Reviews for Nightfall of the Soul
DarkBlysse chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
You know what I've noticed about your poems? You can write them perfectly without punctuation, AND without confusing the reader (or at least me). Kudos for that. For the longest time, I was annoyed with poems that didn't use punctuation because the authors didn't even try to make it readable and understandable; they'd end lines willy nilly and leave me wondering where one idea ends and the others begin (and not in a good way, either), but you separate everything perfectly with just the words and lines. Again, kudos to you for that.

And this poem was indeed felt by me, and not just read. I especially loved the title-very original and heart-felt.
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
wow, some awesome imagery in this. the last three lines were great, nice closure.

keep writing!
ginnyellen chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
Hey there Matt. Sorry for my extremly long absense... I've been way to busy to read OR write anything.

This poem was... perfect. You poured your emotions and delineated them with beautiful words that came right into the reader's heart. I personally loved the part that was "Woe unto the living, who live ad those who are dead" ... it must be hell to live without any spark. (to say it in few words, for I wrote once about it, and it came really long)

Do not assume you won't fall/fail again, be sure about it. By saying "I assume" you are giving a small room to failure. You MAY fall in the future, but if you gave your absolute everything, you won't fall so deep, and it will be less hard to stand up again. I do not know your problems, though I can sense they're not light. I'm just trying to give some advice (I don't even know if it'll be useful)

And if you fall again, and you feel like this time was even deeper than the last time... well maybe you're looking for solutions in the wrong place... outside or within you.

Amazing poem, I loved it.

**ginny_ellen**
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
Beautiful, Matt. The part which spoke to me most was "Overcome I fall / Because the boxes went unopenedBecause my soul remained hidden / Because I chose the comfort of shadow" but then I've got a thing with repetition. The title was lovely as well.

It feels odd calling this beautiful and lovely when I know how much everyhing's weighing down on you. I'll be praying for you, hun. You know I'm here. *hug*
arethesemyfeet chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
i really lod this and i guess it sums up how i feel most of the timethanks