Reviews for The Champagne Gang
AJMcGough chapter 23 . 7/7/2012
great story, I was a little late in the game...but it was good. And I haven't read the one shot yet, but I'm going to now (:
-Abby xoxo
TheSnoopy chapter 23 . 7/6/2012
This story is phenomenal. For the longest time I wouldn't read this story for some odd reason. Now I just can't believe I didn't read it any sooner. It took me about a day to read this story and it was worth it! I love the ending, I felt they'd grown a lot in the end. Well done story:)
yoursillygirl chapter 23 . 7/3/2012
Oops... The message got cut off.. Lol.

(oh so long ago) I didn't really think much of it; now that I reread it, I wish you wrote more on Nick and Tasha! And I loved seeing Zach and Summer again; I missed them a lot since the end of the Champagne Gang. Please keep writing! You're great!
N-K-W chapter 4 . 7/2/2012
Fabulous. I fucking hate Curtis though.
Atramento chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Love it...
castiel89 chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Hey there!

It's Amy from A Drop of Romeo :). Passing by to let you know that The Champagne Gang as been added to the new ADoR since it's move from webs to blogspot. And with the move, you get an updated review rewrite! So, here you go:

I can sum up my feelings about The Champagne Gang in six simple words: STOP. GO READ NOW. DO IT!

However, this story deserves so much more than just that simple declaration. I cannot tell you how much I love it. It's everything in one: heartbreaking, frustrating, captivating, drama, romance... I could go on and on. We follow Summer Ward as she's trying to not only trying to find a place at Thornton – a private school that is home to the most beautiful and wealthy of Linbury's inhabitants – but also as she tries to keep her already torn apart family from completely destructing. Things aren't easy when she manages to get on the Queen Bee of Thornton's bad side before classes even begin. And when one of the It boys, the ever charming and devastatingly handsome Nathan, starts taking an interest to her, the torture from Queen Roxanne increases. Then comes in mysterious, quiet, brooding Zach Gellar, and the flip flopping of going from favoring him to Nathan and vice versa begins.

Nathan wants nothing more than for Summer to open up to him, be his friend, and ultimately his girlfriend. He wants to prove to her that he isn't the typical panty chasing, womanizing, rich boy he was when they first met. She brings out the knight in shining armor in him. As the story goes on, he's seemingly perfect and the polar opposite to Zach. Zach and Summer feud constantly, but it's because of that a friendship forms. It's a no bullshit type of relationship. He tells her when she's being a pain in the ass scholarship girl, and she tells him when he's being an arrogant asshole.

There are some typos and missing words here and there throughout the chapters, and the last few chapters may feel a bit rushed, but overall, it is truly an amazing story. Although twenty three chapters isn't long, beware, for it's over two hundred thousand words. It's worth it though, because punkturnedwriter manages to create this wealthy environment one can only imagine, yet still manages to keep Summer down to earth as she discovers who she is, that everything is not in her control, and she isn't the one to solve everyone's problems. If you're like me, you'll be pulled to both sides of the Nathan-Summer-Zach love triangle: one minute wanting Nathan, the boyfriend fairytale princes aspire to be and the next wanting Zach and his passionate, raw, and challenging persona. Even if he is an Champagne Gang is a Fictionpress classic, and after reading, you'll see why she deserves the almost four thousand reviews.

Now seriously, if you're still reading this, take the advice I gave in the beginning. I can guarantee you'll be as enamored with it as much as I am and will go back and read it again and again and again.

Xoxo,

Amy
innoc3nc3cuti3 chapter 22 . 6/23/2012
I came across your story and finished reading in a day. I got to say it was a great reading. There weren't any dull moments in this story. At first I was on Nathan's team, but Zac's character warmed up on me, so I changed side.
surrendertomusic chapter 22 . 6/11/2012
I seriously just pulled an allnighter trying to finish reading this story. THAT'S how addicting it was for me. It's just like Mean Girls! (well you know... Minus the whole ending and a lot of other stuff..) i adored this story and its' plot. I loved every minute of it :) well done!
carleyshake chapter 23 . 6/5/2012
SUMMER AND ZACH ARE THE BEST COUPLE EVER, My fav to be honest. I love their relationship, I get pissed of with Summer sometimes but I guess he was okay ._.

