Reviews for The Champagne Gang
bad-p0sture chapter 22 . 6/25/2011
So I finished this! wasn't too surprised how much i enjoyed it. Totally saw the whole jazz thing coming, and I slowly started to like Roxanne for some reason. Although the fight between Nathan and Sum that was never patched up seemed a little weird, but I'm glad they never made up because then it would be too happyily ever after-ish. Great story. Hope your still finding the time to write.
bad-p0sture chapter 3 . 6/22/2011
Okay... the whole thing with Rox was just creepy. shouldn't that be illegal in some way? I mean even if it was a private investigator Summer could probably get Rox into some trouble for doing that if she wanted to. It also didn't make much sense, what was her presentation even about? just girls who aren't happy? drug addiction? I get how you had to make Roxanne lash out in revenge but it just didn't make a connection with me. Other than that, I really like Summer's date. Also, Zach's characters awesome.
Cheryl White chapter 22 . 6/19/2011
THIS STORY WAS AMAZING.

I can seriously say that this is one of the best - if not THE BEST - story in FP.

Everything was well-developed: the plot, the characters, the scenes. It was all very well-written - smooth, engaging, and fun. The characters - I love them all, flaws included (even though they tend to piss me off) - are so real, and the events in the whole story were believable.

This was truly a product of pure inspiration, and I applaud you for this!

It was WONDERFUL. Thank you, and a thousand stars to you! :)
Seph Meadowes chapter 22 . 6/19/2011
Incredible story. Just totally blew me away. The characters felt so real, they all grew on me especially Zach and even Roxy (who I despised in the beginning).

I think you did such a great job writing this. I sincerely think it deserves to be published. And I'm looking forward to your next story.
hollywood920 chapter 23 . 6/18/2011
Okay, I know you probably get a bunch of reviews everyday and maybe you don't even check them, I don't know I just had to tell you that this is the best fictionpress story i've ever read. I loved it so much that I felt like rereading it 5 minutes after I finished it. The characters, the plot, everything about this story is absolutely flawless. I'm pretty much in love with Zach and i'm in love with him and Summer as a couple. This story was amazing, thanks for writing it.
queenjade chapter 22 . 6/16/2011
AMAZING is all I can say after reading this in basically one go! It's so addictive!

I can't begin to tell you how incredible this story is, the way you built on the plot development, the characters, the relationships..just...WOW.

Summer is one of my favourite female leads, she's firey and feisty, a nice change from the usually whiny female MCs. Basically I just think Summer kicks some serious ass!

Nate is the epitome of perfect, he's everything every girl wants, and although I fell in love with him from the word go..I kinda was always on team Zach, theres just something about Zach.

Roxanne. Where do I start with this one? I HATED her so much, I really did and then BAM you make me go and like her! How the hell d'yu do that? Man, she ended up one of my favourites!

I loved all the other supporting characters too, especially Talia, she really made me laugh.

And of course the crazy, moody, mysterious Zach..aww I love him :) I was always rooting for him and Summer (they had some seriously funny banter together and the love/hate relationship never gets old.)

Ohhhh and I thought the twist with Roxanne and Jimmy and Jazz(who I kinda never forgave..poor Summer) that was one clever plot that I really didn't expect, it takes a lot to catch me off guard with a story, usually things are pretty predictable but this story kept me on my feet not only with this but with the whole love triangle.

Well, just wanted to show my love for the story cuz it deserves lots of love :)

Thanks for writing, I really enjoyed reading this! :D

Oh and well done on nearly 4,000 reviews..that's bloody impressive! :)

Keep up the great work!

Jade

xoxo

TEAM ZACH AND SUMMER..ALWAYS :)
tessa chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
ok, this is just a general review on this entire story.

you are a FABULOUS writer! the characters are wonderful and addicting and three dimensional. even the worst of characters grew on me. the story line was flawless and there was just enough gushiness!

i am COMPLETELY ADDICTED to all of the love interests included.

and the length was definitely not a burden, it definitely satisfied my inner romantic :)

please continue writing and posting!
Nameless Shana chapter 16 . 6/7/2011
This whole time he was seriously a jack-a**. I would actually try to calm down before looking at everything. I try to pull away from both Nathan and Zach.
Nameless Shana chapter 15 . 6/7/2011
Her love life is so complicated. At least she got her life from NY toned down. problem after problems.
Nameless Shana chapter 5 . 6/6/2011
Even though Zach acted more like a a-hole in this chapter I still kind of like him for this odd reason. He's really witty. Just the kiss bothered me.
Nameless Shana chapter 4 . 6/6/2011
I actually kind of like Zach. He seems like an A-hole but under all that act, he seems to be a 'nice' guy. We just don't know him yet...
Nameless Shana chapter 3 . 6/6/2011
Wow. She's really unlucky. The school system seems really unique to most schools...If I was her, I would go back and check my old friends to see why they wouldn't answer my calls. A true friend will always be there.
YasuRan chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Courtesy of the Review Marathon (link in my profile).

This is a very strong opening. I love Summer's narrative; it reveals a lot about who she is and what makes her background. The angst of losing her brother is kept in the background but seems to tinge some of her thoughts. I think that works very well for the story. Nothing's too dramatic but there's enough bite in the unfolding events that keeps the readers interested.

You also deserve a lot of praise for how your supporting cast is introduced so far. Despite their outward beauty, there's a strong sense of mystery about them, which befits a mythically-inclined 'Champagne Gang'. No one's an outright saint or straight-out sinner either. Keeps me wondering what's in store for poor Summer.
hideseekkeep chapter 23 . 6/1/2011
I found this story through the SKOW Hall of Fame and am guilty of having read it in one sitting (thank goodness for summer break). It was a very entertaining read, and you definitely tugged at my heartstrings at various points throughout-there were even tears involved at times!

In terms of constructive criticism, I think the story could have been a bit more streamlined and there did feel like extra storylines that didn't add too much to the overall plot (ie: everything that happened with Jazz). You also ended up making Nathan INCREDIBLY likeable, which made it tougher for me to root for Summer and Zach in the end. At one point in the middle, I had to skip to the last chapter to see who Summer ended up with just so I wouldn't get too emotionally invested in what was going on with Nathan (which I still ended up doing anyway). I felt pretty bad for him and everything that transpired, but I guess I can reason it out by the fact that relationships aren't always simple and we can't necessarily choose who we love. I do think that you wrote some great chemistry between Zach and Summer though and there were seriously some electric moments between the two that got my heart racing.

I hope the constructive notes weren't so harsh. I seriously did enjoy reading this story and hope you'll be writing more on FictionPress in the future! Thank you for a great read.
Essandra chapter 11 . 5/30/2011
OMG! Now she likes them both, I knew this would happen...

Great story I love the way its written.
4,089 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 .. Last Next »