Reviews for Bitterly, I Weep
quixotic-hope chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
Great job. I can definitely relate to not being friends anymore and yet being unable to recall quite when it all fell apart.
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
"I miss you. I miss you so much. / And it all feels like a dream." That's great. There are some really wonderful things happening in this poem. But what I like most is how I can relate to it personally. It seems that your persona is talking about a childhood friend. Well, I had a best friend in high-school, and in my senior year she abandoned me for the cool punk-rock new girl. I'd been aiming all of my friendship lasers at her, so when she cast me off I was utterly and incredibly alone.

So, here's to losing friends and spending senior year alone in movie theares and cafes.

Very moving. Nice job.

(And thanks for quoting me in your profile. Let the amazingness abound! Perhaps I shall return the favor and quote one of your poems.)
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
Good work. The second section is my favorite - strong yet wistful and the repetition of grew/grown/grew/grow is really effective.
i am myself chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
wow. i feel the same way about one of my best friends. i knew her for about 10 years before she left me behind. i could just never put it into words. thank you...
Empty Tranquility chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
This is exactly how I feel towards my best friend... Nicely written.