Reviews for Oceanic Night
Lilac Ebony chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
Excellent imagery, and the words are perfect. A truely well written poem.
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
The mood & atmosphere of this piece are intoxicating. Very nicely done I can picture the whole scene throughout.

KEEP WRITING!

F.C

I'd love to hear your thoughts on some of my work. If you like horror Fiction you might wish to take a look at my Torment Series. 3rd book is underway. See what you think. V
Lounalune chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
Wow, this is beautiful, I can really see the scene you are describing... I love some of the words you chose, like "lush pride".
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
I just watched 'The Perfect Storm' last night, and this reminds me of that movie. Of course, that's only because I initially take things literally. I started off thinking, "Heh. He/she is writing about a seastorm. Craziness." But that's not what you're doing at all, is it? No?

There is something overwhelmingly sexual about this piece. In high-school I was taught to read water as "sex" or "mother." I decided to go with sex here. The lines that pretty mucg made the decision were: "Our vessel's pounding body / Smacked at the rough, cruel stone...". Yeah. Um, right, then.

It's a very beautiful poem though, even it does seem a little lurid beneath the surface. I apologize if this analysis is totally perverted. I don't want to offend anyone, so I won't decipher any more lines.

Very well done.