Reviews for Two Sides of Living
subsist chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
i'm in awe. this is exactly the kind of writing i love to read. very wise on the choice of words.
Niels Stegeman chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
An amazing poem! I have greatly enjoyed reading this. The imagery was beautiful and very well done.

"If I made an angel in the sand,

would I be a star in the galaxy?

Five points of light rushing past your eyes?"

Simply beautiful! So, well done again and keep writing!
realityescapesher chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
this is beautiful and adorable. i love the idea of cutting life in two and how the descriptions are so beautiful of what would happen with nature. i thought the end was kind of out of the blue... but that's ok because it was touching and adorable.

drippingdreams chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
That's so sweet! I didn't expect the ending. God, as always, I love your poetry. (This does remind me a bit of my poem that you helped me out on called "She Says," just because it has a few similar little motifs, like folding and ocean vs sky). I especially like the second stanza and the last three lines. Beautiful descriptions, as always.
LOSTxINSIDExMYxDREAMS chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
Trippy but Amazing! I adore this poem it's very emotionally written to twist a persons feelings...I've never read a poem that made me really think/feel the same way this one did.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
I like this a lot.. the descriptions are awesome.. thanks so much for your review
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
Fascinating piece, it’s very dreamy - lucid almost, like waking up in Oz or Never-Never Land, some fantastical seed of wander that’s rooted to our hearts rather than our imaginations.

“What if, with scissors,/I dragged my hand across the horizon,/at the place it severs life in two?/I would fold the world inside out,” - The imagery of that is almost primal, desperate. Needing to cross in lines for yourself to know the boundaries of what you can do. It’s scary, but also deeply mesmerizing.

“and the sky would be the sea” - I love how you play with that idea continuously; I can just see the sky as one huge pool shimmering and flowing with what we would now call current instead of wind. While the sea is sprinkled with thick clouds. The world you’ve created in my mind with this is heartbreaking, I want it to be real.

“teal, navy, purple, plum./My skin is burnt amber from static electricity.” - I really like how you play with color in this as well, color is mood. And I love the changing of ‘amber,’ like being burnt but it’s almost a beautiful burnt.

“I’d fold it so the half with me/was always kissing the half with you.” - Beautiful connection at the end. This is such a beautiful piece; like watching the sunrise, or the sunset on the page. I love it. Keep up the good work, and Happy 4th of July.

Much love,Juliet.