Reviews for The Champagne Gang
obsessed chapter 22 . 5/19/2013
shud i mention i'm likely completely obsessed with this amaazing story? like the greatest high school drama love story eva written? YOU ROCK! AND CHAMPAGNE GANG"S THE BEST! I LOVE IT!
Jillian chapter 23 . 5/18/2013
Okay just finished and your story was incredible. I hope you know youre a great writer. I have read an insane amount of books this year...I'm living in China teaching English...and I fell upon this site and your story. It was great and the characters were perfectly paced and believable. I got sucked into your world. That takes work and an amazing writer. Don't stop writing. Ever.
Jilian chapter 8 . 5/18/2013
I have just started reading your story yesterday and it is fantastic. You should really try to publish this. I'll post again when I finish
Guest chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
Very good so far. The main character seems a little annoying to me, but that's because she's judging everyone and pretty much being a hyprocrite. But that's okay, I like your writing. This is a good chapter and very well off.
jojo167 chapter 22 . 5/8/2013
that was so good :) slightly cliche but nonetheless enjoyable
FairyTaleDreams chapter 22 . 4/26/2013
Loved your story - the characters are absolutely brilliant and I really enjoyed how until Summer actually got together with Nathan you were never sure who she'd ultimately end up with. Roxanne ended up being one of my favourite characters by the end of it and Zach is SUCH a hottie :) Also honestly? I think Roxanne giving up on Nathan and Summer not making up with Nathan made the entire thing realistic. It would have been incredibly 'rainbows and ponies' if everything just sorted itself out in the end. Do keep writing!
anonymous chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
I've read this countless of times now and I think this is just the first time I left a review. Anyway. I absolutely loved this. Everything about it.
The story and the characters had depth, you're a fantastic writer. Everything flowed so seamlessly. The characters were all so complex, no one was the standard black and white character. Everyone was interesting and good and bad in their own ways, but still had a consistent personality. Zach, Summer, Roxanne, Eve, Michael and the rest of the cast of characters were so damn believable.
What I like most, I suppose, that it is not cliched. I liked that not /everything/ went perfect. I absolutely admire you for making Zach not qualify for Yale- that was so realistic, especially the way everyone reacted to it. It was perfect. That was probably my favorite part.
I wish I can see more from you. It made me rather sad that this was the only thing you had up (aside from that oneshot). I would love to see you published one day.
Mary chapter 22 . 4/13/2013
If this was a book, I would buy it.
Reviewer 199 chapter 22 . 4/4/2013
Splendid. Amazing. Fantastic. Brilliant. Unbelievable. Magnificent. Spectacular. I could just go on and on...

The most important thing is that no matter what you say about the cliches, this was so not your average romance story. The real beauty in your characters is their flaws, which may explain why I never particularly like Nathan much.

You really are a phenomenal writer, and I hope with all my heart that no one dares considering plagiarising you. You gave all your characters this level of depth I'd never seen before - and you're villains weren't just plain mean. Heck, even Roxanne was complex (and I've definitely decided now that Eve is NOT a robot). That's what made the whole adventure a little more realistc.

These last few chapters have been, well, perfect in their own way. And I love the idea of putting in the songs in this chapter (your taste in music is so varied!). Your last line was just truly beautiful. My favourite part of this chapter? August. Definitely August,

It gives me hope to think that Summer and Zach don't have this perfect, blissful happy ending. They fight terribly, but they make it up wonderfully and the love each other deeply. You deserve more than three thousand views.

I know you have a lot of people to thank, but it's really us readers who need to thank you. It's my birthday tomorrow (which is literally in five minutes - my time), and if you don't mind me saying so, I consider this story to be a beautiful gift. Thankyou for being brave and putting this out there for the world. Thankyou for giving me hope that there is still excellent writing out there on FictionPress. Thanks for this crazy journey with Summer and Zach and Roxanne and Nathan and Eve and Michael and Ann and Talia and Hadley and Shaya and everyone.

YOU have talent. Loads of it. And I feel like one day, this could be sitting on a shelf in the YA of Teen section of the library. And there'll be that one kid every now and then who will stop and think, " 'The Champagne Gang'? That sounds interesting."

Once again, Thankyou for sharing "The Champagne Gang" with the world.

Reviewer 199 chapter 21 . 4/4/2013
Yes! This is the resolution I dreamed of!

I like what you did with the structure, breaking it up into separate days.

I like the confessions - they cut the tension, and made the whole situation just kinda funny.

This whole Shaya/Roxanne powerplay thing sounds quite entertaining.

But go Roxanne, sticking up for Summer! (I can't believe I'm saying that). Her character has really developed since the beginning.

You are an absolutely AMAZING writer.

Reviewer 199 chapter 20 . 4/4/2013
So much drama.. must keep reading.

Although I must admit, I really liked the way you showed the vulnerable side of Roxanne, by exposing her insecurities.

This chapter was impossible to stop reading.

Reviewer 199 chapter 19 . 4/4/2013
Geez, Roxanne's parties rival Oprah's parties.

Man, though I really wanted to see how that conversation with Zach would end.

Call me evil, but I am enjoying the way Summer and Nathan's relationship is right now. I really hope it stays that way :D Though I worry for Summer, with Roxanne's protectiveness and all...

Three more chapters! Oh my God!

Reviewer 199 chapter 18 . 4/4/2013
Okay, I certainly didn't see this "friendship" business with Roxanne coming. Strange, but most definitely entertaining.

And this: "Hurt Nathan in any way and you're going to want to move to Siberia." This just proves that Roxanne really does care about her friends. She really is the one person who holds the Champagne Gang together.

And yay :) It looks like there's still hope for Zach... (though man, he was an asshole this chapter).

It's almost over... which makes me excited, scared and sad all at the same time!

Also, I do detest Twilight with every ounce of strength in my soul.

Reviewer 199 chapter 17 . 4/4/2013
Interesting... I like the conflict between Shaya and Roxanne! She's finally getting what she deserves.

Not happy about Nathan/Summer though...

Fingers crosses that "that arm" at the end belonged to Zach (though I can still see it being Roxanne's).

Reviewer 199 chapter 16 . 4/3/2013
NOOOOOOO!

There NEEDS to a resolution between Summer and Zach. Aargh! This is so shocking I can't even express myself in coherent language!

Zach is such a damn heartbreaker. But I cannot stand the thought of a Summer/Nathan ending. Cannot. Stand. The. Thought.

So much drama, huh?