Reviews for cookies
Let It Rain chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
Hm. . . very different from I thought it would be after reading the summary. The second half of the poem was much better than the first. Keep writing!
RedBerries chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
I feel like I'm missing the pooint of this poem. There's something hidden in there that I'm not seeing, despite my desperate re-reads. I'm not too sure about the capitalisation either...is there something behind that? If you put them together, you get 'feel like crumb', which could mean that the narrator is feeling really small next to her. First of all, I thought it could be a boy talking about his girlfriend, and maybe the 'little box' was a engagement ring or maybe some kind of present. But then, I read the stanza:

do you like it?no? too sweet?one more?another?

And that made me think that maybe it's a little girl talking about someone she knows, maybe a very judgemental mother? And the 'little box' is a surprise to please her. Some of the wording could be identified as childlike, so that's another possibility in my head.

I also loved the line 'FEEL the heat?', because it was implying that there was some tension. I got the impression that it was so important to the narrator that these cookies turned out well, that they could 'feel the heat' so to speak.

As for the in-depth hidden message, I can't find it, so I'm going to believe that it doesn't exist.

:P
Elliptical Shapes chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
Great style, it really works even though it looks so basic.

Yeah, you kept to your story here very well, it made so much sense that it had no choice but to be good. I wish somebody would bake me a box of cookies.

Keep writing