Reviews for Silent Storm
moongazer7 chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Wow! Touching. Yeah, pure folks or whatever they call themselves, but those extremest really bug me.
Point Zero chapter 1 . 3/9/2007
Very meaningful.

People who're that racist about things like that are simply, and entirely, stupid.

Its the truth.

You're a very talented writer.
Kaggr chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Interesting story. I definitely believe in the yourself thing. I walk around school with sporks in my hair. And straws with the tips colored red in my mouth. I tried to wear my cape once, too...

I see nothing that would need fixing, so all I shall say is good job.

Oh, and your comment about saxophones on your bio, I didn't really like it either until my director forced me to play it in jazz band instead of my flue. It took a while to get used to. Hehe.
Reda chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
"Why should I hide? Why should I let my fear control me? After all, it's a part of who I am." - Indeed. Good lines.

Hey, I'm Catholic, and yes, sadly, there are people like that in this world - those who won't accept gays/lesbians b/c of what our religion teaches. (And they're stupid people, too).

Me, I have lesbian friends and they're kick-ass awesome. Now, I don't mind them having feelings like that, but...my religion teaches that as long as they don't act on it, it's ok. Simply put, they ask me to sing in their wedding, and I have to turn them down. (and when one talks about how the other gives her a hickey...I'm just like..um..o..k..uncomfortable subject) but still friends with them b/c whatever they feel - not my life; they're still cool people.

That's why I hate people that are so judgemental, which you've portrayed well in this. But um...yeah...kinda wish people could know that preppy Catholic people are stupid, and there are those of us who don't go around saying stuff like "well, i hope you enjoy your stay in hell" P

Ha, oops, sorry, I kinda went and spoke my mind and rambled. Sorry bout that. I'll try not to do that again. You just ignited the switch and fired me up. _

Reda
Benzy chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
I like this. You said it was a one shot, but I think that you should continue it.

By itself, the one shot wasn't fantastic, but I like the message, and it seems like a promising start for what would be a good story.
Samana chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
very good story, could pass off as a fable if the world wasn't so conservative, keep writing
Rowan Cross chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
M. Good, yes. A story that any young homosexual can relate to. However, the story felt rather one-dimensional and unfortunately showed signs of rather immature writing. The mom, why didn't we go in depth of her feelings? Do you really think there wouldn't be one student (even the Catholics have their liberals) who would want to befriend her? My guess would be you're not Christian and perhaps hold animosity towards them. I can certainly understand it but you should try being objective in your writing. My suggestion would be that you go back and flesh out some of the ideas presented in this story. I do like the message that your story sends and it was well written. I hope my suggestions helped you and if you need any further help, please feel free to contact me through my profile.