Reviews for Seans Hands
DarkBlysse chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
"and mark there way inside"-Should be 'their' not 'there.'
Next Exit chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
you capture this small moment so perfectly. :) good job.
hermione032192 chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
This seems so private. Very well writen though.
CostumeForAGutterball chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
you write with such clarity and beautified simplicity - and yet again - you always inspire me! YOU ROCK!
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
[His voice is as low as a cello when he says, / I did a little writing in high school.] I love this. The cello simile is awesome as heck. And what is it about women's attraction to men with deep voices? I'm screwed in that aspect, because my voice is anything but deep; but I like my voice, got no problem with it, even though I've had people tell me I sound like a girl on the phone. Just these first two lines already give me the image of a rough, scruffy guy in tight jeans. A "real man" as they say. I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy singing country music.

[His fingers clasp, / and curl around / a page of my computer / handwriting;] The first time I read this I saw an image of the guy actually putting his hands on the computer monitor. And I was like, well, that's kind of a strange thing to do. I totally missed the word "page," though, which clears up my initial confusion about the setting. He's looking at a printed copy of her writing. "Computer handwriting" is very clever.

[The sunset is a dying flame in my rearview mirror.] Excellent line. Probably the most poetic of the poem. And very beautiful. And this is where I was initially confused the first time, because with the wrapping his hands around a computer I saw them at home, then there was this line, and I was like "well, maybe she's driving to his house." But like I said, I didn't see the "page" at first. Now I see the scene very clearly: the girl driving to either his or her house, sneaking sideward glances at the man in the passenger's seat, thinking lustfully of what's going to be happening in a few short minutes.

This is an incredibly sexy poem. It's like foreplay, only it isn't. It's more like foreplay of the foreplay. I agree with one of the other reviewers about the title, though. I'm not a big fan of it, mainly because the anonymity of the poem makes it even sexier. But then we've got the dude's name in the title, which kind of kills some of the sexiness. But that's just me, though. I'm sure other people like it.

Overall, I absolutely loved the poem. It's definitly "dripping" with sex appeal. I find poems like this much sexier than a poem about somebody actually having sex. It's kinda like seeing a beautiful girl in revealing clothing. Your mind can visualize and your imagination takes over, and the girl appears sexier and more beautiful because she's only teasing and titillating. When you actually see her naked, though, it's like ". . . eh."

Write on, Juliet. You sexy minx, you.
like a lover chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
wow.

god I dunno, this sounds so private and warm. I don't feel allowed to read it, like it's too special of a moment or something.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
That moment when someone is reading you - scary and exhilirating all at once. Good stuff.
account not in use chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
oddly sexy.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
I like the consistent repetition of hands-fingers, and the double meaning I interpret of how hands represent the writing aspect and the individual attraction aspect. The format-structure works well as it puts the emphasis on certain words with the differing line lengths. Well developed and specific. Great write.
unwilling outcast chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
First off thanks for my review! this poem is well written, it speaks from the heart well done :)
Elizabeth Bilberry chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
This lovely poem of yours puts a smile on my face. Why is it that the little things catch our attention?

EB
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
so pretty. i love the last stanza. nice imagery and keep on going!
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
This is so good. How exquisite, what a wonderful feeling.
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
The thing that I noticed first about this poem is that it sounds very odd. Its like a mixture of your poetry and genuine feelings. Exapmle: poetry: 'The sunset is a dying flame in my rearview mirror'Feeling:'I can’t stop thinking about his hands'Do you see what I mean? I mean, its all poetry, but its like two different kinds. I suppose your talent allows for that. On a lighter note, I loved the lines 'His voice is as low as a cello when he says,I did a little writing in high school' and 'His fingers clasp,and curl arounda page of my computerhandwriting;he reads.'They both read very real to me. Another small masterpeice, Juilet.

Peace, Daze
in theory chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
The only part about that didn't move me was the title, and even then it's not a bad one just a little bland (I reckon, but then I always do prefer odd ones so it's probably just me.) It's cute in its simplicity anyway.

The first two lines are so thick and husky, I love the sound of a cello and you squeeze the whole instance of that noise into two lines. Love that.

"computer handwriting" confused me a little, I'm still not decided whether it means typing or printed. And to be unfolded by hands, sexy and gritty metaphor and it's one of those that can literally be gripped straightaway and identified with. Naughty, and unmissable.

As with most of your work it makes me wonder, but mostly this makes me feel incredibly nosey about this guy. Hehe.

Good luck (if you want it that is :P)

truly,