC chapters? Not just for the Zach-Summer interactions but also for CeeCee. You know, this story really has been formative for me, has made me learn how to deal with things and how people express themselves differently, that people don't always act the way we want but that it's okay.
3) I also love the number of times that Summer thought about bringing up their first meeting but retracted because of how immature it is. I don't know if Zach actually forgot her but the fact is that it doesn't even really matter. Your handling of this told so much of their characters and uuuugh I'm completely crazy about this detail.

I truly wish I could read more from you. This story has affected me in so many ways and will always stay with me.
Nicole chapter 22 . 8/9/2016
Such a wonderfully written story! I would've paid good money to read something this thought out, you're such an amazing writer! I know you wrote this years ago but I think it would be a fresh challenge to see this story from Zachs point of view. Maybe a good idea for the future if you never do feel like making a book out of these characters & selling it!

Thanks for sharing your talent with the world!
sunny chapter 22 . 7/9/2016
Re-read this after soo many years. Completely forgot how good it was. So pleased to re-read it :) I needed to read some good fiction on this website.
xoxo12 chapter 23 . 4/2/2016
Just finished reading this at 2:30AM. So happy to have stumbled upon this story. There are still a few errors here and there but none too glaring to stop me from reading. I am just so happy that Summer ended up with Zach as they really do complement each other (and who doesn't love an asshole turning into a softie because of a girl) ugh. Fluff overload but whatevs. I enjoyed reading this story. Now, off to read that one shot about the champagne gang.

I am hoping to still read from you soon though. :(

Xoxo, P
ChryStella023 chapter 1 . 2/7/2016
God, I know I'm a little late but then I had to write this review or else I'll never find peace my whole life! :-D
Firstly, above all else, I want a 'Zachary Gellar' of my own. Hahaha kiddin'. :-D
I just want to express my feelings about your story. I sooo love it, really. The plot's amazing and sooo not predictable like the others. I love how the ending turned out. Thanks for making such a great teen story. I love it and I love youuu 3

Love,
Chrys .V
Lucykins chapter 22 . 12/27/2015
Bah. You left me speechless. You had finished this story almost six years ago, so this review won't matter and you probably wouldn't get to read it. So... just for my peace of mind, I need you to know how much I appreciate your skill. You're an incredibly talented writer. You made me like each and every one of your characters. (Even Rachael and Curtis). And your main! I loved her each and every step of the way and supported her completely. She's a genuinely good person. Strong, clever and inspirational. This is basically the most important part for me when reading a story, connecting with the main character. Having these characters that you created make smart and realistic decisions. Having mature reactions and interactions. Even their dialogues. It just shows how intelligent you are both as writer and a person. I wonder where you are today, I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for providing me with an exceptional read. (Even though I do feel like Nathan deserved a better ending, or even just a closure with his friends and Summer. I guess this is the affect your characters have on me, making me care and feel for them so much). I cried and laughed and held my breath countless times.

Umm.. that's it. :)
somersaultkick chapter 22 . 11/4/2015
This is so beautiful. I love that line when Zack said that she's trying to make everyone happy except him. I freaking love your story though Summer's character is totally ughh but I don't care everyone has flaws. This story is awesomr, lots of sexual tension. Though I knoe that Nathe really loves Summer... there are things that you have to let go.. you lose some, you win some.
somersaultkick chapter 12 . 11/4/2015
See? She may like Nathan but heart beats for Zack djdjcvn Zack and Summer all the way! Zammer!
somersaultkick chapter 8 . 11/4/2015
Team Zack team Zack team Zack Zack Zack
Zack and Summer Zack and Summer Zammer Zammer
Red chapter 22 . 10/31/2015
Hi! First of all, congratulations on finishing this! I know I'm like 5 years late or whatever but whatever, yeah? (Looks like Zach rubbed off on me lol).

I have to say though, I had mixed feelings with this story. Don't get me wrong, I liked the plot and the whole idea and the way you write (albeit there were several typos here and there but who doesn't make mistakes, right?) but I don't know I felt kind of lost in the middle chapters? Like around chapters 14 onwards, I guess. I really really loved how it all started off, you really got me hooked! And I got these fuzzy, tingly feelings whenever I read about the interactions between Nathan and Summer and Zach and Summer, but I don't know, I felt that it became sort of dragging in the middle and like I couldn't really understand where the story was going anymore. Or maybe there's just something wrong with me lol I'm not exactly the best critic, anyways.

However, I'm happy that Summer ended up woth Zach. I got this intuition already from the very start that they'd end up together in the completion of the story because Nathan just seemed to perfect to be true, but I felt so, so sad for Nathan in the end. Some part of me still wishes that he ended up with Summer, I don't know why, but GAH I honestly don't know where I'm going with this, and the fact that I can't even say anything about this proves that you did really well!

Also, ZACH AND SUMMER! OMG I love their banter and their arguments and the last chapter OH MY GOD THE LAST CHAPTER WHEN HE SAID I LOVE YOU TO HER (FINALLY) I HAD TEARS IN MY EYES ugh I'm such a sucker for these things :-( I'm so happy they sorted out their feelings in the end because those two are too proud for their own good. Ugh the last chapter was too sweet for my life let me just keep reliving the scenes forever *sigh*

On to your oneshots! Cheers! xx

PS: it's 3:32 am here and I have a 7 am call time tomorrow but it's ok ily