Reviews for Fragrant Magnolias
rozlilta chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
Well, I think that victoria is a few ... idiot. I dont like people like her.

But the story is good, I read since the first chapter and I'm going on reading it.

By now, story is very slow, and in chapters a few things just happen.

I hope that you continue, because is quite interesant.
kitt chapter 3 . 7/13/2006
i love it! :)
LEDlorien7 chapter 3 . 7/12/2006
ok, you are going to have to continue this, because i am insanely curious and i really need to know what happens. and i'm really starting to like the characters, which is funny, because if they were real, they would probably hate me, and i wouldn't exactly love them either. which is why i like this story. dont ask. but i really do like it, and i hope you do continue!
LEDlorien7 chapter 2 . 7/12/2006
ok, i was kind of liking that hippie girl. i have a lot of respect for hippies except for the marijuana thing. like, yay peace and love! but that's just me. and pride buttons are good too. Andrea seems nice and friendly. Melanie is quite intriguing. Victoria probably does have a disorder. or she will. What color is Victoria's hair naturally?
LEDlorien7 chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
i love f/f, but i'm not so into your characters at the moment. i mean, it might be because i'm a nerd, but they all seem pretty superficial. Actually, mostly victoria does, but the thing is, you characterized her so well, that she's deep anyway, like how she doesn't like it when people shorten her name. and how easygoing, un-assertive, and shy she is. i find all those qualities very cute, so i guess i like her too. I'm going to keep reading this i think. i actually like the plot a lot, i don't want you to think i don't like it.
Tasyin chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
The first thing I should say is very well done. I'm really not sure why I clicked this story, I've never liked the rich girl sort of character at all. But I did, and contrary to my nature I like your character. She seems natural in that she wants to impress but doesn't really like the pretense that goes into it, or at least that's the impression I got. Andrea had just the right degree of fakeness to her, that friendly yet sort of stupid nature that a lot of girls use for protection. And Melanie just works, all of your characters do.

Also the writing is very natural. First person can be difficult to keep in character and I think you've got a good grasp of Victoria and the surroundings. The relationships are also reminiscent of ones that you would see in real life. Victoria and her parents and such. The only thing that really seemed weird was the elevator, but I think that's just because it's sort of a shock that someone would honestly put an elevator in their house. It's not even unrealistic and it certainly serves to make her monetary status a little more obvious.

So good job. I'm really honestly impressed with this. Even though it's just the first chapter these characters are very real. And good characters are really all you need to have a good story. Even if the plot sucks you'll always have that.

Tasyin
BreathingFlames chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
Hmm. Very, very intriguing. You have a nice style of writing and it makes me very curious to see what happens next.

Great job. Update soon, please?
352 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24