Reviews for Midshipman Harding's Honor
Iron Pyrate chapter 3 . 9/1/2006
Wow, this is so good! I really like how you don't know for SURE that "Ezra" is in fact Beatrix until the end of this chapter. One sentance in A Letter from a Sister was slightly confusing, "He is, I can safely say to you, my dear Charlotte, who knows my little secret, he is quite handsome." I had to re-read it to make sure I understood it correctly, but that's the only fault I can find! PLEASE update SOON!
Angi3 chapter 5 . 7/25/2006
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! I was so worried they would find out he was really she, what with the injuries and such. Keep up the great work!
TalesOfOld chapter 5 . 7/24/2006
Yes! This morning I was wondering if you were going to update soon and I was so excited when I saw the author alert!

I don't think this chapter is at all excessive in the gory department and the character interaction is superb. I personally thought the profanity somewhat harsh at the end; although historically correct. Simply personal preference though and it's a T rated fic so completely up to you on how you handle that.

Also, I got a kick out of the pun "the grave work of supervising the dead" and wondered if it was on purpose. ;)

Update soon, I'm waiting eagerly! -Tales of Old
castaways and cutouts chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
I like it! And perchance do you listen to The Decemberists? Because they have a song called "Shanty for the Arethusa," and I was wondering if that's where you got your idea from. If you don't listen to them, I highly recommend you do.
TalesOfOld chapter 4 . 7/14/2006
The best chapter yet! High intensity and emotion scenes are hard to write without sounding over dramatic or cheesy but you've done this very well. Spectacular!
Angi3 chapter 3 . 7/11/2006
Aha! We come to the truth lol. This is loverly as always!
TalesOfOld chapter 3 . 7/11/2006
I'm always so excited when I get an author alert from you! This chapter was different from the others but still great! It wasn't until I was looking at it with the writer's eye a few minutes later that I noticed all the character development you put in so effortlessly. Very well done! Also, the voice in which you write this is very authentic, reminds me of Robert Louis Stevenson in many ways. Update soon!
Angi3 chapter 2 . 7/7/2006
LOVE IT as usally this is amazing and very well written. This should so be a published book one day.
Angi3 chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
Nice! I do hope you don't forget "forget me knots" or completly kill "the stern chaser". But I do LOVE this!
Jackaroe chapter 2 . 7/5/2006
oh, i am thoroughly enjoying this story.

I am quite a fan of this period in history and more so, a fan of tall ships and Britain's navy during the Napoleonic wars.

The dialogue between your characters is flawless. I can hear them speaking smoothly in my head, almost as if I'm catching them at genuine conversation. (some stories tend to have very stiff dialogue which is quite unrealistic).

i am looking forward to an update!

and into my favorites it goes!

Cheers,LaBelleJeuneFilleSansMerci
TalesOfOld chapter 2 . 7/5/2006
Another great chapter! I've always loved this time period, especially if there's sailing involved. You have a good amount of authenticity in the description and dialogue, but not so much so that it can't be understood by land lubbers. It's obvious that you know a lot about this time period and you know how to communicate it without spitting facts at the readers. Well done, I'm hooked! Update soon!
TalesOfOld chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
This looks like it's going to be good! Your description is great and the dialog believable. The only thing is that I found the beginning, all the way to where the descriptive paragraph of the Arethusa begins, very confusing. I had to read the entire chapter over again before I understood what was going on. Some reference to who is talking would help a great deal. Update soon!
PeliculaJane chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
I want more already! Then again, I've always had a soft spot for a sea-faring adventure... but seriously, this is off to a great start. Keep it coming!