ZACH IS MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER. Period.

There is something about him that makes him attractive, I love how he always take care of Summer and so on.

I just love it, this story is simply amazing.

MY FAVourite!3

Goodjob
bow ties chapter 22 . 6/3/2012
I should write something meaningful and give you some editing advice, but all I want to say is that I really friggin love this story. I especially love how real it is, and and you've brought up a bunch of different themes about the human condition. Seriously though, fantastic writing and I hope you continue.

I LOVE ZACH.
I'm Working On Forever chapter 23 . 6/3/2012
Man. I really hate leaving a signed review, but I'm going to do it anyway. This story. Wow. Except that you don't proofread. But I can't exactly hound you about that, I don't proofread either.

I love this story. And Zach and Summer. Yay :D I love the two idiots together.

Hopefully you will write more, though I doubt it. And I love Mumbai too.
Littlemslulu chapter 23 . 6/2/2012
All I can day is: WOW. Seriously, I thought this story was just gonna be cheesy & cliche, but man I was absolutely wrong. The outer might be cheesy but the inner of this story feels so deep for me, all the characters and their problems. I like how you stay on track by not giving every character a happy ending (like Nathan) because it will spoil the whole story if you end it with happily ever after thing.

I kinda admire Roxanne, for her loyalty to her friends. I hope, you would write another story about her and let her have her happy ending.

Lastyly, I have to applaud you, and I hope all the best for you because damn girl, you have talent! Please don't waste it. :)
dream-beautiful chapter 22 . 5/28/2012
Omg wow. This was a long fucking ride but wow. Really really really good. I can't say I'm happy with Nathan's ending, I was kind of expecting him and Eve to end up together, idk. Or maybe Jazz, haha. I kind of wanted to stab Zach more than half the time but still, I loved him. It was hard to picture Summer as a 15 year old, she was way too brooding to be one. This was so good.
lalalaughter101 chapter 22 . 5/17/2012
I normally don't review stories so this is kind of a big thing for me.

I just want you to know that I absolutely am in love with this story. I discovered it about two years ago, right about when I discovered fictionpress, and this is the first story that has really ever struck something within me. I think this is my fifth time rereading it and I'm still sitting here pinning and whining about how it's over just like I did the first time I read it. Your characterization is outstanding, and it has literally made me fall in love with the characters.

I just want you to know that it's stories like this, the ones that really make me feel and make me want to jump into the plot, that make me love reading.

I don't know if you're planning on doing anything further with The Champagne Gang, but I guess my only critic (gotta offer something right?) is that it kind of breaks up into two different parts structure-wise. I understand it follows a different timeline when Summer and Zach start dating/figure out their feelings, but it makes the ending chapters disconnect with the first two thirds of the story. I know it wasn't intended, but it kind of feels like you decided the story needed to start ending at that point and you rushed it along until Zach's move to college. I would say just for editing purposes you might want to rework the last few chapters to make the story flow a bit better as a whole.

But like I said, I completely adore The Champagne Gang and will probably end up rereading it another five times.

Just curious, have you been working on any other stories lately?
xiameesee chapter 23 . 5/7/2012
we are but a slow poke bunch.

BUT after many push and pull and PUSH and MORE PUSH

we got your story spreading like wildfire throughout our otaku group in our school :D

Because from the silent gushes..hidden in the dark corridors.. away from the raptor-like hearing of the teachers.. i heard that.. "Zach is so hot.".. "NOOO ZACH IS MIIIINE" "NO I READ THE STORY FIRST SO HE'S MINE" "WHAT FIRST HOW ARE YOU SURE OF THAT? there was 3000reviews plus already" "You can have the OTHER BOY BUT ILL HAVE ZAAAAAAAAACH"

Yes, I'm sorry if this is such a creepy message.

For my personal review, I think that this story has a wonderful plot with a twister turn of events, and I agree with your oneshots plan, because I wanted EveXMic soo much that i'll cry blood. Syntax aside, this is truly wonderful..enough to burn evenly in my wide sheet of nostalgia.

I just have one kinda major request, may you describe zach's appearance to me? like i know he's dark and mysterious.. but I wanted to draw him .. I'm not a good drawperson yet, but I'll try my best.

Please?