Reviews for Amidst Darkness
miss.aishaj chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
Matthew,

Well I haven't reviewed you in ages, and I apologize so dearly for abandonning my reviews for so long. I do get author alerts from you, and I do read your new work whenever I can, but I just never have the time to review anyone anymore.

Anyway, onto the poem.

I really like it. I think you've come such a long way with your writing since I would read you before, but in a completely good way. I think as we age, our experiences change the way we feel about ourselves and the world around us, giving a bigger spectrum to percieve in different ways than before.

"So we float/In the slick embrace of/Comfortable, habitual, perpetual/Darkness" I absolutely love this stanza. Because so many people (including myself)have considered the darkness their friend, sometimes their only friend, in so many different aspects and it IS comfortable, knowing that no one will be able to find you.

I shall not go on any further, for fear of having a huge review, but I apologize for the lack of reviews and company. I hope you are doing well, and your life is going the way you wish it to, you're in my thoughts. )

Much Love-Suicidal_Greeting
ginnyellen chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Matt! I loved this poem... It caught me by surprise that you named darkness comfortable... but it made perfect sense with seeking life in those places... we may be doing it because in a way it's "comfortable".

The other part that I absolutely agreed on was "It remains out of reach, but within our grasp". That light..you may even be seeing it but feeling absolutely no joy or true peace... there are times in which there's something sliding you back into darkness.. and it's not always easy to detect this chains and break them.

I liked it a lot!
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
First and fourth stanzas are my favorites. Despite you saying you don't consider this your best work, I think you did a wonderful job with it. Good flow, clear images yet not cliche. Well done hun. x
first-casualty-of-war chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
This is beautiful, great job :)
Liebchenrose chapter 1 . 6/29/2006