Reviews for Fragrant Magnolias
breakthehabit chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
And so far, I am likin this fic and Melanie pretty well. :P
Kajskk chapter 24 . 3/12/2012
This really is an interesting and intense story.

What I at first thought I wouldn't be able to stand about it, but as time went learned to appreciate was the main character of this story. Victoria. As silly as it sounds I've never liked that name in any way. Any Victoria I've ever known of has been people I haven't liked in the least. And so when I was introduced to this wealthy and a bit stuck up girl named Victoria, I wasn't too keen on whether I wanted to continue or not. But I did. And am I glad I did.

what I found incredibly interesting in this story is the range of different characters and personalities you find in this story. While Victoria may seem like a stupid bimbo, she clearly isn't. But rather acting as such, because that's what she think is expected of her. Like many girls in real life. She clearly has a rather healthy mind that is quick on picking up on things around her, but often choose not to react as she perhaps wants to. I rather like to see how her character has grown over these chapters. And I do hope to see further development when it comes to her.

Another aspect of this story I do like is the fact that this homosexual relationship between her and Melanie is of a kind you would normally not see. Both girls on the wealthy side of society and one a bit more stuck up in some sense than the other. I believe that Melanie faces her problems a bit more openly, if only to herself and not others than Victoria, which is why she's a bit more down to earth. And seem to appreciate more of the little things in life.

The story is complex and intriguing and apart from bits and pieces here and there I find few to no flaws with the writing itself. I wish to see that you one day finish this story, though it was clearly a long time ago you wrote it. Or if not, just keep writing. Because you truly can.

I think this is one of those stories I could keep analysing forever and ever, but I think I'll spare you from such a thing. Instead I must say I'm most impressed with the story. You certainly cast some new lights on characteristics and sexuality within society in a way I never truly considered before. For some reason, god knows why I've been so blind at times. But oh well.

I really hope you keep writing, if not for others. Then for yourself.

/Kajskk
lovingGhost316 chapter 24 . 1/30/2012
Either way this was a good story. I'll look for the re-write. Thank you. Can't explain but thanks
lovingGhost316 chapter 6 . 1/28/2012
Hey. I...hmm how do I do this right...sigh. In only on chapter 6 but I wanted to review early. Before things get crazy. Victoria reminds me of my cousin Natalie. Eating problems and all. Guess that's why I'm so addicted to your story already and fucking off my work to read it. Your a very good writer you know? You should feel pride knowing you did this. I do for you. ;P sigh but ah yeah...I'm sorry. By the way. That you feel inadequate. Me too. But hey shh no telling I just hmm...I'm diranged I suppose. Hey? Your goregous. Don't need to know you to know.

-lovingGhost
CrazyReader26 chapter 24 . 7/20/2011
i don't even know if you'll see this but i just wanted to tell you that i adore this story and i'm very sad it won't ever be finished. i'm completely in love with melanie, i wouldn't change a thing about her as a character. she's perfect with all her imperfections. and please don't ever remove this story, i've been reading it regulary every half a year for at least two years now and i'd miss a feeling of falling in love with melanie over and over again.
SilverScreen Crush chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
I have come to the conclusion that you have died. Shame, you had such talent. May you rest in peace.
MsSaurus chapter 13 . 1/29/2011
I adore Scarlett. She's absolutely awesome.

And I love your whole story too :)
shenemet chapter 24 . 11/22/2010
Thanks for that, it was interesting to get that insight into such a different lifestyle.
AmyliasOcean chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Tres chic, very tres chic. Though I must admit, I typically don't like the rich snobby bitches lmfao
m chapter 9 . 3/1/2010
i gues bit (way) late in writing a review,but i d just like to say that i love your story (fragrant magnolia) so far. I was just reading ur comment at the end chapter 9, the part where u said u haven t recovered from anorexia. i hope you have by now, it s a tough disease to overcome and if u ever need to just rant or talk u can contact me on . thanks for the great story
nandinhama chapter 24 . 2/14/2010
i really loved this
mroar chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
woman its about time you start updatin again!

youre killing us!
omo chapter 24 . 10/17/2009
aww man...

i kinda prefere you to continue but if thats how you feel its totally cool. But please leave the characters name?
omo chapter 23 . 10/17/2009
Victoria seems to be alot more mature, its very good.

good job
omo chapter 22 . 10/17/2009
oh yh and it was really flowing, and you can actually connect Victoria's character
358 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »