Reviews for Bitterly, I Weep
quixotic-hope chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
Great job. I can definitely relate to not being friends anymore and yet being unable to recall quite when it all fell apart.
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
"I miss you. I miss you so much. / And it all feels like a dream." That's great. There are some really wonderful things happening in this poem. But what I like most is how I can relate to it personally. It seems that your persona is talking about a childhood friend. Well, I had a best friend in high-school, and in my senior year she abandoned me for the cool punk-rock new girl. I'd been aiming all of my friendship lasers at her, so when she cast me off I was utterly and incredibly alone.

So, here's to losing friends and spending senior year alone in movie theares and cafes.

Very moving. Nice job.

J

(And thanks for quoting me in your profile. Let the amazingness abound! Perhaps I shall return the favor and quote one of your poems.)
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
Good work. The second section is my favorite - strong yet wistful and the repetition of grew/grown/grew/grow is really effective.
i am myself chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
wow. i feel the same way about one of my best friends. i knew her for about 10 years before she left me behind. i could just never put it into words. thank you...
Empty Tranquility chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
This is exactly how I feel towards my best friend... Nicely written.