Reviews for Wraith
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Oof, this was both haunting and powerful, a wonderful short story. I really like the idea of the wraith that you introduced, but perhaps you could've explained what made Kat lose her soul...unless it was metaphorical, becoming one of the plastic cheerleader types?

~ Sakina x
dancinginthestars chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
you have a brilliant style of writing, not many could write about death so well
Koki Enwai chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
Amazing imagery. Morbid, but still funny. I loved it, as usual.

- Koki
Katie Nicole chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
Oh my Word. This was astounding!

For one, it took me by surprise multiple times. You were very elusive, not giving anything away, and tugging on my curiosity. But you didn't disappoint. There was too much I loved about this.

First I thought it would be about mourning, but as I kept reading, you sounded so furious. That was surprising. It's not often you hear people speak ill of the dead.

And then, you thanked her for saving your life, but then said "I wish my neck had snapped against the pavement, but you were too selfish to let me go." So that was both sad and kind of confusing.

Another point I wanted to make was that you added a really creepy feeling by describing her body no longer as a person but as just a decaying corpse. It's weird, when you see the body of a loved one without the life, because it's hard to convince yourself they're just a cadaver when you've grown so accustomed to their features.. it's so strange.

That's why I also liked the line: "Why can’t I make you twitch? A part of me thinks you’re playing possum." Because I've felt that way before, at funerals.

All in all, this was really fantastic. It strings the reader along, but you really bring it home in the end!

Katie
Taneli chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Morbid, but definitely good. Your narrator seems mostly emotionless, but the images and descriptions you use more than make up for that in terms of emotion.
Lone Lily in the Garden chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
I love this story! It is really great! Awesome girl, keep doing what you are doing! Love ya!
Fancy That Time chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
Wow. Strange, but, cool! I like it. To me, of course, I have to read it two more times because my brain is what me dad calls it, "mushy". It is not cooked enough for me to think fully. I like the story. Very good. Can't say there is going to be another chapter, though.
Jenhmarie Dawn T Frias chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
i love it! it was so outrageously hilarious!

sorry if my sense of humor is out of hand, but i really laughed myself silly over it.

i didn't mean that in a negative way, i meant that i was delighted by the angst.

it's so morbid.

shin mikhalkov
Ophelia Hyde chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
Hello,

I must say this was a very intriguing read. I loved the picture you painted with your words, and kept us, the reader, mostly in the dark. It was morbid, but wonderful. You have some major talent here and I can’t wait to read more from you.

~*Ophelia*~
DragonKnight19 chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Wow, that was really morbid. But not really in a bad way. Just an...interesting way. You seem to have a thing for writing about living people who are dead inside, or something like that. This style has potential, keep working on it and developing it further, you could turn these flash fiction horror pieces into something truly amazing.
Patricia Louise chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
It was funny, in a very dark way. Interesting take too. Great job!
RedHairedWriter chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
morbid, yet beautiful. beautifully written too.
Awekid chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
Good, good, SWELL! Is all I can say. Absolutely fantabulistic.

P.s Tanks for the review ) I pay you back with a review from myself.
Athena Moralias chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
Here's to returning the favor.

The summary caught my attention as soon as I saw it and the story was amazing. You have so much talent, it's quite unfair. The descriptions were vivid and I could form a picture in my head. You've definitly earned a fan. After we shoot off the fireworks tonight I hope to read more from you. You work is amazing!

Athena Moralias
Noelle chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
thats really good...but i dont really understand the last 3 paragraphs very much...